Stearic Acid Powder CAS 57-11-4
Factory Supply Stearic Acid Powder CAS 57-11-4 with Best Price
- Appearance: White powder
- Purity: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Stearic Acid Supplier & Manufacturer
Stearic Acid Powder: The Complete Guide
Stearic Acid for Sale
Stearic acid powder; Sodium stearate; Stearic fatty acid; Palmitic acid; Oleic acid
Pharmaceutical raw materials; Inorganic salt; Organic intermediate
What is Stearic Acid Powder?
Stearic acid, legal number INS (international number system) 570, EEC No. 570, CAS [57-11-4], white or light yellow-white solid, soluble in alcohol and acetone, easily soluble in ether, chloroform, benzene, tetrachloride Carbon, carbon disulfide, amyl acetate and toluene, etc., with a melting point of 69.6 °C, are one of the main components of grease.
Stearic acid, namely octadecanoic acid, molecular formula C18H36O2, is produced by the hydrolysis of oil and is mainly used to produce stearate. Dissolve each gram in 21ml of ethanol, 5ml of benzene, 2ml of chloroform or 6ml of carbon tetrachloride.
Mainly used in the production of stearate: sodium stearate, magnesium stearate, calcium stearate, lead stearate, aluminum stearate, cadmium stearate, iron stearate, potassium stearate.
Stearic Acid Uses
- Stearic acid powder is used for water hardness determination, and also used as activator and diffusing agent for acidification.
- Stearic acid powder is widely used as plastic cold-resistant plasticizer, stabilizer, surfactant, mold release agent, rubber vulcanization accelerator, etc.
- Lubricant; anti-caking agent; gum base agent; antifoaming agent and other food additives (glyceryl stearate, sorbitan stearate, sucrose ester, etc.) manufacturing raw materials.
- Stearic acid powder is used as an emulsifier for oil-based drilling fluids. It can also be used as lubricant and wetting agent in rubber industry and textile industry.
- Stearic acid powder is used as a vulcanization activator for natural rubber, synthetic rubber (except butyl rubber) and latex, and also as a raw material for plasticizers and stabilizers. In medicine, it is used to formulate ointments, suppositories, etc., and also used in the manufacture of cosmetics, candles, waterproofing agents, polishing agents, etc. This product is used in the food industry as a lubricant, a defoamer and a raw material for food additives such as glycerol stearate, sorbitan stearate, and sucrose ester.
- Stearic acid powder can be used as a gas phase analysis standard, and also used in the preparation of soaps, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and other organic chemicals. Purpose Determination of water hardness. Calcium, magnesium and lithium were determined in turbidimetry. Solvent for relative molecular weight determination. Active agent that promotes acidification. Commercial stearic acid is actually a mixture of 45% stearic acid and 55% palmitic acid, with a small amount of oleic acid and a slightly fatty odor.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy stearic acid powder, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Stearic Acid Powder
Stearic acid powder is widely used in cosmetics, plastic cold-resistant plasticizer, mold release agent, stabilizer, surfactant, rubber vulcanization accelerator, waterproofing agent, polishing agent, metal soap, metal mineral flotation agent, softener, Pharmaceuticals and other organic chemicals.In addition, stearic acid powder can also be used as a solvent for oil-soluble pigments, a crayon slip agent, a wax paper polisher, an emulsifier for glycerol stearate, and the like.
Stearic acid powder is used in the food industry as a lubricant, a defoaming agent and a raw material for food additives such as glyceryl stearate, sorbitan stearate, and sucrose ester. It is used as the raw material of auxiliary agent and the raw material of daily chemical products.
Stearic acid powder is widely used in the manufacture of PVC plastic pipes, sheets, profiles and films. It is a PVC heat stabilizer with good lubricity and good light and heat stability. In plastic PVC pipes, stearic acid helps prevent “coking” during processing, is an effective heat stabilizer in PVC film processing, and protects the finished film from exposure to sulfides discoloration.
Stearic acid powder plays an important role in the synthesis and processing of rubber. Stearic acid is a widely used vulcanization activator in natural rubber, synthetic rubber and latex, and can also be used as a plasticizer and softener.
In the process of producing synthetic rubber, stearic acid needs to be added as an emulsifier. In the production of foam rubber, stearic acid can be used as a foaming agent, and stearic acid can also be used as a mold release agent for rubber products.
Method for Synthesizing Stearate with Stearic Acid Powder
A method for preparing iron stearate by stearic acid synthesis, comprising the following steps:
- Take 40 parts by weight of stearic acid, 20 parts of soluble iron salt solution, 4 parts of catalyst, and 1 part of water;
- Under normal pressure, 40 parts of stearic acid and 20 parts of soluble iron salt solution were taken under the action of 4 parts of catalyst, and reacted in 1 part of water for 30 minutes, and the temperature was controlled at 125°C;
- The temperature is then lowered to 60° C., and the reaction is continued for 15 minutes. The obtained product is filtered, washed with water and dried to obtain iron stearate.
The concentration of the above-mentioned barium hydroxide aqueous solution is 1-3%. The pH of the above water is 7-9.
- Stearic acid – PubChem
- [Chinese invention] CN201210565659.2 A kind of method for preparing iron stearate by stearic acid synthesis
Stearic Acid Supplier and Manufacturer
As a stearic acid supplier and manufacturer with a strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best stearic acid raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have a demand for stearic acid and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, and we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide the best price and high-quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensure its quality.
* The packing also can be according to the customers` requirement.
* Any inquiries will be replied to within 24 hours.
* We provide a Commerical Invoices, Packing Lists, Bills of loading, COA, Health certificates, and Origin certificates. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
* The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
* Product has any problem can return.