Methyl (R)-(+)-lactate CAS 17392-83-5
Factory Supply Methyl (R)-(+)-lactate CAS 17392-83-5 with Best Price
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
Methyl (R)-(+)-lactate: The Complete Guide
Index of Methyl (R)-(+)-lactate Contents
Request A Free Quote
Basic Info of Methyl (R)-(+)-lactate
D-(+)-Methyl lactate; R-Methyl lactate; D-(+)-Methyl lactate (methyl 2-hydroxypropionate); (R)-(+)-Methyl 2-hydroxypropionate ;(R)-(+)-Methyl lactate;Methyl propionate;Methyl (2R)-2-hydroxypropyl;Methyl D-2-hydroxypropionate
What is Methyl (R)-(+)-lactate?
Methyl (R)-(+)-lactate is methyl lactate with R configuration. It is derived from (R) – lactic acid. It is an enantiomer of (s) – methyl lactate.
Methyl (R)-(+)-lactate, also known as methyl lactate, is an organic compound with the molecular formula CH3CH(OH)CO2CH3. It is the methyl ester of lactic acid. Colorless liquid is the simplest chiral ester. As a natural derivative, it is easily obtained in the form of a single enantiomer.
The compound has mild properties, biodegradability and water solubility. It can be used as a multifunctional reagent for preparing cellulose acetate (CA) membrane. It can also be used as an intermediate in the production of a variety of compounds, polymers and derivatives. This product has been enhanced to “safer solvents and additives” methyl (r)-(+)-lactate.
Methyl (R)-(+)-lactate Uses
- Methyl (R) – (+) – lactate is the solvent of cellulose nitrate, cellulose acetate, cellulose acetylbutyrate and cellulose levulinate.
- Methyl (R) – (+) – lactate is used in the manufacture of varnishes and coatings. It has high tolerance to diluents, good defect resistance and whitening resistance.
- The synthesis of 1,2-propanediol from methyl lactate using macho catalyst has been commercialized.
- On the skin, methyl (R) – (+) – lactate will leave a refreshing and cool feeling. This ingredient has a pleasant and soothing mint flavor. Add it to your morning routine to wake up immediately. Like menthol, menthol lactate gently relieves itching and irritation.
Methyl (R) – (+) – lactate can be used as raw material for asymmetric preparation:
- Neomethylmycin, a macrolide containing 12 membered macrolide, is used as a potent biological agent.
- PM toxin A.
It can also be used as a chiral pool together with D – (-) – tartaric acid for the separation of monomers A and B through Trost rychnovsky alkyne rearrangement, Horner Wadsworth Emmons Olefination and stereoselective total synthesis of Corey Bakshi Shibata.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Phone: +86 176-5311 3209
WhatsApp: +86 176-5311 3209