Ferric Oxide CAS 1309-37-1
Factory Supply Ferric Oxide CAS 1309-37-1 with Best Price
- Appearance: Red powder
- Purity: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Ferric Oxide Supplier & Manufacturer
Ferric Oxide: The Complete Guide
Ferric Oxide for Sale
|Iron (III) oxide powder; Red iron oxide
|Food additives; Pharmaceutical raw materials; Pigments; Inorganic salts
What is Ferric Oxide?
Ferric oxide exists in nature in the form of hematite. It is the main iron ore for producing metals and their alloys. Moreover, this oxide exists in the mineral limonite 2Fe2O3 · 3H2O. One important application of this compound involves the production of red, orange, and yellow pigments. Other applications include coatings for metals, steel, and rubber; In the field of ceramics; And as a catalyst for oxidation reactions.
Ferric oxide is synthesized and mainly composed of anhydrous and/or hydrated iron oxide. The color range includes yellow, red, brown, and black. The main difference between food grade iron oxide and industrial grade iron oxide is that the pollution level of other metals is relatively low. This is achieved by selecting and controlling iron sources and/or the degree of chemical purification during the manufacturing process. Iron oxide has been used for coloring fillings and decorations in candies, pastry products, cheese products, fish sauce, pet food, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals.
Ferric Oxide Uses
- Pigment used as anti-rust paint. Because the mica iron oxide anti-rust paint made from this product has good water penetration resistance and excellent anti-rust performance, it can replace red lead.
- Edible red pigment. In Japan, it is used in red bean rice and konjac flour foods. Used to identify bananas whose stem cuts have been treated with preservatives. In the United States, it is mostly used in cat food, dog food and packaging materials.
- Ferric oxide used in the electronics industry, communications machines, televisions, computers and other magnetic materials as well as line output transformers, switching power supplies and ferrite cores for high U and high UQ.
- Ferric oxide is an inorganic pigment used as an anti-rust pigment in the coating industry. It is also used as a colorant for rubber, artificial marble, and floor terrazzo; as a colorant and filler for plastics, asbestos, artificial leather, leather polishing paste, etc.; as a polishing agent for precision instruments and optical glass; and as a raw material for manufacturing magnetic material ferrite components. wait.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy ferric oxide, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Ferric Oxide
The vast majority of applications of iron oxide (III) are as raw materials in the steel industry, such as the production of iron, steel, and many alloys.
Very fine iron oxide powder is called “jeweler’s rouge”, “red rouge”, or simply rouge. It is used for the final polishing of metal jewelry and lenses, and has historically been used as a cosmetic. The cutting speed of rouge is slower than some modern polishing agents, such as cerium oxide (IV), but it is still used in optical manufacturing and jewelry because it can produce excellent smoothness. When polishing gold, rouge will slightly stain the gold, which helps improve the appearance of the finished product. Rouge is sold in the form of powder, paste, applied on polishing cloths, or solid strips (with wax or grease adhesive). Other polishing compounds are commonly referred to as “rouge”, even if they do not contain iron oxide. Jewelers use ultrasonic cleaning to remove residual rouge from jewelry. Products sold as “trimmers” are typically used on leather trimmers to assist in obtaining razor edges on small knives, straight razors, or any other edged tools.
Iron trioxide hydrate has two different colors for different hydrate phases（ α： red β： Yellow); They can be used as pigments.
Iron oxide (III) is also used as a pigment, named “Pigment Brown 6”, “Pigment Brown 7”, and “Pigment Red 101”. Some of them, such as Pigment Red 101 and Pigment Brown 6, have been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use in cosmetics. Iron oxide and titanium oxide are used together as pigments in dental composite materials.
Hematite is a characteristic component of the Swedish paint color Faroo red.
Luhanshi Lotion is used to treat mild itching, mainly composed of zinc oxide, which acts as an astringent, and iron oxide (III), the active ingredient of the product, which has an anti itching effect, which is about 0.5%. The red color of ferric oxide (III) is also the main reason for the pink color of lotion.
The Difference between Ferric Oxide and Ferric Tetroxide
ron oxide, or iron oxide, chemical formula Fe2O3, is the main component of rust and hematite. The main cause of rust is that iron metal reacts with moisture and oxygen in the environment in the presence of impurity carbon, and iron metal will rust.
The difference between ferric oxide and ferric oxide is as follows:
- Due to the different intensity of burning in oxygen, the resulting colors are not the same. Iron oxide is red, while iron oxide is black.
- You can use magnets to distinguish: ferric oxide will not be attracted by magnets, on the contrary, ferric oxide will be attracted.
First of all, both are products produced by the combustion of iron in oxygen. However, iron oxide burns less violently in oxygen than iron tetraoxide. Iron tetroxide (Fe3O4) can be made from iron oxide (Fe2O3). It is generated after full combustion.
- Liu Yafen, preparation of iron oxide from scrap iron slag, laboratory research and exploration
- Shi, Caijuan; Alderman, Oliver; Tamalonis, Anthony; Weber, Richard; You, Jinglin; Benmore, Chris (2020). “Redox-structure dependence of molten iron oxides”. Communications Materials.
Ferric Oxide Supplier and Manufacturer
As a ferric oxide supplier and manufacturer with a strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best ferric oxide raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have a demand for ferric oxide and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, and we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide the best price and high-quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensure its quality.
* The packing also can be according to the customers` requirement.
* Any inquiries will be replied to within 24 hours.
* We provide a Commerical Invoices, Packing Lists, Bills of loading, COA, Health certificates, and Origin certificates. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
* The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
* Product has any problem can return.