|Product Name:||Ethylhexyl Palmitate|
|Other Names:||HEXADECANOIC ACID OCTYL ESTER;ETHYL HEXYL PALMITATE;2-ethylhexyl hexadecanoate;2-ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE;2-ethvlhexvlpalmitate;ceraphyl368;Hexadecanoicacid,2-ethylhexylester;wickenol155|
|Place of Origin:||Shandong, China|
|Brand Name:||Zhishang Chemical|
|Storage:||Cool Dry Place|
|Provide:||Ethylhexyl Palmitate msds；Ethylhexyl Palmitate COA|
- Ethylhexyl Palmitate is an ester of 2-ethylhexyl alcohol and palmitic acid. It is an alternate to silicone-based ingredients offering a ‘dry-slip’ feel. It helps adjust consistency in skin-care products.
Ethylhexyl palmitate is a mixture of a fatty alcohol and palmitic acid that functions in cosmetics products as an emollient (meaning it can soften and smooth skin), texture enhancer, and solvent in amounts from 2–50%, depending on the type of formula and desired aesthetics. It improves the look of skin, particularly dry skin, by helping reduce moisture loss from its upper layers. As a solvent, it helps solubilize other ingredients, helping active ingredients more readily penetrate skin. It helps sunscreen active ingredients such as avobenzone and ethylhexyl triazone disperse and remain evenly suspended in a formula.
- Ethylhexyl palmitate has a feel like some silicones and silicone derivatives, making it an alternative to those ingredients in certain formulations. There’s no research indicating this ingredient, which may be synthetic, plant-, or animal-derived, is a problem for skin. Paula’s Choice Skincare uses either the synthetic or plant-derived form of this ingredient depending on the product.
- Ethylhexyl palmitate is a colorless, odorless liquid derived from palm oil that’s used as a skin conditioning emollient and to give products their slip. It’s similar in texture and sometimes used as an alternative to silicone.
Ethylhexyl palmitate is an ester of 2-ethylhexyl alcohol and palmitic acid. 2-ethylhexyl alcohol can be found in natural plant fragrances and also synthetically produced. Palmitic acid is the most common saturated fatty acid found in animals, plants and microorganisms, and is a major component of palm oil.
- Ethylhexyl palmitate is a clear, colorless liquid at room temperature with a slightly fatty odor. It is insoluble in water but mildly dissolves in oils.
- The safety of the Palmitates has been assessed by the Cosmetic Ingredient Revies (CIR) Expert Panel. The CIR Expert Panel evaluated the scientific data and concluded that Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Palmitate and Isopropyl Palmitate were safe as cosmetic ingredients. In 2001, the CIR Expert Panel considered available new data on Ethylhexyl, Cetyl and Isopropyl Palmitate and reaffirmed the above conclusion.
- Ethylhexyl palmitate is an ingredient that is used to improve the texture, feel, and the scent of skincare and cosmetic products. It functions as an emollient, solvent, and fragrance fixative.
In cosmetics and skincare products, ethylhexyl palmitate functions as an emollient, solvent, and fragrance fixative.
As an emollient, ethylhexyl palmitate helps to keep the skin moist and supple by reducing water loss from the top layers of the skin. Emollients also act as lubricants by reducing friction when anything rubs against the skin. Ethylhexyl palmitate is considered to be a non-occlusive emollient, which means it does not form a film on the surface of the skin. It is often used as an organic replacement to silicones in a cosmetic formulation because it provides a dry-slip, silky feel that is very similar to how a silicone would feel.
- While all skin types can benefit from emollients like ethylhexyl palmitate, emollients are very beneficial for those who have dry, rough, and/or flaky skin. Emollients can treat these symptoms, leaving the skin looking and feeling soft and smooth. In addition, emollients may be suitable for those that suffer from conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, or other inflammatory skin conditions.
Ethylhexyl palmitate functions as a solvent by helping other ingredients dissolve. Solvents can also increase the efficacy of active ingredients in a formulation by enhancing their absorption through the skin.
Another function of ethylhexyl palmitate in cosmetics is as a pigment wetting agent. Wetting agents work by reducing the interfacial tension between two different types of ingredients in a cosmetic formulation. Wetting agents are useful in makeup as they improve the pigment or color distribution in the formulation. Think about even eyeshadow or foundation pigment.
Lastly, ethylhexyl palmitate functions as a fragrance fixative in cosmetics and skincare products. A fixative helps to equalize the volatile fragrance components making them last longer and remain more stable on the skin.
The production base is located in Zhangqiu chemical industry park and Tai’an high-tech chemical industry park. laboratory and workshop in strict accordance with the GMP standard and the product fit national ISO9001 and ISO2000 standards.
“Zhishang” products are exported to Europe, North and South America, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa area, so as to establish a long-term and stable cooperation relationship with customer in the world.
- Business Type: Manufacturer
- Product Range: Additive , Chemical Auxiliary & Catalyst , Organic Chemicals
- Products/Service: Organic Intermediate,Inorganic Chemistry, APIs, Dyestuffs And Pigments, Fragrance And Spices, Food Additives
- Total Employees: 51~100
- Capital (Million US $): 10000000RMB
- Year Established: 2016
- No. of Production Lines : 8
- No. of QC Staff : 5 -10 People
- OEM Services Provided : yes
- Factory Size (Sq.meters) : 3,000-5,000 square meters
- Certificate: ISO9001 , CE , GMP , API , MSDS
- Factory Location : Diao Town Industry Park, Zhangqiu City, Jinan City, Shandong Province, China.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide best price and high quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensureits quality.
*The packing also can be according the customers` requirment.
*Any inquiries will be replied within 24 hours.
*we provide Commerical Invoice, Packing List, Bill of loading, COA , Health certificate and Origin certificate. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
*The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
*Product has any problem can return.
Do you accept sample order?
We will make samples before mass production, and after sample approved, we’ll begin mass production. Doing 100% inspection during production, then do random inspection before packing.
HOW TO CONFIRM THE PRODUCT QUALITY BEFORE PLACING ORDERS?
You can get free samples for some products,you only need to pay the shipping cost or arrange a courier to us and take the samples. You can send us your product specifications and requests,we will manufacture the products according to your requests.
What’s your MOQ?
Our MOQ is 1kg. But usually we accept less quantity such as 100g on the condition that sample charge is 100% paid.
Do you supply product report?
Yes. We’ll give you product analysis report before shipping.
Is there a discount?
Different quantity has different discount.
1. ≤50kg, Express delivery recommended, usually called as DDU service;
2. ≤500kg, Air shipping recommended, usually called as FOB, CFR, or CIF service;
3. >500kg, sea shipping recommended, usually called as FOB, CFR, or CIF service;
4. For high value products, please select air shipping and express delivery for safe.