Thiophene CAS 110-02-1
Factory Supply Thiophene CAS 110-02-1 with Best Price
- Appearance: Colorelss liquid
- Purity: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Thiophene Supplier & Manufacturer
Thiophene: The Complete Guide
Thiophene for Sale
|Other Name:||Thiofuran; Thiacyclopentadiene|
|Type:||Pharmaceutical, pesticide and dye intermediates; Pharmaceutical raw materials; Organic raw materials|
What is Thiophene?
Thiophene is a five- membered heterocyclic emulsion containing a sulfur heteroatom. It exists in a small quantum in crude benzene produced from coal navigator. It’s a tintless liquid with an sweet odor analogous to benzene. It has a boiling point of 84 °C and is undoable in water. It can be mixed with ethanol and ether, Acetone, benzene, carbon tetrachloride, heptane, pyridine, 1,4- dioxane,etc. are miscible. ignitable . It has strong heat resistance and won’t putrefy when hotted to 850 °C. It doesn’t polymerize, putrefy and isn’t fluently oxidized under strong acid conditions. Has moderate toxin. The five tittles on the thiophene ring are all sp2 hybridized and are in the same aeroplane. The p orbital enthralled by a brace of sole electrons of the sulfur snippet is resemblant to and overlaps with the p orbitals of the four carbon tittles, forming a unrestricted conjugation of 5 tittles and 6 electrons System, so it has aromaticity, thiophene is more likely to suffer electrophilic negotiation response than benzene, and the negotiation substantially occurs at the α- position( 2- position or 5- position). An important outgrowth of thiophene is biotin, which can suffer sulfonation response with concentrated sulfuric acid at room temperature to produce 2- thiophenesulfonic acid answerable in sulfuric acid, so this system is frequently used to remove thiophene from crude benzene.
Thiophene can be used in the product of colorful colorings, spices, plastics resistant to rapid-fire cooling and rapid-fire heat, largely active detergents, instigations, germicides, brighteners, cosmetics and biologically active substances, as well as medicinals similar as vitamins, anesthetics and antibiotics. It’s also the raw material for the medication of broad- diapason anthelmintic pyrantel and antibiotics cephalosporin I and II, and can further prepare detergents similar as sulfolane. Polythiophene can be synthesized by chemical system or electrochemical system. After answer, its conductivity is 2-10.6 × 103S/ m, which is a kind of conductive polymer material with implicit operation prospects.
- In agriculture, sulfonylurea derivatives of thiophene are super-efficient and low-toxic new herbicides, and thiophene is also used as an insecticide, fungicide, and animal and plant growth promoter.
- Thiophene is aromatic and can replace benzene as a raw material for the production of dyes and plastics. Because thiophene is more active and metabolized in animals more easily, thiophene has been endowed with more special uses in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Thiophene is an industrial solvent with good performance. In terms of medicine, many thiophene derivatives have various pharmacological activities and have been gradually discovered by humans. Thiophene derivatives are gradually replacing some benzene derivatives. Many of the derivatives of thiophene are important drugs, such as vitamin H (also known as biotin) and semi-synthetic cephalosporins (cephalosporins).
- Thiophene can be used to make colorings, drugs and resins; to synthesize new broad- diapason antibiotic cephalosporins; to make color flicks and special goods photography; to synthesize some complex reagents; it’s an important intermediate for the conflation of phenolic plastics and resins. Thiophene itself is a good dewaxing agent and makeup cleanser. Thiophene derivations have colorful pharmacological conditioning. There are numerous kinds of thiophene azo colorings with excellent performance. Sulfonylurea derivations of thiophene are new dressings with super high effectiveness and low toxin. Other derivations can also be used as germicides, pesticides, beast and factory growth promoters, etc. In addition, some derivations of thiophene are also factors of organic semiconductors. In short, thiophene and its derivations play a veritably important part in the pharmaceutical assiduity, color assiduity, fungicide assiduity, resin assiduity, and chemical assiduity.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy thiophene, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Two Important Derivatives of Thiophene
Thiophene is easy to form various derivatives due to its active nature. Many derivatives of thiophene have different properties according to the difference in chemical structure.
