Dimethyl Sulfide CAS 75-18-3
Factory Supply Dimethyl Sulfide CAS 75-18-3 with Best Price
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Dimethyl Sulfide Supplement
Dimethyl Sulfide: The Complete Guide
Dimethyl Sulfide for Sale
Basic Info of Dimethyl Sulfide
Methyl sulfide; Dimethyl sulphide; DMS dimethyl sulfide; Di methyl sulphide
Flavor and fragrance; Food additive; Daily chemical raw material; Organic raw materials
What is Dimethyl Sulfide?
Methyl sulfur has the unpleasant smell of wild radish, similar to cabbage. Only at very low levels (0.1 – 3.0 ppm) can it be tolerated as a green vegetable flavor. It can be prepared by the reaction of potassium sulfide and methyl chloride in methanol solution; From potassium methyl sulfate and potassium sulfide.
Dimethyl sulfide (DMS) or methyl thiomethane is an organic sulfur compound with the molecular formula (CH 3) 2 s. Dimethyl sulfide is a flammable liquid that boils at 37 ° C (99 ° f) and has an unpleasant odor. It is a component of the smell produced by certain vegetables (especially corn, cabbage, beetroot and seafood) during cooking. This is also a sign of bacterial contamination during malt production and brewing. It is the decomposition product of dimethylsulfopropionic acid (DMSP) and methyl mercaptan produced by bacterial metabolism.
Dimethyl sulfide is also known as thiobismethane. Colorless liquid. Volatile. It smells when the concentration is high. Very low concentration (0.1 × 10-6～3.0 × 10-6), with the green aroma of vegetables. Natural products exist in American mint, Algerian Geranium oil and cream. The relative molecular weight is 62.13. The relative density is 0.8483. Melting point -98.3 ℃. Boiling point 37.3 ℃. The refractive index is 1.4438. Flash point -36 ℃, -17.8 ℃ (closed). Insoluble in water, soluble in ethanol and ether. Flammable. Vapor and air can form an explosive mixture, with an explosion limit of 2.2% – 19.7% (volume fraction). It is easy to oxidize and form sulfoxide or sulfone; It reacts with halothane to form matte salt, which reacts with wet silver hydroxide to form strongly alkaline compound matte base.
Dimethyl Sulfide Uses
- Dimethyl sulfide is a Lewis base and belongs to soft ligand (see likewise ECW model). It creates facilities with many shift steels. It is used as a replaceable ligand in chlorine (dimethyl sulfide) gold (I) and other control compounds. Dimethyl sulfur is also used for ozone decay of olefins, decrease of intermediate trioxyamyl ring and also oxidation to DMSO.
- Dimethyl sulfur has actually been used in petroleum refining to pre sulfurize hydrodesulfurization stimulants, although other disulfides or polysulfides are liked and much easier to deal with. It is utilized as a pre vulcanizing agent in ethylene manufacturing to manage the formation of coke and carbon monoxide. DMS is also used in a range of natural synthesis, consisting of as a reducing agent in ozone decay reactions. It can likewise be used as food spices ingredients. It can also be oxidized to dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO), which is a crucial industrial solvent.
- Dimethyl sulfide is the most basic sulfide substance. The structure and also buildings are similar to dimethyl ether. It is an anemic unpredictable fluid at area temperature level. Has an unique scent like seafood. In nature, it is typically generated by the failure of proteins. This is additionally among the sources of the dubious smell of fish and shellfish. It can be utilized as the 2nd action in natural synthesis, such as ozonation reaction, for the reduction of secondary ozonide 1,2,4-trioxane to entirely convert alkenes to aldehydes or ketones, as a polymerization solvent, and It can be used in the production of pesticides, methionine and also dimethyl sulfoxide, and also as analytical reagents, in addition to gas smell as well as paint removing.
- GB 2760-96 stipulates that the edible spices are enabled to be made use of. Primarily used for the prep work of corn, tomato, potato, dairy products, pineapple and orange fruit and also environment-friendly taste.
- Dimethyl sulfide is a solvent and an intermediate for the production of dimethyl sulfoxide, methionine and also chemicals. It can be used as a solvent for organic synthesis, polymerization as well as cyanation. Used as analytical reagent, polyacrylonitrile and various other synthetic fiber rotating and also hydraulic oil. It can likewise be made use of as an odorant for city gas, a commercial purifier, a layer launch agent, a low-temperature preservative for batteries, and also a pesticide penetrant. Topically used in blood medications, phytopathology as well as nutrition.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy dimethyl sulfide, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Dimethyl Sulfide
Sulfoxide is an important intermediate in organic synthesis of fine chemicals, medicines, pesticides, etc., and has a wide range of uses. A method for preparing dimethyl sulfoxide from dimethyl sulfide can be implemented by the following steps:
- Under the conditions of oxidation reaction, the mixed solutions of dimethyl sulfide and solvent with different mass concentrations are prepared in the reactor.
- The oxidant is passed into the mixed solution containing the catalyst, and the above-mentioned dimethyl sulfide and the oxidant undergo an oxidation reaction in the gas-liquid two-phase contact process, and the dimethyl sulfide obtains dimethyl sulfoxide.
Preparation of Dimethyl Sulfide
The method for preparing dimethyl sulfide, comprises the following steps:
Airtight distillation equipment equipped with stirring device, including equipment with ice brine bath and tail gas receiving equipment.
- Will contain the industrial waste residue of the sodium methyl sulfate of 720 kilograms, 210 kilograms of sodium sulfide and 1000 kilograms of water, add in above-mentioned equipment, 20-30 ℃ of thermal insulation stirring reaction 2 hours, then be warming up to 80 ℃～100 ℃ to carry out normal Press distillation to collect mixed fractions of dimethyl sulfide at 28°C to 70°C.
- The collected dimethyl sulfide mixed solution was statically separated into layers. The aqueous layer was discarded to obtain dimethyl sulfide. The content is 98.46%, and the yield is 82.31%.
- During the whole process of distillation, the distillation tail gas is absorbed with 5% to 30% sodium hydroxide lye.
- Dimethyl sulfide – WikiPedia
- Dimethyl sulfide – PubChem
- [Chinese invention] CN201710970639.6 A method for preparing dimethyl sulfoxide from dimethyl sulfide