Samarium(II) Iodide CAS 32248-43-4
Factory Supply Samarium(II) Iodide CAS 32248-43-4 with Best Price
- Appearance: White powder
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Samarium(II) Iodide Supplier & Manufacturer
Samarium(II) Iodide: The Complete Guide
Samarium(II) Iodide for Sale
What is Samarium(II) Iodide?
Samarium iodide is a samarium iodide, which is blue-dark blue liquid with a special odor and has a certain solubility in polar organic solvents, usually used in THF, HMPA.
Samarium diiodide can be obtained by pyrolysis of samarium triiodide and the reaction of samarium powder with 1,2-diiodoethane or diiodomethane in anhydrous tetrahydrofuran.
Samarium iodide (SmI2) is a widely used reagent in organic synthesis. The main reactions it participates in include: free radical cyclization reaction; carbonyl-alkene coupling reaction; pina coupling reaction; aldol condensation reaction; Barbier reaction; Reformatsky reaction, etc.
Ketones or esters react with iodohydrocarbons to form tertiary alcohols (Barbier reaction), similar to the Grignard reaction, to form new carbon-carbon bonds. The reaction is very fast, and a solution of samarium diiodide in tetrahydrofuran is often used, and a catalytic amount of nickel iodide is added.
RI + R’COR” → R(R’)C(OH)R”
Samarium(II) Iodide Uses
- In organic synthesis and also electron transfer responses; in discharge lights.
- Reaction accelerators involved in the cyclization of samarium carboxyaryl groups.
- Samarium iodide is a single electron transfer reagent used as a reducing agent in synthetic chemistry. Samarium iodide is also used to facilitate intramolecular reductive coupling reactions, resulting in cyclized compounds.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy samarium(ii) iodide, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Samarium(II) Iodide
Samarium (II) iodide solution (SmI 2) can be used as a reagent to synthesize the following substances:
- Cycles of indole derivatives induced by SmI 2, benzoylated pyrrolizidine and indolizidine.
- Chiral 4-substituted 2-oxazolidinones and 5,5-disubstituted oxazolidinones via asymmetric Reformatsky type reactions.
- γ- Aminoalkyl substituted by keto olefin coupling reaction γ- Butyrolactone.
It can also be used to:
- Conjugated double and triple bonds were reduced to olefins using a SmI 2/H 2 O/amine mixture.
- By SmI 2/H 2 O/Et 3 N β- Hydroxyl ketones are converted to 1,3-diol.
- The SmI 2-H 2O reagent system was used to selectively reduce the 6-component lactone to the corresponding diol/triol.
SmI2 is an effective single electron reductant, which can promote the cyclization of ketone olefin, ketone aryl group and pinacol coupling reaction under mild conditions. In general, intramolecular and intermolecular coupling are carried out in a highly stereoselective manner. It is also used to synthesize new hetero coordination aryl samarium oxide/cyclopentadiene complexes.
Preparation and Properties
Samarium iodide can be reacted with samarium oxide and hydroiodic acid, and the nonahydrate (SmI3·9H2O) can be crystallized by evaporating the solvent and drying with calcium chloride. The hydrate and ammonium iodide are heated to obtain anhydrous.
Sm2O3 + 6HI → 2SmI3 + 3H2O
It reacts with metallic samarium in tetrahydrofuran to give samarium iodide:
2 SmI3 + Sm → 3SmI2
It reacts with SmOI, NaI and Na in a tantalum container to obtain Sm4OI6.
Samarium(II) Iodide Suppliers and Manufacturers
As a samarium iodide supplier and manufacturer with strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best samarium iodide raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have demand for samarium iodide and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide best price and high quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensureits quality.
*The packing also can be according the customers` requirment.
*Any inquiries will be replied within 24 hours.
*we provide Commerical Invoice, Packing List, Bill of loading, COA , Health certificate and Origin certificate. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
*The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
*Product has any problem can return.