Terephthalic acid CAS 100-21-0
Factory Supply Terephthalic acid CAS 100-21-0 with Best Price
- Appearance: White powder
- Purity: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Terephthalic acid Supplier & Manufacturer
Terephthalic acid: The Complete Guide
Terephthalic acid for Sale
Basic Info of Terephthalic acid
p-Phthalic acid; PTA; Terephthalic; Pure terephthalic acid; PTA acid; PTA terephthalic acid
Synthetic material intermediates; Organic raw materials
What is Terephthalic acid?
Terephthalic acid is an organic substance with the chemical formula C 6 h 4 (COOH) 2. This colorless solid is a business chemical, which is mostly used as a precursor of polyester pet dog as well as in the manufacture of clothing and also plastic containers. Millions of heaps are generated annually. It is among 3 isomeric phthalates.
Terephthalic acid (PTA) is just one of the important mass organic raw materials, which is widely used in chemical fiber, light industry, electronics, building as well as various other aspects of the national economic situation. At the same time, the application of PTA is relatively concentrated. Greater than 90% of PTA in the world is used to create polyethylene terephthalate (FAMILY PET). The production of 1 ton of animal requires 0.85-0.86 tons of PTA and 0.33-0.34 tons of MEG (ethylene glycol). Polyester consists of fiber chips, polyester fibers, container chips and film chips. In the domestic market, 75% of PTA is used to produce polyester fiber; 20% is used to create bottle grade polyester, generally made use of in the packaging of numerous drinks, particularly carbonated beverages; 5% is utilized for movie grade polyester, mostly utilized in product packaging products, films and tapes. It can be seen that the downstream expansion products of PTA are mostly polyester fibers.
In 1846, the French chemist Amédée Cailliot (1805– 1884) first isolated terephthalic acid from turpentine. Terephthalic acid ended up being crucial in industry after The second world war. Terephthalic acid was prepared by oxidation of p-xylene with dilute nitric acid. Air oxidation of p-xylene yields p-toluic acid, which can resist further air oxidation. The conversion of p-toluene formic acid to methyl p-toluene formic acid (CH3C6H4CO2CH3) opens a means for further oxidation to monomethyl terephthalate, which is further esterified to dimethyl terephthalate. In 1955, Mid Century Corporation as well as ICI introduced that bromide promoted the oxidation of p-toluic acid to terephthalic acid. This innovation makes it possible for the conversion of p-xylene to terephthalic acid without separation of intermediates.
Terephthalic acid Uses
- Terephthalic acid is primarily made use of in the manufacturing of polyethylene terephthalate (polyester), which is a crucial raw material for polyester fibers, movies, plastic items, insulating paints and plasticizers, as well as likewise utilized in medicine, dyes as well as various other items manufacturing.
- Organic synthesis, decision of residual alkalinity in woollen, tailing agent for gas chromatography. By adding polyethylene glycol 200, fatty acids can be divided and analyzed.
- The worldwide supply of terephthalic acid and dimethyl terephthalate is consumed as the forerunner of polyethylene terephthalate (PET DOG). The world outcome in 1970 had to do with 1.75 million tons. By 2006, the international demand for cleansed terephthalic acid (PTA) had actually gone beyond 30million heaps. In the production of polybutylene terephthalate and also numerous various other engineering polymers, the demand for terephthalic acid is little, yet large.
- 1,4-Phthalic acid is mainly used to produce polyethylene terephthalate. It also produces plasticizers dioctyl phthalate (DOTP) and polyester plasticizers. 1,4-benzoic acid and polyol react with diethylene glycol, triethylene glycol, glycerol, propylene glycol, butanediol, etc. to prepare polyester plasticizer.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy terephthalic acid, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Terephthalic acid
- PTA based polyester fibers can be used alone or in combination with natural fibers and other synthetic fibers to provide simple fabric care. Polyester film is widely used in audio and video recording tapes, data storage tapes, photographic films, labels and other sheets that need dimensional stability and toughness.
- Terephthalic acid is used as a carrier in coatings.
- Terephthalate plasticizers such as dioctyl terephthalate and dibutyl terephthalate were prepared from terephthalic acid.
- It is used as the raw material of some drugs in the pharmaceutical industry.
- In addition to these end uses, terephthalic acid based polyester and polyamide are also used for hot melt adhesives.
- PTA is an important raw material for low molecular weight saturated polyester used in powder and water-soluble coatings.
- In research laboratories, terephthalic acid has been promoted as a component for the synthesis of metal organic frameworks.
- The analgesic oxycodone sometimes appears in the form of terephthalate. However, the more common oxycodone salt is hydrochloride. Pharmacologically, 1 mg terephthalic acid is equivalent to 1.13 mg oxycodone hydrochloride.
- Terephthalic acid is used as a filler for some military smoke bombs, the most famous of which are M83 smoke bombs and M90 vehicle smoke bombs in the United States. When burning, it will produce thick white smoke, which plays a role of shelter in vision and near-infrared spectroscopy.
Preparation of Terephthalic acid
The most widely used and most economical production method in industry is the high temperature liquid phase oxidation method with p-xylene as raw material. Other production methods of terephthalic acid include low-temperature oxidation of p-xylene, phthalic anhydride translocation, and toluene oxidative disproportionation.
- P-xylene high temperature oxidation method p-xylene uses acetic acid as solvent, cobalt acetate-manganese acetate as catalyst, and tetrabromoethane as co-catalyst, and oxidizes p-xylene at 221-225 ℃ and 2.5-3.0MPa to generate terephthalic acid formic acid. The solubility of terephthalic acid in acetic acid is not large, and the oxidation product is in the form of mud. Crude terephthalic acid is obtained after centrifugal separation and drying. One of the most harmful impurities is p-carboxybenzaldehyde, with a content of 1000-5000ppm. Dissolve the crude product in water at 280-290°C and a pressure of about 7MPa, then carry out hydroprocessing in the presence of a catalyst to remove p-carboxybenzoic acid, crystallize, filter, wash and dry to obtain fiber-grade terephthalic acid.
- P-xylene low temperature oxidation method raw material p-xylene is in acetic acid solvent, with cobalt acetate (or manganese acetate) and bromide as catalyst, and triacetal as oxidation accelerator, at 100-130 ℃ temperature and 3MPa pressure Under low temperature, one-step low-temperature oxidation with air, the reaction product is washed with acetic acid, and then dried to obtain the product terephthalic acid.
Terephthalic acid Supplier and Manufacturer
As a terephthalic acid supplier and manufacturer with a strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best terephthalic acid raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have a demand for terephthalic acid and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, and we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide the best price and high-quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensure its quality.
* The packing also can be according to the customers` requirement.
* Any inquiries will be replied to within 24 hours.
* We provide a Commerical Invoices, Packing Lists, Bills of loading, COA, Health certificates, and Origin certificates. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
* The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
* Product has any problem can return.