Trichloroacetic acid CAS 76-03-9
Factory Supply Trichloroacetic acid CAS 76-03-9 with Best Price
- Appearance: White powder
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Trichloroacetic acid Manufacturers & Suppliers
Trichloroacetic acid: The Complete Guide
Trichloroacetic acid for Sale
Basic Info of Trichloroacetic acid
TCA trichloroacetic acid; Trichloroethanoic acid; TCAA
Organic intermediates; Pesticide intermediates; Pharmaceutical intermediates; Pharmaceutical raw materials
What is Trichloroacetic acid?
Trichloroacetic acid is referred to as TCA. Colorless or white orthorhombic crystal. A strong deliquescence. There is a slight special pungent odor. There is strong corrosiveness. The relative molecular mass is 163.40. The relative density is 1.6298 (61°C). Melting point 57 ~ 58 ℃. Boiling point 197.5°C, 141～142°C (3.333×103Pa). Combustion heat 3.0kJ. Refractive index 1.4603 (61°C). Vapor pressure 0.133×103Pa (51℃).
Trichloroacetic acid is mainly used in organic synthesis and pharmaceuticals, chemical reagents and pesticides. Trichloroacetic acid is often used to precipitate proteins in experiments. Easily soluble in water, the aqueous solution is acidic (0.1mol aqueous solution pH1.2), soluble in ethanol, ether, solubility at 25°C: water 1306, methanol 2143, ether 617; the aqueous solution below 30% is slowly decomposed into chloroform, hydrogen chloride, Carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, etc.; hydrolyzed to chloroform and carbon dioxide in dilute alkaline solution; hydrolyzed to formic acid in concentrated alkaline solution. It is decomposed into chloroform and carbonate with strong alkali.
Trichloroacetic acid can be obtained by direct chlorination of acetic acid or by oxidation of trichloroacetaldehyde by nitric acid: CCl3CHO+2HNO3→CCl3COOH+2NO2+H2O.
Trichloroacetic acid Uses
- Trichloroacetic acid is widely used in biochemistry to precipitate macromolecules such as protein, DNA and RNA. Both TCA and DCA are used for cosmetic treatment (such as chemical skin change and tattoo removal), and can also be used as local drugs for chemical ablation of warts (including genital warts). It can also kill normal cells. It is considered safe to use for this purpose during pregnancy.
- The sodium and also ammonium salts of trichloroacetic acid are herbicides. Salt trichloroacetate is typically utilized as a pre-emergent herbicide in food crops and vegetable areas.
- Trichloroacetic acid is used as a reagent for the resolution of fluoride as well as protein rainfall, and also as a reagent for bile pigments together with ferric chloride. Microscopic analysis was made use of as a fixative. For natural synthesis, manufacture of medicines, chemicals, etc.
- When trichloroacetic acid is warmed with alkali solution, it is decomposed right into chloroform and alkali carbonate.
- Trichloroacetic acid is mostly made use of as an extractant for biochemical drugs, such as adenosine triphosphate, cytochrome C and placenta ester polysaccharide. It is made use of as a basic material for pesticides, as a precipitant for healthy proteins and also as a fixative for microscopic lense examples.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy trichloroacetic acid, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Principle of Trichloroacetic acid Precipitation of Proteins
- Form insoluble salts with proteins under acidic conditions.
- As a protein denaturant, it changes the protein conformation, exposes more hydrophobic groups, and causes it to aggregate and precipitate.
- As the molecular weight of the protein increases, its structure becomes more complex and dense, and TCA may penetrate into the molecule and make it difficult to be completely removed. When the sample is heated before electrophoresis, the protein structure may undergo acid hydrolysis and form fragments, and this effect becomes more and more obvious with the extension of time.
- The electrophoresis spectrum shows that the monomer spectrum of BSA and HSA has obvious broadening phenomenon, which may be due to the binding of TCA, which makes the binding amount of SDS and protein deviate, resulting in the inhomogeneity of the charge on the protein and causing migration. rate inconsistency.
Trichloroacetic acid Precipitation Method
- Add 1/4 volume of TCA+DOC to the protein fraction (in a 1.5-ml polypropylene microcentrifuge tube) to a final concentration of TCA of 20% (w/v). Shake to mix.
- Incubate on ice for 20-30 min.
- Microcentrifuge, centrifuge at room temperature for 15 min. The precipitate, if visible, was a viscous, yellowish-brown gum. Aspirate the supernatant with a fine Pasteur pipette. Strive to remove as much supernatant as possible. If a 100ul sample is taken for precipitation, the precipitate will be visible.
- Add 3 times the volume (original sample volume of acetone (room temperature). The sample is allowed to stand at room temperature for about 10 min, so that TCA+DOC is dissolved in acetone.
- Centrifuge at room temperature for 15 min. At the time, the size and physical properties of the sediment resembled that of a bit of dust. About 10ug or more of protein is visible. Sometimes, white precipitates of salts (such as KCl, etc.) are obtained. Remove the supernatant with a very fine Pasteur pipette. The pellet was dried on ice for 10 min (the lid of the 1.5-ml centrifuge tube was opened). Dried pellets can be stored at -20°C for extended periods (>1 month).
- Dissolve the pellet with 2-mercaptoethanol-containing sample buffer (lx) (6ul for a standard mini-plate gel apparatus). If there is still a small amount of TCA residue, the bromophenol blue will turn yellow. This does not matter because there is enough buffer capacity to neutralize traces of TCA during electrophoresis. If there is residual KCl in the precipitate, a flocculent white precipitate (potassium dodecyl sulfate) will form when sample buffer is added to the precipitated protein. If potassium dodecyl sulfate precipitates, it is difficult to apply the sample to an SDS gel, but once the sample is applied to the gel, electrophoresis will run well.
- If a molecular weight standard reference is required, the protein molecular weight (MW) standard can be prepared as a stock solution of 0.5 mg total protein per ml in lxSDS sample buffer without 2-mercaptoethanol. Divide into small aliquots (50ul) and store at -20°C. For silver staining, take 2ul molecular weight standard + 4ul sample buffer containing 2-mercaptoethanol to a final volume of 6ul.
Trichloroacetic acid Suppliers and Manufacturers
As a trichloroacetic acid supplier and manufacturer with a strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best trichloroacetic acid raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have a demand for trichloroacetic acid and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, and we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.