Furfural CAS 98-01-1 2-Furaldehyde
Factory Supply Furfural CAS 98-01-1 2-Furaldehyde with Best Price
- Appearance: Yellow liquid
- Purity: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Furfural Supplier & Manufacturer
Furfural: The Complete Guide
Furfural for Sale
|Other Name:||2-Furaldehyde; 2-Formylofuran; 2-Furancarbonal; 2-Furancarboxaldehyde|
|Type:||Food additives; Pharmaceutical raw materials; Pharmaceutical intermediates; Flavors and fragrances|
What is Furfural?
Furfural (2-Furaldehyde) is an industrial chemical that can be extracted from various agricultural by-products, including corn cobs, oat and wheat bran and sawdust. The word furfural is derived from the Latin word furfur, which means wheat bran, since this is where furfural is obtained.
Furfural is an aromatic aldehyde. Pure furfural is an almond-flavored, colorless, oily liquid that quickly turns yellow when exposed to air.
Furfural is a chemical product, which is hydrolyzed into pentose (monosaccharide) by the high-poly bran (cellulose, hemicellulose) in the plant fiber raw material under a certain temperature and the action of a catalyst, and the pentose is dehydrated to form furfural. Furfural is an important chemical raw material. There are more than 1,600 kinds of chemical products synthesized directly and indirectly from furfural. It is widely used in synthetic plastics, medicine, pesticides and other industries. It is also an excellent organic solvent for refining high-grade lubricating oil and diesel. There are many raw materials for furfural production, such as broad-leaved wood, camellia husk, cottonseed husk, dry bagasse, corncob, rice husk, etc. Ton of furfural consumes 11-13t of corncob, and 22t of rice husk.
- 2-Furaldehyde is used as a solvent in petrochemical refining to extract dienes from other hydrocarbons for the manufacture of synthetic rubber.
- Furfural is also a raw material for the production of furan and tetrahydrofuran solvents. HMF has been used in a wide variety of heat-processed foods.
- GB 2760-96 stipulates that it is allowed to use food spices; extraction solvents. It is mainly used to prepare various heat-processed flavors, such as bread, butterscotch, coffee and other flavors.
- Furfural, and its derivative furfuryl alcohol, can react with phenol, acetone, and urea to produce resins. This resin is used to make fiberglass, some aircraft parts and automobile brakes.
- 2-Furaldehyde is an important organic chemical raw material, which can be used to prepare maleic anhydride, oxalic acid, furfuryl alcohol, tetrahydrofuran, and can also be used to synthesize furfural resin, furan resin, rubber vulcanization accelerator, rubber and plastic antioxidant, preservative wait.
- Determination of cobalt, determination of sulfate. Reagents for the determination of aromatic amines, acetone, alkaloids, vegetable oils and cholesterol. Determination of pentose and polypentose as a standard. Synthetic resin, refined organic matter, nitrocellulose solvent, dichloroethane extractant.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy furfural, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Furfural
Furfural is the raw product for the preparation of several drugs and also industrial products. Furan can likewise be made right into succinic dialdehyde by electrolytic reduction, which is the raw product for the manufacturing of atropine.
Some by-products of furfural have strong bactericidal ability as well as wide anti-bacterial range. As an example, furfural is compressed with 5-nitrofurfural and also semicarbazide hydrochloride to obtain furacilin, which is an anti-bacterial and also antibacterial. Furfural is the raw material of furan acrylic acid, furylamine fumaric acid, adipic acid, furfuryl alcohol as well as various other intermediates. It is extensively utilized in the synthesis of pharmaceuticals, chemicals, vet medicines, dyes, flavors, rubber accessories, chemicals as well as various other fine chemicals.
Furfural is taken in most as solvent as well as raw material for synthetic material. In terms of resin synthesis, it can create furan material, furfural material and furfural ketone material. Furan material is also called furfuryl alcohol resin. Furfural is hydrogenated under high pressure to produce furfuryl alcohol, which is polymerized to get furfuryl alcohol resin. This resin has solid alkali resistance, high warm resistance as well as water resistance, as well as can be made use of as caulking resin concrete, anti-corrosion lining and also adhesive. As a solvent, furfural can precisely draw out unsaturated components from oil and grease. The aromatic parts in lubricating oil and diesel oil were drawn out with furfural. Enhance the top quality of these products. In the manufacturing of synthetic rubber, butadiene and also isoprene are detoxified by furfural removal. Furfural can stimulate skin and also mucous membrane, and the optimum allowable focus airborne is 5ppm.
History of Furfural
Johann Wolfgang D ö bereiner, a German chemist, first separated furfural in 1821 (released in 1832). He created a small amount of samples as a byproduct of formic acid synthesis. In 1840, the Scottish drug store John Stenhouse uncovered that the very same chemicals could be created by distilling numerous crop products (consisting of corn, oats, bran as well as sawdust) with sulfuric acid aqueous solution; He additionally figured out the empirical formula of furfural (C5H4O2). George Fownes named this oil “furfurol” (from furfurfur (bran) as well as oleum (oil)) in 1845.
In 1848, the French drug store Auguste Cahours determined that furfural was an aldehyde. It spends some time to determine the structure of furfural: the molecule of furfural consists of a type of cyclic ether (furan), which commonly splits when treated with harsh reagents. In 1870, the German drug store Adolf von Baeyer speculated on the framework of furan as well as 2-furoic acid with comparable chemical properties. This sight is supported by the supplementary research study of Heinrich Limpricht, a German chemist. From his job published in 1877, Bayer confirmed his previous sight on the framework of furfural. By 1886, furfural was called “furfural” (abbreviation of “furfural”), and also the proper chemical framework of furfural was recommended. By 1887, the German drug store Willy Marckwald had actually deduced that some furfural by-products had furan cores. In 1901, German drug store Karl Harris confirmed the framework of furan by researching succinic dialdehyde as well as 2-methylfuran, thus verifying the structure of furfural.
It was not up until 1922 when Quaker Oats Firm started to produce furfural in huge amounts from oat shells that furfural was reasonably unknown. Today, furfural is still created by agricultural by-products such as bagasse and also corncob. Presently, the major producers of furfural are the Dominican Republic, South Africa and also China.
- Furfural – WikiPedia
- John Stenhouse (1843). “On the Oils Produced by the Action of Sulphuric Acid upon Various Classes of Vegetables. [Abstract]”. Abstracts of the Papers Communicated to the Royal Society of London.
Furfural Supplier and Manufacturer
As a furfural supplier and manufacturer with a strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best furfural raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have a demand for furfural and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, and we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide the best price and high-quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensure its quality.
* The packing also can be according to the customers` requirement.
* Any inquiries will be replied to within 24 hours.
* We provide a Commerical Invoices, Packing Lists, Bills of loading, COA, Health certificates, and Origin certificates. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
* The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
* Product has any problem can return.