- α-thiophene derivatives
It is very easy to obtain α-thiophene derivatives, which can be carried out by electrophilic substitution reaction on the thiophene ring, and the substitution reaction of thiophene at the α position is easy to carry out. The main derivatives produced in this substitution reaction are thiophene-α-formaldehyde, thiophene-α-acetic acid, thiophene-α-ethanol, α-chlorothiophene, and α-acetylthiophene. α-iodothiophene, α-ethylenethiophene, α-chloromethylthiophene, thiophene-α-ethylamine, α-nitrothiophene, thiophene-α-acetonitrile, and the like.
- β-thiophene derivatives
In the preparation of α-thiophene derivatives, thiophene is usually used as raw material directly, but β-thiophene derivatives are not so. Except for β-bromothiophene obtained by bromination and debromination of thiophene as a raw material, most β-thiophene derivatives are synthesized by using β-methylthiophene as a raw material. Such as thiophene-β-acetonitrile, β-thiophene methyl chloride, β-bromomethylthiophene, β-thiophene ethyl acetate, thiophene-β-acetic acid, thiophene-β-formaldehyde, thiophene-β-formic acid, etc.
Thiophene Synthesis Process
- Butane-hydrogen sulfide process
This method is also known as the Socony-Vacuum method. Butane and hydrogen sulfide are used as raw materials, and thiophene is prepared by cyclization at 500-600 °C without a catalyst, and the yield is about 40%. There are many variants of this method, including reacting with sulfur or pyrite instead of hydrogen sulfide, which is also an early foreign production method. Since butane (or mixed C4) is a cheap refinery by-product, and hydrogen sulfide is refinery acid gas, which belongs to the waste of the refinery, the raw material for the synthesis of thiophene belongs to waste recycling, and the raw material price is low, which is the purpose of this law advantage. The disadvantage is that the process is long and the pollution is serious, and production abroad has stopped.
- Furan-hydrogen sulfide process
The method is that furan and hydrogen sulfide are reacted in gas phase at 300-400°C with metal oxide as a catalyst to obtain thiophene. Similarly, if methyl furan is used as raw material, methyl thiophene can be obtained. The advantage of this method is that the product quality is good and the yield is high, but the disadvantage is that furan is expensive and the cost of raw materials is relatively high.
- Butane-sulfur process
Due to the fact that sulfur in the reaction system needs to be gasified, this reaction is a method of continuously reacting butane and sulfur gas on a metal oxide catalyst at a high temperature of 500~600°C, without external heating, hydrogen sulfide and butane The reaction produces thiophene in high yield. The advantage of this method is that the yield is high, and the disadvantage is that the price of the catalyst is relatively expensive and the cost of raw materials is relatively high.
- Butane-carbon disulfide process
This method uses metal oxides as catalysts. In a fixed-bed reactor, butane and carbon disulfide react at high temperature to synthesize thiophene through ring closure. This method not only solves the shortcomings of low yield and harsh environment of the original Socony-Vacuum method, but also has low prices for butane and carbon disulfide, and is currently the most important production method abroad. Due to the low price of mixed C4, it has gradually evolved into a method of mixing C4 as a raw material.
- Thiophene – WikiPedia
- Xu Xiaoning, Huang Xu, Liu Hongyu. Progress in Thiophene Synthesis Technology [J]. Ningbo Chemical Industry, 2013, 2: 8-10.
- Fang Weiguo, Hu Jianfeng, Sun Feiqiang. Discussion on the application of thiophene in the synthesis of pharmaceutical intermediates [J]. Contemporary Chemical Research, 2016,1: 13-14.
Thiophene Supplier and Manufacturer
As a thiophene supplier and manufacturer with a strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best thiophene raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have a demand for thiophene and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, and we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide the best price and high-quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensure its quality.
* The packing also can be according to the customers` requirement.
* Any inquiries will be replied to within 24 hours.
* We provide a Commerical Invoices, Packing Lists, Bills of loading, COA, Health certificates, and Origin certificates. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
* The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
* Product has any problem can return.