p-Phenylenediamine CAS 106-50-3 PPD
Factory Supply p-Phenylenediamine CAS 106-50-3 PPD with Best Price
- Appearance: White powder
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: p-Phenylenediamine Suppliers & Manufacturers
p-Phenylenediamine: The Complete Guide
p-Phenylenediamine for Sale
Basic Info of p-Phenylenediamine
ppd para phenylenediamine; phenylenediamine; PPD
Dyestuffs; Dye Intermediates; Organic Intermediates; Pharmaceutical Raw Materials
What is p-Phenylenediamine?
P-phenylenediamine (PPD) is an organic compound with the molecular formula C 6H 4 (NH 2) 2. This aniline derivative is a white strong, however the sample will darken because of air oxidation. It is mainly utilized as engineering polymer and also Kevlar composite materials. It is additionally an active ingredient in hair dyes as well as is periodically utilized as a substitute for henna.
P-phenylenediamine is among the simplest fragrant diamines. The pure product is white to purplish red crystal. It turns purple or dark brown when revealed to air. A little soluble in cold water, soluble in ethanol, ether, chloroform and also benzene. It can be utilized to produce azo dyes, high molecular polymers, hair dyes, rubber anti-oxidant and designer, generally utilized for Kevlar, azo dyes, sulfur dyes, acid dyes, and so on. It is made use of to create black hair D, black fur dB, brown fur N2 as well as rubber antioxidant DNP, DOP and megabytes. It can likewise be utilized as basic material for cosmetics and also hair p-phenylenediamine series, fuel polymerization prevention and also designer.
As a chemical color, p-phenylenediamine is presently approved for the manufacturing of hair dyes, but there are clear constraints on its use. According to China’s sanitary requirement for cosmetics, the content of p-phenylenediamine in hair dyes will not surpass 6%. According to specialists, although the content of p-phenylenediamine in the five “yixihei” hair shampoos is in between 1.1% and 1.4%. Nonetheless, the hair shampoo is made use of regularly, and long-term accumulation is very easy to position a threat to the health and wellness of consumers. Presently, there is no literary works on whether phenylenediamine is carcinogenic; However, some literary works have actually shown that p-phenylenediamine medicines are toxic natural compounds. Refer to page 980 of reagent manual (2nd Edition) published by Shanghai Science as well as Innovation Press (november1985). International research studies have shown that the occurrence price of breast cancer cells, skin cancer and leukemia rises among people that usually color their hair. Additionally, p-phenylenediamine is additionally a frequently made use of sensitive reagent for the detection of iron as well as copper. It is additionally utilized worldwide for airplane covering, inner membrane layer of bulletproof clothes and also wall finish.
- p-Phenylenediamine is a precursor of aramid plastics and also fibers such as Kevlar and Twaron. These applications use the bifunctional groups of PPD, that is, the presence of two amines makes the molecules string with each other. The polymer is created by the reaction of PPD with p-benzoyl chloride. PPD reacts with phosgene to create diisocyanate, which is a forerunner of polyurethane polymer.
- p-Phenylenediamine is quickly oxidized. For that reason, PPD derivatives are used as anti ozone agents in the manufacturing of rubber items (such as IPPD).
- The alternate kind of p-phenylenediamine offered under the name of CD-4 is likewise utilized as a programmer in the development procedure of C-41 color photo film, which reacts with silver fragments in the film and also produces shade dyes to develop images.
- p-Phenylenediamine was utilized as a henna replacement for temporary tattoos. Its use can trigger serious get in touch with dermatitis.
- p-Phenylenediamine is a typical hair dye. Its usage is being replaced by various other aniline analogues and also by-products such as 2,5-diamino (hydroxyethyl benzene and 2,5-diaminotoluene). Other preferred derivatives include tetraaminopyrimidine and also indole aniline and also indole phenol. The by-products of diaminopyrazole are red and purple at the same time. In these applications, almost colorless dye forerunners are oxidized to dyes.
- Lichenists make use of p-phenylenediamine in PD tests to help recognize lichens. PPD is widely utilized as a cross-linking representative to form COF (covalent natural framework) as well as has numerous applications in the adsorption of dyes and aromatic substances.
- p-Phenylenediamine is primarily utilized for fur dyeing, as well as can additionally be co-dyed with various other dyes, commonly utilized as mordant p-Phenylenediamine assays ammonia, copper, gold, hydrogen sulfide, iron, magnesium, oxidants, ozone, sulfur dioxide and also vanadium, as well as determines chromium.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy p-phenylenediamine, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Production Method of p-Phenylenediamine
p-Phenylenediamine can be obtained by iron reduction of p-nitroaniline in acid medium
Put the iron in hydrochloric acid and heat it to 90 ° C. Add p-nitroaniline while stirring. After the addition, react at 95-100 ℃ for 0.5h, and then drop concentrated hydrochloric acid to complete the reduction reaction. After cooling, neutralize with saturated sodium carbonate solution to ph7-8, and heat filter after boiling; Wash the filter cake with host water. Combine filtrate and washing solution and concentrate under reduced pressure; After cooling crystallization or vacuum distillation, p-phenylenediamine was obtained in 95% yield.
4-Nitrochlorobenzene was treated with ammonia and the resulting 4-nitroaniline was hydrogenated
ClC 6 H 4 NO 2 + 2 NH 3 → H 2 NC 6 H 4 NO 2 + NH 4 Cl
H 2 NC 6 H 4 NO 2 + 3 H 2 → H 2 NC 6 H 4 NH 2 + 2 H 2 O
In the DuPont route, aniline is converted to diphenyltriazine and then to 4-aminoazobenzene by acid catalysis. The latter was hydrogenated to obtain PPD.
p-Phenylenediamine Suppliers and Manufacturers
As a p-phenylenediamine supplier and manufacturer with a strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best p-phenylenediamine raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have a demand for p-phenylenediamine and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, and we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.