Ethylene Glycol CAS 107-21-1
Factory Supply Ethylene Glycol CAS 107-21-1 with Best Price
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Ethylene Glycol Supplement
Ethylene Glycol: The Complete Guide
Index of Ethylene Glycol Contents
Ethylene Glycol for Sale
Basic Info of Ethylene Glycol
meg ethylene glycol; meg glycol; ethanediol
Pharmaceutical raw materials; Pesticide, synthetic material intermediate; Inorganic salt
What is Ethylene Glycol?
Ethylene glycol, also known as ethylene glycol, is the simplest aliphatic dihydric alcohol, with the chemical properties of alcohols, such as being able to generate ethers and esters, and can also be substituted by halogens. Reacts with acid chlorides or acid anhydrides to generally form diesters. When heated under the action of a catalyst (manganese dioxide, alumina, zinc oxide or sulfuric acid), it can be dehydrated intramolecularly or intermolecularly to generate cyclic ethylene glycol acetal, which reacts with nitric acid to generate ethylene glycol dinitrate ( an explosive).
Ethylene glycol is a raw material for the production of polyester resins, alkyd resins and polyester fibers, and is also used as an antifreeze for automobiles and a refrigerant for aircraft engines. Ester consumption is equal. The combination of ethylene glycol dinitrate and nitroglycerin can reduce the freezing point of explosives. Ethylene glycol can also be used as a raw material for pharmaceuticals and plastics and a high boiling point solvent. In industry, ethylene is used as raw material, which is first converted into ethylene oxide and then hydrolyzed to obtain ethylene glycol. This product presents a fire and explosion hazard. It is irritating to the skin and mucous membranes, inhaled vapor or absorbed through the skin, has an anesthetic effect on the central nervous system, and also causes kidney disorders.
Ethylene glycol is mainly used as an antifreeze agent for automobiles and a refrigerant for aircraft engines. In addition, it can also synthesize polymer compounds such as polyester fibers. The combination of ethylene glycol dinitrate and nitroglycerin can reduce the freezing point of explosives. Ethylene glycol can also be used as a raw material for pharmaceuticals and plastics and a high boiling point solvent.
Ethylene Glycol Uses
- Ethylene glycol is used as analytical reagent, chromatographic reagent and capacitive medium.
- Ethylene glycol is an intermediate for the fungicides penconazole and oxamidil.
- Ethylene glycol is mainly used in the preparation of antifreeze for automobile cooling systems and in the production of polyethylene terephthalate (raw material for polyester fibers and polyester plastics), as well as in the production of synthetic resins, solvents, lubricants, Surfactants, softeners, wetting agents, explosives, etc.
- Ethylene glycol is often used in place of glycerin and is used as a hydrating agent and solvent in the tanning and pharmaceutical industries, respectively. Ethylene glycol has strong solubility, but it is easily metabolized and oxidized to generate toxic oxalic acid, so it cannot be widely used as a solvent.
- Adding ethylene glycol to hydraulic fluid can prevent oil-based hydraulic fluid from eroding rubber in the system; water-based hydraulic fluid with ethylene glycol as the main component is a non-combustible hydraulic fluid used in aircraft and automobiles and high-temperature operation of the molding machine.
- Gas chromatographic stationary liquid (maximum operating temperature is 50°C, solvent is chloroform) to separate and analyze low-boiling oxygen compounds, amine compounds, nitrogen or oxygen heterocyclic compounds. Determination of calcium oxide in cement, solvents, antifreeze, manufacture of polyester resins, plasticizers, cosmetics, explosives, cold-resistant lubricants, surfactants, varnishes, dyes, inks, etc., organic synthesis.
- Ethylene glycol can reduce the freezing point of aqueous solutions, so it is often used as antifreeze.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy ethylene glycol, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Ethylene Glycol
CN201110391363.9 discloses a preparation method of flower-shaped γ-bismuth oxide powder, comprising the following steps: firstly adding Bi(NO3)3·5H2O into ethylene glycol, stirring to dissolve it; stirring NaOH solution, water and polyethylene glycol are added to the configured bismuth salt solution in turn, and stirred to obtain a reaction solution; the configured reaction solution is added to a hydrothermal reactor with a polytetrafluoroethylene substrate, and in a closed state, Bi2O3 is generated in a closed state. Hydrothermal reaction; the obtained material is cooled to room temperature, and then suction filtration, washing and drying are performed in sequence to obtain the finished product of γ-Bi2O3 powder. The γ-Bi2O3 prepared by the invention has a relatively uniform morphology and good dispersibility; its microstructure is quasi-spherical, which is further a flower-shaped sphere, with a diameter of 1-25 μm, and a large specific surface area of the flower-shaped sphere; The thickness of the nanosheets is below 100 nm, the visible light response is good and the photocatalytic activity is high.
CN201210500911.1 discloses a preparation method of flake nano silver powder, which is obtained by reacting a silver salt aqueous solution containing a surfactant and a ferrous salt solution at a temperature of 0-100°C. The silver salt is silver nitrate, silver sulfate or silver acetate. The surfactant is polyvinylpyrrolidone, cetyltrimethylammonium bromide, sodium lauryl sulfate or polyethylene glycol. The ferrous salt is ferrous ammonium sulfate or ferrous sulfate. The weight ratio of the silver salt to the ferrous salt is 2:1 to 1:4. The weight ratio of the silver salt to the surfactant is 50:1 to 1:2. The flake nano-silver powder finally obtained by the method of the invention is single in appearance and high in purity. The method of the invention also has the advantages of short reaction time, high efficiency, mild reaction conditions, simple process and equipment, low production cost, simple operation, green and pollution-free, etc., and is especially suitable for industrialized large-scale production.
The Production Method of Ethylene Glycol
- Direct hydration of ethylene oxide
It is currently the only method for producing ethylene glycol on an industrial scale. Ethylene oxide and water are directly hydrated in liquid phase in a tubular reactor under the conditions of pressurization (2.23MPa) and 190-200°C to obtain ethylene glycol, and at the same time, diethylene glycol and triethylene glycol are produced as by-products. Ethylene Glycols and Polycondensed Polyethylene Glycols. The dilute ethylene glycol solution obtained from the reaction is concentrated by a thin film evaporator, and then dehydrated and refined to obtain qualified ethylene glycol products and by-products.
- Ethylene oxide sulfuric acid catalytic hydration method
Ethylene oxide and water are hydrated to form ethylene glycol under the catalysis of sulfuric acid at 60-80°C and a pressure of 9.806-19.61kPa. The reaction liquid is neutralized with liquid caustic soda, and the water is evaporated through an evaporator to obtain 80% ethylene glycol, which is then rectified and concentrated in a rectifying tower to obtain a finished product of more than 98%. This method is a method developed in the early stage. Due to the existence of corrosion, pollution and product quality problems, coupled with the complex refining process, countries have gradually stopped using it and switched to the direct hydration method.
- Ethylene direct hydration method
Synthesis of ethylene glycol directly from ethylene without ethylene oxide.
- Dichloroethane hydrolysis method
- Formaldehyde method