Glyoxylic Acid CAS 298-12-4
Factory Supply Glyoxylic Acid CAS 298-12-4 with Best Price
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- Purity: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Glyoxylic Acid Supplier & Manufacturer
Glyoxylic Acid: The Complete Guide
Glyoxylic Acid for Sale
Basic Info of Glyoxylic Acid
Glyoxylic; Oxoethanoic acid; Phenyl glyoxylic acid
Food additives; Flavor and fragrance; Medicine, Pesticide, Dye intermediate
What is Glyoxylic Acid?
Glyoxylic acid is an organic acid substance that can be obtained as hemihydrate crystals from water and has an unpleasant odor. It is a strong corrosive acid and can corrode most metal products except some stainless steel alloys. Short-term exposure to air quickly deliquescence into syrup.
Glyoxylic acid consists of an aldehyde group (-CHO) and a carboxyl group (-COOH), and its aqueous solution is pale yellow. Soluble in water, slightly soluble in ethanol, ether, benzene and other organic solvents. It is the simplest keto acid (aldehyde acid), which has both acid and aldehyde properties, and is used as an intermediate for perfumes, medicines, dyes, plastics, etc.
Glyoxylic acid is a basic organic chemical raw material, an important intermediate for the synthesis of spices, medicines, pesticides and other chemicals, and is also widely used in the preparation of high polymers. At present, the main methods of industrial production of glyoxylic acid include nitric acid oxidation of glyoxal, oxalic acid electrolytic reduction and ozone oxidation of maleic anhydride.
Glyoxylic Acid Uses
- Glyoxylic acid is the most basic keto acid (aldehyde acid) with both acid as well as aldehyde residential or commercial properties, and is made use of as a raw material for varnishes, as an intermediate for perfumes, drugs, dyes, plastics and house chemicals.
- Glyoxylic acid used as perfume and also fixative in cosmetics, in pharmaceuticals.
- Can be made use of to generate dental penicillin vanillin, ethyl vanillin and also allantoin. Allantoin is an anti-ulcer medicine, as well as is additionally an intermediate of some pharmaceutical items and everyday chemicals. It can be additional processed right into a trace amount of high-efficiency fluid plant food.
- Glyoxylic acid is an important fine chemical raw material, used in medication (generally used in broad-spectrum antibiotic amoxicillin, antihypertensive medicine atenolol, cosmetic additive allantoin, high value-added aromatic aldehyde, p-hydroxybenzoic acid, and so on ), water top quality stabilizers, flavors (ethyl vanillin), chemical intermediates, etc are extensively utilized.
- Glyoxylic acid is the intermediate of glyoxylic acid cycle. It enables organisms such as bacteria, fungis as well as plants to convert fats into carbs.
- Glyoxylic acid cycle is also crucial for generating plant defense mechanism against fungi. The glyoxylic acid cycle is launched by the task of isocitrate lyase, which transforms isocitrate into glyoxylic acid and succinic acid. Study is under way to choose pathways for numerous uses, such as succinic acid biosynthesis.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy glyoxylic acid, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Glyoxylic Acid
Glyoxylic acid is the simplest aldehyde acid with aldehyde and carboxylic acid functional groups, and its derivatives have reached dozens of varieties. As an important fine chemical raw material, glyoxylic acid has been widely used in spices, medical paper, leather, plastics, coatings, coloring, pesticides, food additives, organic, biochemical and other fields. Typical are: vanillin, ethyl vanillin, jasmonaldehyde, allantoin, hydroxyphenylglycine, acetophenone and other chemical products.
A major use of glyoxylic acid is in the preparation of allantoin. Under certain temperature and catalyst, allantoin is formed by one-step condensation of glyoxylic acid and urea. The downstream products of allantoin include alcloxa, aldioxa, diazonium alkyl urea, polygalactonic acid and salicylic acid, ascorbic acid, glycine and other compounds of allantoin .
Allantoin series products are widely used in medicine, daily use, agriculture and other industries, and the prospects are very promising. In medicine, it is a drug with various functions, which can be used directly or as an additive; in the field of light chemical industry, it can be used as an additive in cosmetics; in agriculture, it can be used as a regulator of plant growth.
At present, allantoin in China is mainly used in medicine and daily chemical industry, and the annual demand is about 200t. Due to the high price of allantoin, its use in agriculture has not been fully opened. With the large-scale production of glyoxylic acid in my country, the consumption of allantoin will increase significantly. In 2003, the production cost of allantoin was 30,000 yuan, the market price was 50,000 yuan, and the economic benefit was very high.
Preparation of Glyoxylic Acid
- Oxalic acid electrolysis
The oxalic acid aqueous solution is electrolytically reduced to generate a dilute glyoxylic acid solution, which is then gradually concentrated by evaporation, concentration, freezing and filtration, and finally qualified products are packaged.
- Glyoxal oxidation method
Glyoxal is oxidized by air or oxygen under the action of a catalyst to generate glyoxylic acid, which is then refined and purified to obtain the finished product. Glyoxylic acid can be obtained by oxidation of glyoxal with insufficient oxygen, and the reaction is as follows:
In addition, dichloroacetic acid is condensed with sodium methoxide to obtain sodium dimethoxyacetate, which is then hydrolyzed with hydrochloric acid to generate glyoxylic acid.
- Catalytic Oxygen Oxidation of Glyoxal to Glyoxylic Acid
The reaction mechanism was discussed. When the catalyst dosage was 0.13-0.15 mol (per 1 mol of glyoxal), the mass fraction of raw glyoxal was 25%, and the acid medium used Lewis acid 0.11-0.13 mol (per 1 mol of glyoxal) , when the reaction temperature is 40-50 °C and the oxygen pressure is 0.5 MPa, the glyoxal conversion rate reaches 98.7%, the oxidation selectivity is 79%, and the yield is 78%. Compared with the nitric acid oxidation method, this method is safer, economical and has It has the characteristics of low environmental pollution and has the prospect of industrial application.
Glyoxylic Acid Supplier and Manufacturer
As a glyoxylic acid supplier and manufacturer with a strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best glyoxylic acid raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have a demand for glyoxylic acid and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, and we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide the best price and high-quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensure its quality.
* The packing also can be according to the customers` requirement.
* Any inquiries will be replied to within 24 hours.
* We provide a Commerical Invoices, Packing Lists, Bills of loading, COA, Health certificates, and Origin certificates. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
* The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
* Product has any problem can return.