Guar gum CAS 9000-30-0
|Product Name:||Guar gum|
|Product Categories:||thickener;Pharmaceutical intermediates|
|alpha||D25 +53° (1N NaOH)|
|Provide||Guar gum MSDS; Guar gum COA|
|solubility||It yields a mucilage of variable viscosity when dissolved in water, practically insoluble in ethanol (96 per cent).|
|form||Free Flowing Powder|
|Merck||13,4588 / 13,4587|
|Stability:||Stable. Combustible. A mixture of air and finely-divided powder is potentially explosive. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.|
|Definition||A water-soluble plant mucilage obtained from the ground endosperms of Cyanopsis tetragonoloba, cultivated in India and Pakistan as livestock feed, as well as in southwestern U.S. The water-soluble portion of the flour (85%) is called guaran and consists o|
|Chemical Properties||White to light yellowish.Free flowing powder.Close to odorless.Form viscous liquid after dispersing in hot or cold water. The viscosity of 1% aqueous solution is about 4~5Pa which is the highest viscosity in natural rubber. After adding small amount of sodium tetraborate it changes to gel.|
What is Guar gum?
Guar gum, also known as guar gum, is mainly produced in arid and semi-arid regions of India and Pakistan, and is extracted from the endosperm of guar beans. Guar gum is a natural macromolecular hydrophilic colloid. It is mainly composed of galactose and mannose. It belongs to natural galactomannan. It is also a common food quality improver. Guar gum is one of the cheap and widely used hydrophilic colloids in the world. Because of its good characteristics and relatively low price, it has gradually become one of the most widely used thickeners in China’s food industry.
Commercial guar gum is generally a white to light tan free-flowing powder that is nearly odorless. Guar gum is a kind of non-ionic galactomannan, itself and its derivatives have good water solubility, can be dispersed in hot or cold water to form a viscous liquid, and the viscosity reaches the maximum after fully dissolving. Long-term high temperature treatment will cause the guar gum itself to degrade and its viscosity to drop. Guar gum has the highest viscosity among natural gums and is insoluble in organic solvents such as ethanol.
Guar gum uses
|Uses||It has a coating action on the skin that allows for moisture retention. often used as a thickener and emulsifier in cosmetic formulations, guar gum is a polysaccharide found in the seeds of the guar plant. It is the nutrient material required by the developing plant embryo during germination. When the endosperm, once separated from the hull and embryo, is ground to a powder form, it is marketed as guar gum.|
Application of Guar Gum in Food Industry
The ability of guar gum to bind with large amounts of water and its good viscosity make it suitable for a wide range of applications in the food industry. In the food industry, guar gum can be used as a thickener, stabilizer, water-holding agent, binder, suspending agent, etc., and is widely used in ice cream, flour products, meat products, dairy products, bakery products, condiments Waiting.
- The application of guar gum in ice cream
In ice cream, guar gum is usually used in combination with sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, locust bean gum, sodium alginate, etc., which can thicken and emulsify, so that all the ingredients of ice cream are evenly dispersed, the structure is smooth and the taste is good. Delicate; keep the ice cream stable during the freezing process, inhibit the formation of coarse ice crystals, inhibit the melting of the product, improve the anti-sudden heat performance of the product, and prolong the shelf life. The addition amount is 0.2%~0.5%. A small amount of guar gum cannot significantly affect the viscosity of ice cream during manufacture, but it can give the product a slippery and waxy taste.
The application of guar gum in flour products
The application of guar gum in noodle products mainly refers to dried noodles, instant noodles, etc. It mainly plays the role of bonding, water retention, and gluten-increasing force, which can improve the quality of noodle products and prolong the shelf life of the product.In the production of dried noodles, guar gum can be said to be the most ideal binder. Adding 0.2 to 0.6% guar gum during the noodle making process can make the surface of the noodles smooth, not easy to break, and increase the elasticity of the noodles; during the drying process of the noodles In the middle, preventing sticking, reducing drying time, good taste, and the noodles made are resistant to cooking and continuous.In the production of instant noodles, adding 0.3% to 0.5% guar gum can make the dough pliable on the one hand, and it is not easy to break when cutting into noodles, and it is not easy to burr when forming; on the other hand, the colloid can change the surface of the noodles in contact with the oil The tension can quickly close the pores formed when the water evaporates in the noodles, so that it can prevent the infiltration of cooking oil during frying, saving cooking oil.
- The application of guar gum in meat products Guar gum is used in meat products such as ham, luncheon meat, various meatballs, etc., which can play a role in bonding, refreshing and increasing volume. The addition of guar gum to sausages and stuffed meat products can quickly bind free moisture in minced meat, improve casing filling, eliminate separation and movement of fat and free water during cooking, smoking and storage, and improve cooling The firmness of the product; guar gum can reduce the bumping of meat and other accessories during the cooking process, control the viscosity of the liquid phase, and make the contents of the product easy to pour after the product is opened.
- The application of guar gum in dairy products The application of guar gum in fruit milk, yogurt, etc. can play the role of stabilizer, and play the role of thickening, emulsifying and improving taste. Adding guar gum to soft cheeses can control the consistency and spreading properties of the product. Because guar gum has a strong ability to bind water, it allows soft cheese products to hold more moisture, making them even and creamy.
- The application of guar gum in bakery products Usually fresh bread and pastries will dry and hard after one or two days. Adding guar gum can make bread and pastries retain more pores, increase their volume, and retain moisture, so that they can remain in two to four days. Moisture and soft taste can significantly improve the quality of baked goods and prolong the shelf life.
- Application of guar gum in condiments Since guar gum produces high viscosity at low concentrations, its application in sauces and salad dressings, etc., can improve the organoleptic qualities such as texture and rheology of these products.
The production base is located in Zhangqiu chemical industry park and Tai’an high-tech chemical industry park. laboratory and workshop in strict accordance with the GMP standard and the product fit national ISO9001 and ISO2000 standards.
Zhishang products are exported to Europe, North and South America, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa area, so as to establish a long-term and stable cooperation relationship with customer in the world.
Business Type : Manufacturer
Product Range : Additive , Chemical Auxiliary & Catalyst , Organic Chemicals
Products/Service : Organic Intermediate,Inorganic Chemistry, APIs, Dyestuffs And Pigments, Fragrance And Spices, Food Additives
Total Employees : 51~100
Capital (Million US $) : 10000000RMB
Year Established : 2016
No. of Production Lines : 8
No. of QC Staff : 5 -10 People
OEM Services Provided : yes
Factory Size (Sq.meters) : 3,000-5,000 square meters
Certificate : ISO9001 , CE , GMP , API , MSDS
Factory Location : Diao Town Industry Park, Zhangqiu City, Jinan City, Shandong Province, China.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide best price and high quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensureits quality.
*The packing also can be according the customers` requirment.
*Any inquiries will be replied within 24 hours.
*we provide Commerical Invoice, Packing List, Bill of loading, COA , Health certificate and Origin certificate. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
*The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
*Product has any problem can return.
1. ≤50kg, Express delivery recommended, usually called as DDU service;
2. ≤500kg, Air shipping recommended, usually called as FOB, CFR, or CIF service;
3. >500kg, sea shipping recommended, usually called as FOB, CFR, or CIF service;
4. For high value products, please select air shipping and express delivery for safe.