Triethylenediamine CAS 280-57-9 DETA
Factory Supply Triethylenediamine CAS 280-57-9 DETA with Best Price
- Appearance: White powder
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Triethylenediamine Supplement
Triethylenediamine: The Complete Guide
Triethylenediamine for Sale
Basic Info of Triethylenediamine
Triethylene diamine; DETA
Pharmaceutical raw materials; Pharmaceuticals, pesticides, dyes, synthetic material intermediates
What is Triethylenediamine?
Triethylenediamine, also known as 1,4-diazabicyclo[2.2.2]octane, or triethylenediamine, abbreviated as DABCO or TEDA in English, and the chemical formula is C6H12N2, is a very important chemical production It is a highly efficient catalyst and is widely used in condensation reaction, polyurethane foaming catalysis, pesticide synthesis and electroplating industries.
Triethylenediamine is a basic catalyst for polyurethane foam, an initiator for pesticide production, and an additive for chlorine-free electroplating. As one of the most widely used tertiary catalysts in the polyurethane industry, its series of products are suitable for various products such as polyurethane flexible foam, rigid foam, elastomer and coating. In my country, the traditional production process uses dichloroethane and ammonia water as raw materials, and performs hot-pressing ammonolysis at 250 °C and 3.9 MPa to generate a large amount of diethylenetriamine and a small amount of triethylenediamine. Because of the harsh process conditions , the equipment requirements are extremely high, and it has long been eliminated. Some researchers used piperazine and its derivatives as raw materials to synthesize DABCO with Ba2+-containing SrHPO4 as a catalyst in an autoclave at 360 ℃. The raw material conversion rate and DABCO selectivity were high, but the raw materials were so expensive that they only stayed in the laboratory stage. . At present, the industrial production of DABCO mostly uses ethylenediamine as the raw material. Although the production process is relatively mature, there are still problems such as shortage of raw materials, relatively expensive, and many by-products. However, ethanolamine is cheap, but has high requirements for catalyst preparation and is difficult to separate from DABCO. Studies have shown that using ZSM-5 molecular sieve as a carrier and properly supporting some metal ions, a catalyst with high catalytic activity and selectivity can be prepared.
- 1,4-diazabicyclo octane is used as polyurethane catalyst, complex ligand of Balis Hillman response catalyst and also Lewis base. It can be made use of in dye lasers and also ingrained examples for fluorescence microscopic lens. It can also be utilized as an anti fading reagent to remove free radicals created by fluorescent dyes thrilled by fluorescent dyes. Furthermore, it is an oxidation and polymerization catalyst.
- In chemical and also biological protection, activated carbon is impregnated with DABCO as well as used for mask filters, cumulative protection systems, and so on.
- Triethylenediamine is a vital chemical basic material, used as a driver for polyurethane, as well as likewise used as oil additive; used as a deterioration inhibitor in central heating boiler water therapy, and also used as a stimulant for polyurethane frothing and polymerization, epoxy resin treating Accelerator, stimulant for acrylonitrile, ethylene as well as alkoxyethylene oxide; as a non-nucleophilic base, a reagent for splitting β-ketoesters as well as geminal esters and dehydrohalogenation reactions, creating with organomagnesium, lithium, zinc compounds facilities to enhance task and participate in many reactions.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy triethylenediamine, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Triethylenediamine
Triethylenediamine has a wide range of uses, and is mainly used as a catalyst for the preparation of polyurethane foams. Its series of products can be used in various products such as polyurethane flexible foam, rigid foam, elastomer and coating, and are the most widely used and most used tertiary amine catalysts in the polyurethane industry. In addition, it acts as a petroleum additive, a catalyst for the production of polyethylene and other polyepoxy hydrocarbons. Derivatives of triethylenediamine can also be used as corrosion inhibitors and emulsifiers for anti-corrosion materials. In addition, due to its unique cage-like structure, triethylenediamine exhibits excellent catalytic performance in organic synthesis, and is widely used in polyurethane catalytic foaming, catalytic condensation and other reactions.
Since Farben developed the first generation of cast polyurethane elastomers, polyurethane has been widely used due to its unique wear resistance and mechanical properties, and has developed rapidly, with an annual growth rate of more than 4% per year. Among the catalysts for polyurethane foam, the most common and the best performing catalyst is triethylenediamine.
Triethylenediamine has a unique cage-like structure in which two nitrogen atoms are directly linked to three ethylene groups to form a bimolecular structure, which is very dense and symmetrical. Since the N atom not only has no other substituents to increase steric hindrance, but also has a pair of vacant electrons that are very accessible, in the catalytic foaming system, after the urethane bond is formed, triethylenediamine will be freed and participate in next catalytic process. Therefore, although triethylenediamine is not a strong base, it exhibits extremely high catalytic activity towards the reaction of isocyanate groups and active hydrogen compounds.
Taking triethylenediamine catalyzed poly(1,6-hexanediol carbonate) ester diol as an example, firstly, triethylenediamine interacts with 1,6-hexanediol to form hydrogen bonds on the N atom, and increase the The nucleophilicity of the alkoxy group is improved; the nitrogen atom at the other end reacts with dimethyl carbonate to cut off the carbonyl group, and then the elimination reaction is carried out to remove a molecule of methanol, the catalyst is freed for regeneration and continues to catalyze the reaction, and finally the carbon The purpose of chain growth.
Preparation of Triethylenediamine
- Dissolve piperazine in methanol in advance, add 123.9g (1.05mol) dimethyl oxalate to the reaction flask with mechanical stirring device, add methanol to dissolve completely, add 4.3g sodium methoxide, then take 86g (1mol) Piperazine dissolved in methanol is slowly added dropwise at a temperature of 40° C. After the dropwise addition, the mixture is stirred for 1 to 2 hours and filtered. The obtained filter cake is washed with methanol and dried to obtain an intermediate product, dioxytriethylenediamine.
- In the autoclave, add the dioxytriethylenediamine obtained in step (1), add tetrahydrofuran to dissolve completely, add 4.3g of palladium carbon, seal the lid tightly, heat up to 175° C. Fill with hydrogen until the pressure reaches 5MPa, continue to fill with hydrogen to maintain the pressure during the reaction, until the pressure no longer drops significantly, to obtain crude triethylenediamine.
- Open the exhaust valve of the autoclave to exhaust, open the lid of the autoclave, reduce to room temperature, filter the triethylenediamine crude product obtained in step (2) to remove the catalyst, add ethanol after rectifying the tetrahydrofuran, and filter, The obtained filter cake was dried to obtain 98.11 g of the final product triethylenediamine.
The molar yield of triethylenediamine was calculated to be 87.6%, and the purity of triethylenediamine detected by gas phase was 99.0%.
- 1,4-Diazabicyclo[2.2.2]octane – PubChem
- DABCO – WikiPedia
- [Chinese invention] CN202010604011.6 A kind of synthetic method of triethylenediamine
- Yang Guozhong, Guo Tingting, Chen Yinxia, et al. Synthesis and Application of Triethylenediamine [J]. Fine and Specialty Chemicals, 2015 (2): 35-38.