Phenol CAS 108-95-2 Hydroxybenzol
Factory Supply Phenol CAS 108-95-2 Hydroxybenzol with Best Price
- Appearance: Yellow liquid
- Purity: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Phenol Supplier & Manufacturer
Phenol: The Complete Guide
Phenol for Sale
|Food additives; Pharmaceutical raw materials; Organic raw materials; Pesticide raw materials
What is Phenol?
Phenol is an essential organic chemical raw material, generally utilized in the manufacture of phenolic resin, bisphenol A, pesticide fungicide salicylic acid, herbicide 2,4-D, explosive picric acid, etc. Additionally, this item is likewise a raw material for the manufacture of nylon, epoxy material, paint, paint, flavors, artificial detergents as well as plasticizers.
Phenol, short for phenol, frequently known as carbolic acid, is a weak acid with the homes of acid. The level of acidity of phenol is exceptionally weak, and the carbonic acid is likewise weak, so it can not discolor the acid-base indication.
The chemical residential properties of phenol are fairly energetic, as well as progressively develop into reddish crystals in the air or in case of unclean materials. Has a special odor, poisonous and extremely corrosive. In moist air, it can take in wetness airborne by itself as well as gradually dissolve. Slightly soluble in water, soluble in benzene and also alkaline solution, quickly soluble in natural solvents such as ethanol, ether, chloroform, glycerin, and so on. Phenol is weakly acidic, as well as reacts with antacids to create a salt, which transforms blue when it fulfills ferric chloride solution. Coal tar was once the major resource of phenol, which can be drawn out from it with sodium hydroxide option. With the advancement of sector, the supply of all-natural products has exceeded the need, and also by the 1930s, the result of synthetic phenol had actually exceeded that of all-natural items. In the industrial manufacturing, the sulfonation approach was first used, as well as the sodium salt of benzenesulfonic acid was thawed with salt hydroxide to create the sodium salt of phenol, which was after that treated with acid. This approach is difficult to operate, but the needs for equipment are not rigorous, and also the yield is high. In the last few years, chlorobenzene hydrolysis and also cumene oxidation have actually been primarily made use of in industry. The last by-product acetone is also an essential industrial resources, so this approach has better economic value, however has more stringent demands on equipment and also modern technology.
- Phenol can be made use of for sanitation of medical instruments and excreta, skin sterilization, antipruritic as well as treatment of otitis media.
- In commercial manufacturing, phenol is an important raw material for the manufacturing of specific materials, seasonings, paints, fungicides, preservatives and medications (such as pain killers).
- Thinned down services of phenol can be utilized straight as antiseptics and anti-bacterials, for instance, a percentage of phenol is included in daily medicated soaps.
- Colorimetric decision of nitrate as well as nitrite in sulfuric acid solution. Indirect decision of potassium. Used to bind excess free halogen. Resolution of oxides of alkaline earth steels. Determination of ammonia, hypochlorite, hydroxy acids. As a solvent for figuring out the molecular weight of refractory substances. Tiny discoloration, etc.
- Phenol is a vital organic chemical raw material, which can be used to prepare phenolic resin, caprolactam, bisphenol A, salicylic acid, picric acid, pentachlorophenol, 2,4-D, adipic acid, phenolphthalein N-acetoethoxy Aniline and also other chemical items as well as intermediates have vital uses in chemical raw materials, alkylphenols, artificial fibers, plastics, synthetic rubber, medications, pesticides, spices, dyes, paints and oil refining markets. On top of that, phenol can additionally be made use of as a solvent, experimental reagent as well as anti-bacterial. From 1997 to 2002, the need for phenol in major regions such as the USA, Western Europe, and also Japan kept an average yearly growth rate of 4.2%.
