Molybdenum Trioxide CAS 1313-27-5
Factory Supply Molybdenum Trioxide CAS 1313-27-5 with Best Price
- Appearance: White powder
- Purity: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Molybdenum Trioxide Supplier & Manufacturer
Molybdenum Trioxide: The Complete Guide
Molybdenum Trioxide for Sale
Basic Info of Molybdenum Trioxide
Inorganic salts; Synthetic material intermediates; Organic raw materials
What is Molybdenum Trioxide?
Molybdenum trioxide (MoO3), also known as molybdenum anhydride, has a molecular weight of 143.94. White transparent orthorhombic crystal with light green microstrips, turns yellow when heated, and returns to its original color after cooling. The density is 4.692g/cm3, the melting point is 795℃, the boiling point is 1155℃, and it is easy to sublime. Insoluble in water, soluble in ammonia water and strong alkali solution to generate molybdate. It is soluble in strong acid and forms a complex cation with molybdenum dioxygen (MoO22+) and molybdenum oxide (MoO4+), and can form a soluble complex with acid radical. The oxidizing property is very weak and can be reduced by hydrogen, carbon and aluminum at high temperature. Reacts with phosphoric acid to generate phosphomolybdic acid.
It is very stable in the air. Dry hydrogen chloride is introduced into it, and it is heated and sublimated into pale yellow needle-like crystals. Reacts violently with halogen compounds such as bromine pentafluoride and chlorine trifluoride. It is decomposed by high heat and emits toxic fumes. Molybdenum trioxide can be used as analytical reagent, raw material for preparing metal molybdenum, molybdenum alloy and molybdenum salt; used as catalyst in petroleum industry; used in enamel, glaze, pigment and medicine, etc. It is prepared by burning molybdenum or molybdenum disulfide in air or roasting molybdic acid.
Molybdenum Trioxide Uses
- Molybdenum trioxide is used for colorimetric determination of blood glucose, protein, phenol, arsenic, lead, bismuth, etc., and alkaloid testing. Used as reducing agent for phosphorus pentoxide, arsenic trioxide, hydrogen peroxide, phenol and alcohol. It is also used in the preparation of molybdenum salts and molybdenum alloys.
- Molybdenum trioxide is used as the raw material for the preparation of metal molybdenum and molybdenum compounds. Used as a catalyst in the petroleum industry. It can also be used in enamel, glaze, paint, medicine, etc.
- Molybdenum trioxide is an additive flame retardant, which has the dual functions of flame retardant and smoke suppression. It can reduce costs, improve flame retardancy and reduce the amount of smoke when compounded with other flame retardants. Molybdenum trioxide also has the dual effects of flame retardant and smoke suppression, and it shows a certain synergistic effect with aluminum hydroxide trihydrate and antimony oxide.
- Spectral analysis reagents. Detection of blood sugar, protein, alkaloids, arsenic, phenol. Reducing agent for phosphorus pentoxide, arsenic trioxide and hydrogen peroxide.
- Molybdenum trioxide is used for electroplating or metal oxide addition in the preparation of molybdate.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy molybdenum trioxide, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Molybdenum Trioxide
Molybdenum dioxide sputtered film. First, molybdenum dioxide powder containing MoO290%~99.5% is isostatically pressed into a pole plate at 7~28MPa, and then sintered in a vacuum furnace at 1250 ℃ for 6h to form a molybdenum dioxide target blank, and then magnetron sputtering or Pulsed laser sputtering or ion beam sputtering sputters molybdenum dioxide onto substrates, which can be plastic materials, broken glass substrates, ceramic substrates and hybrid materials. The plastic substrate is polynorbornene, and the ceramic substrate is sapphire (Al2O3). Molybdenum dioxide is deposited on the substrate to form a thin film of molybdenum dioxide with a thickness of 0.5 to 10 μm, and then the work function of molybdenum dioxide is measured. Generally, the work function of light-emitting diode materials such as indium-tin oxide (ITO) is required. A typical value is 4.7eV.
The work function of the molybdenum dioxide sputtered film is determined to be 4.7-6 eV, which is higher than that of the indium-tin oxide film. In addition, the surface roughness of molybdenum dioxide film is lower than that of indium-tin oxide, and its roughness is less than 5nm. At wavelengths of 350-800 nm, the transmittance of the molybdenum dioxide film is greater than 85%. The resistivity is less than 300μΨcm. The research results show that molybdenum dioxide film has excellent electrical properties, optical properties and physical surface smoothness, and can be widely used in light emitting diodes (OLEDs), liquid crystal display devices (LCDs), plasma display panels (PDPs), field radiation Display panels (FED), thin film solar cells, low resistance ohmic contact materials and other electronic and semiconductor materials. It should be said that the research on molybdenum dioxide film is currently in its infancy, and the research will become more extensive and in-depth.
Preparation of Molybdenum Trioxide
MoO 3 is produced industrially by roasting molybdenum disulfide (the main ore of molybdenum):
2 MoS 2 + 7 O 2 → 2 MoO 3 + 4 SO 2
Laboratory synthesis of dihydrate requires acidification of sodium molybdate aqueous solution with perchloric acid:
Na 2 MoO 4 + H 2 O + 2 HClO 4 → MoO 3 (H 2 O) 2 + 2 NaClO 4
Dihydrate is easy to lose water to get monohydrate. Both are bright yellow.
Molybdenum trioxide is slightly soluble in water to form “molybdic acid”. In alkali, it dissolves to obtain molybdate anion.
Molybdenum Trioxide Supplier and Manufacturer
As a molybdenum trioxide supplier and manufacturer with a strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best molybdenum trioxide raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have a demand for molybdenum trioxide and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, and we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide the best price and high-quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensure its quality.
* The packing also can be according to the customers` requirement.
* Any inquiries will be replied to within 24 hours.
* We provide a Commerical Invoices, Packing Lists, Bills of loading, COA, Health certificates, and Origin certificates. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
* The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
* Product has any problem can return.