Olivetol CAS 500-66-3
Factory Supply Olivetol CAS 500-66-3 with Best Price
- Appearance: White powder
- Purity : 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Olivetol Supplier& Manufacturer
Olivetol: The Complete Guide
Olivetol for Sale
Basic Info of Olivetol
3,5-DihydroxyaMylbenzene; 5-Pentyl-1,3-benzenediol; 5-Pentylresorcinol; Olivetol powder; 5-Pentyl resorcinol
Pharmaceutical raw materials; Pharmaceutical, dyestuff, pesticide intermediates
What is Olivetol?
Olivetol, also known as 5-pentyl resorcinol or 5-pentyl-1,3-benzodiol, is an organic compound present in some lichen species and can be easily extracted. 3,5-Dihydroxypentylbenzene is an important pharmaceutical intermediate , which was first obtained by degrading lichenic acid (also known as D-sunroic acid, pentyl icylic acid) extracted from lichen plants. It is also a precursor for the synthesis of tetrahydrocannabinol.
3,5-Dihydroxyalkylbenzene has a variety of biological activities, and has killing effect on fungi and bacteria of various pathogens. In recent years, it has been found that in the presence of copper chloride and oxygen, high concentrations of 3,5-dihydroxyalkylbenzene can fragment DNA. Therefore, it is used for inhibiting and treating human immunodeficiency, cancer and other malignant tumors caused by retrovirus, and the effect is remarkable. 3,5-dihydroxyalkylbenzene can also be used to synthesize cannabinoids. Cannabinoids are a general term for a class of substances with similar chemical structures related to the physiological activity of the human body in cannabis. Analgesic, calming, anti-inflammatory, digestive and antihypertensive. The generation in this class of compounds is 3,5-dihydroxypentylbenzene (Olivetol),
- Olivetol is an important pharmaceutical intermediate. It was first obtained by degrading lichenic acid (also known as D-sunroic acid, pentyl-caprylic acid) extracted from lichen plants. It is mainly used for laboratory research and development and chemical production. in the process.
- Olivetol is a precursor for THC-related synthesis.
- Olivetol is also produced by many insects as a pheromone, insect repellent or preservative.
- Olivetol is used in various ways to produce synthetic analogues of THC. The related substance olive acid (OLA) is produced in cannabis plants, which may be involved in the biosynthesis of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
- Olivetol is used as a template molecule in the synthesis of molecularly imprinted polymers (MIPs). It is also used as an inhibitor of (s) – mephenytoin 4 ‘- hydroxylase activity of recombinant CYP2C19.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy olivetol, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Olivetol
CN201611230150.7 discloses a method for synthesizing cannabidiol compounds. The steps are that 3,5-dihydroxypentylbenzene is used as a starting material, phenolic hydroxybenzyl is protected, 2-pyridinesulfonyl is protected, and palladium acetate is used as a catalyst , Oxygen as oxidant, direct coupling of two aryl carbon-hydrogen bonds to synthesize 6H-benzo[c]chromene compounds in one step, and then through oxidation, deprotection, methylation, and high yield synthesis of cannabidiol.
The method of the invention realizes the efficient and concise synthesis of cannabidiol through the activation of -C-H-bond and direct oxidative aryl coupling as a key step in synthesizing cannabidiol. Compared with the traditional method, the method has the advantages of simple operation, higher reaction yield, environmental friendliness and high atom utilization rate.
Preparation of Olivetol
Add 156g benzene, 900mL dichloromethane and 146.5g anhydrous aluminum trichloride into a 2L three-necked flask, cool down to 0-5°C, slowly add 120.5g n-valeryl chloride dropwise, keep the internal temperature 0-10 °C. After the dropwise addition, the temperature was raised to 40 °C, and the reaction was stirred for 2 h.
Under ice bath cooling, 500 mL of 1N hydrochloric acid solution was slowly added dropwise, and the solution was separated after the dropwise addition was completed. The aqueous phase was extracted with an additional 400 mL of DCM. After combining the organic phases, concentrate under reduced pressure and distill to obtain 142 g of valerophenone with a yield of 87%.
In a 1L three-necked flask, 200mL of fuming nitric acid and 200mL of 5% sulfuric acid were mixed within 20°C to form a mixed acid, then cooled to within 10°C, and 129.6g of valerophenone was slowly added dropwise. The dropwise addition process controlled the internal temperature to 0-10°C. After the dropwise addition was completed, the temperature was raised to 50° C. for 2 hours, and the reaction was continued for 5 hours.
After cooling to 20°C, the reaction solution was poured into crushed ice, a solid was precipitated, filtered, the filter cake was dissolved in DCM, and the liquid was separated, and the organic phase was concentrated again to obtain a crude product. The crude product was mixed with PE and EA to dissolve the crystals and dried to obtain 156.5 g of 3,5-dinitrovalerophenone, with a yield of 78% and a purity of 98.3%.
- Olivetol – WikiPedia
- The Pherobase (Database of pheromones and semiochemicals). 5-Pentylresorcinol. Retrieved 18 January 2014
- [Chinese invention] CN201210511883.3 A kind of synthetic method of alkyl-protected 3,5-dihydroxyalkylbenzene
- [China Invention, China Invention Authorization] CN201611230150.7 A synthetic method of cannabidiol compounds
- Hassuni, I; Razxouk, H (2005). “Olivetol: Constituent of lichen Evernia prunastri Ach. or “oakmoss””. Physical and Chemical News. 26: 98–103.
Olivetol Supplier and Manufacturer
As a olivetol supplier and manufacturer with strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best olivetol raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have demand for folivetol and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide best price and high quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensureits quality.
*The packing also can be according the customers` requirment.
*Any inquiries will be replied within 24 hours.
*we provide Commerical Invoice, Packing List, Bill of loading, COA , Health certificate and Origin certificate. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
*The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
*Product has any problem can return.