Lithium Tetrafluoroborate CAS 14283-07-9
Factory Supply Lithium Tetrafluoroborate CAS 14283-07-9 with Best Price
- Appearance: White powder
- Purity: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Lithium Tetrafluoroborate Supplier & Manufacturer
Lithium Tetrafluoroborate: The Complete Guide
Lithium Tetrafluoroborate for Sale
Basic Info of Lithium Tetrafluoroborate
Inorganic salts; Chemical additives
What is Lithium Tetrafluoroborate?
Electrolyte solution is an important part of lithium ion battery, which plays the role of transporting ion conduction current between the positive and negative electrodes, and is an indispensable part to complete the electrochemical reaction. The selection of suitable electrolytes is also the key to obtain lithium-ion batteries with high energy density and power density, long cycle life and good safety performance. The performance of the electrolyte directly affects the optimization and improvement of the performance of lithium-ion batteries. At present, the electrolyte of commercial lithium-ion batteries is mainly lithium hexafluorophosphate (LiBF6). Because lithium hexafluorophosphate has the advantages of good electrical conductivity, stable solid electrolyte membrane formation, low internal resistance and fast charging and discharging speed, it is currently the preferred electrolyte for lithium-ion battery electrolytes. However, this electrolyte has problems such as being too sensitive to moisture, unstable to heat, and easy to release PF5 after being heated; the SEI film generated at low temperature has too large resistance and is easy to decompose when the temperature of the electrolyte rises above 80 °C, which in turn causes the solvent break down.
Lithium tetrafluoroborate, molecular formula LiBF4, molecular weight 93.74, mainly used as electrolyte lithium salt for lithium ion battery electrolyte. With the rapid development of mobile communication and portable electrical appliances in modern society, lithium-ion secondary batteries are widely used in people’s daily life due to their high energy density, high operating voltage, small memory effect, low self-discharge rate, lightness and convenience. application. At present, the classic electrolyte system used in lithium-ion secondary batteries is that the electrolyte salt is dissolved in an organic aprotic solvent. As one of the basic raw materials of lithium-ion batteries, the electrolyte directly affects the working performance of lithium-ion batteries.
In comparison, lithium tetrafluoroborate (LiBF4) has good chemical and thermal stability, is sensitive to environmental water distribution, and is expected to develop into an excellent electrolyte system widely used in energy storage and power lithium-ion batteries. At present, the preparation methods of lithium tetrafluoroborate include aqueous method, gas-solid reaction method and non-aqueous solution method. The aqueous solution method uses hydrofluoric acid, boric acid and lithium carbonate as raw materials, the process conditions are mild, no explosive chemicals are involved, and the synthesis is simple and safe; however, the product obtained after the aqueous solution method reacts with lithium tetrafluoroborate monohydrate. The crystal water itself becomes molten state, which makes it difficult to dehydrate, and the content of insoluble matter is high.
Lithium Tetrafluoroborate Uses
- Mild Lewis acid for Diels Alder reaction; Ethylene oxide ammonolysis catalyst.
- Lithium tetrafluoroborate is a mild Lewis acid used in Diels Alder reaction. Catalyst for mild and efficient ammonolysis of ethylene oxide. It is a reagent for preparing rechargeable lithium ion battery.
- Lithium tetrafluoroborate (LiBF 4) can be used as an electrolyte material in lithium ion batteries (LIB). However, the presence of trace water in LiBF 4 will lead to its hydrolysis, which will lead to the generation of HF and the destruction of the battery electrode. Our LiBF 4 contains<100 ppm water and is well suited for LIB applications.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy lithium tetrafluoroborate, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Lithium Tetrafluoroborate
At present, LiBF4 is mainly used as an additive for LiBF6-based electrolyte systems to improve cycle life and performance of lithium-ion batteries; as a film-forming additive, LiBF4 has been widely used in current electrolytes, and the addition of LiBF4 can broaden the operating temperature of lithium-ion batteries range and improve the high and low temperature discharge performance of the battery.
If there is research to provide an electrolyte for a lithium ion battery capable of ultra-low temperature discharge, stable performance and excellent cycle index, and a lithium ion battery, the technical solution is: the electrolyte of the lithium ion battery capable of ultra-low temperature discharge is characterized in that the The electrolyte is formed by mixing lithium hexafluorophosphate, lithium tetrafluoroborate and a solvent, and the solvent includes ethylene carbonate, dimethyl carbonate, ethyl methyl carbonate, dimethoxyethane, and the weight ratio of lithium hexafluorophosphate and lithium tetrafluoroborate is 1 : Between 5 and 10:1, the concentration of the composite salt formed after mixing lithium hexafluorophosphate and lithium tetrafluoroborate is 0.7 to 1.2 mol/L, and the ratio between ethylene carbonate, dimethyl carbonate and ethyl methyl carbonate is proportional. Dimethoxyethane accounts for 0.5% to 10% of the total weight of the mixture of lithium hexafluorophosphate, lithium tetrafluoroborate, ethylene carbonate, dimethyl carbonate and ethyl methyl carbonate. According to the present invention, the ratio between ethylene carbonate, dimethyl carbonate, ethyl methyl carbonate and dimethoxyethane is 5:5:5:1, and the ratio between lithium hexafluorophosphate and lithium tetrafluoroborate is 1: 4. The concentration of the composite salt formed by mixing lithium hexafluorophosphate and lithium tetrafluoroborate is 1.0 mol/liter.
Preparation of Lithium Tetrafluoroborate
A preparation method of lithium tetrafluoroborate, making up the following steps:
1) According to the proportion of the mole proportion of H3BO3 to HF of 1:4 ～ 6, including boric acid to hydrofluoric acid to react to get a fluoroboric acid remedy;
2) According to the ratio of Li to B molar proportion of 1.05 to 1.5:1, take the lithium substance and add it to the fluoroboric acid service gotten symphonious 1) to respond to obtain a lithium tetrafluoroborate option;
3) Focus the lithium tetrafluoroborate solution obtained in step 2), take shape by air conditioning, as well as filter to acquire lithium tetrafluoroborate crystals;
4) drying the lithium tetrafluoroborate crystals acquired symphonious 3) to obtain an unrefined lithium tetrafluoroborate;
5) The crude lithium tetrafluoroborate acquired symphonious 4) is positioned in an activator, and fluorine gas or a fluorine-nitrogen blended gas is presented to react to obtain the lithium tetrafluoroborate.
Lithium Tetrafluoroborate Supplier and Manufacturer
As a lithium tetrafluoroborate supplier and manufacturer with strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best lithium tetrafluoroborate raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have demand for lithium tetrafluoroborate and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide the best price and high-quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensure its quality.
* The packing also can be according to the customers` requirement.
* Any inquiries will be replied to within 24 hours.
* We provide a Commerical Invoices, Packing Lists, Bills of loading, COA, Health certificates, and Origin certificates. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
* The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
* Product has any problem can return.