- Phenol is a disinfectant preservative. Phenol drugs are protoplasmic poisons, which can coagulate and precipitate proteins to exert antibacterial effects and have strong penetrating power to tissues. It has antibacterial effect at low concentration (0.0125%-0.02%), and it can kill bacteria and fungi at high concentration (1%-2%), but it is ineffective against bacterial spores and viruses. It can fully play its role under acidic conditions, but it is less effective under alkaline conditions or in the presence of organic matter. Low concentrations have irritating and local anesthetic effects on skin and mucous membranes, while high concentrations have corrosive effects. The antibacterial effect of its aqueous solution is the strongest, while the antibacterial effect and irritation of oil and glycerin solutions are weakened. It is often used clinically for the disinfection of instruments, utensils and houses, but it is corrosive to metal instruments. It is also used to relieve itching on the skin.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy phenol, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Phenol
The main use of phenol is to transform it into a plastic precursor, eating two-thirds of its manufacturing. Condensation with acetone yields bisphenol A, which is a crucial precursor for polycarbonate and also epoxy material. Phenol formaldehyde resin is gotten by condensation of phenol, Alkylphenol or diphenol with formaldehyde. The famous example is bakelite. The partial hydrogenation of phenol gives Cyclohexanone, which is the forerunner of nylon. Non ionic cleaning agents are produced by alkylation of phenol to obtain Alkylphenol, such as Nonylphenol, and afterwards ethoxylated.
Phenol is likewise a flexible forerunner for a multitude of drugs, most especially pain killers, as well as many herbicides and medications.
Phenol is a component of the liquid-liquid phenol chloroform extraction technology made use of in molecular biology to acquire nucleic acids from cells or cell society samples. DNA or RNA can be extracted based upon the pH value of the solution.
Phenol is extensively made use of as a chemical. Its use was first proposed by Joseph Lister.
From the very early 1900s to the 1970s, it was used to produce charcoal soap. Focused phenol fluid is utilized for irreversible Sex treatment of in-grown nails and also fingernails. This process is called chemical matrix resection. This program was first defined by Otto Ball in 1945. Ever since, phenol has ended up being the preferred chemical for chemical matrix resection by podiatrists.
Concentrated liquid phenol can be utilized in your area as a local anesthetic for otological surgeries, such as myringotomy and tube placement for myringotomy, to change basic anesthetic or other anesthetics. It also has hemostatic and also anti-corrosion residential or commercial properties, making it a suitable choice for this objective.
Phenol spray, typically containing 1.4% phenol as the energetic component, is made use of in medicine to deal with throat pain. It is the active ingredient of some oral Analgesic, such as Chloraseptic spray, TCP and Carmex.
Characteristics of phenol
- Phenol is partly oxidized when exposed to air for a long time and appears pink. It turns purple in case of ferric ions, and this method is usually used to test phenol.
- Phenol is combustible and can be extinguished with common fire extinguishing agents such as water, dry powder and carbon dioxide. Phenol is slightly soluble in water at room temperature, and can be miscible with water when the temperature is higher than 65°C.
- Phenol is corrosive and will denature local proteins after contact. If its solution touches the skin, it can be washed with alcohol.
Effects of phenol on the human body
- Phenol is a commonly used disinfectant and preservative in hospitals. It will be oxidized into pink benzoquinone in the air. Benzoquinone is volatile in the air, and the average decay period is five days. Therefore, phenol exposed to the natural environment will continue to degrade.
- Low concentration of phenol will not cause harm to the human body, and short-term existence in the air will not affect the human body. However, long-term inhalation of high-concentration phenol gas can cause headaches, dizziness, fatigue, blurred vision, pulmonary edema, etc., so try to avoid staying near high-concentration areas.
- “Phenol”. Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health Concentrations (IDLH). National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
- Plotkin, Jeffrey S. (2016-03-21). “What’s New in Phenol Production?”. American Chemical Society.
Phenol Supplier and Manufacturer
As a phenol supplier and manufacturer with a strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best phenol raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have a demand for phenol and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, and we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide the best price and high-quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensure its quality.
* The packing also can be according to the customers` requirement.
* Any inquiries will be replied to within 24 hours.
* We provide a Commerical Invoices, Packing Lists, Bills of loading, COA, Health certificates, and Origin certificates. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
* The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
* Product has any problem can return.