Dimethyl Isosorbide CAS 5306-85-4 DMI
Factory Supply Dimethyl Isosorbide CAS 5306-85-4 DMI with Best Price
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Dimethyl Isosorbide Supplier & Manufacturer
Dimethyl Isosorbide: The Complete Guide
Dimethyl Isosorbide for Sale
Isosorbide dimethyl ether; DMI; 1,4:3,6-dianhydro-2,5-di-O-methyl-D-glucitol
Flavor and fragrance; Cosmetic raw material; Pharmaceutical raw materials; Organic raw materials
What is Dimethyl Isosorbide?
Isosorbide dimethyl ether, also known as dimethyl isosorbide (DMI), 1,4:3,6-dianhydro-2,5-di-O-methyl-D-glucitol. Isosorbide dimethyl ether is an anemic oily liquid in appearance, extremely stable under neutral conditions, hygroscopic, as well as can be miscible with numerous natural solvents, and is usually utilized as a solvent. DMI can promote the infiltration of active ingredients into the epidermis layer of the skin and also provide full play to the impact of energetic ingredients. It is primarily utilized in medicines and also cosmetics.
Dimethyl isosorbitol is used in a variety of personal care applications, mainly cream, lotion and sprays applied to the skin. It is used to stabilize, solvate and deliver active ingredients to the skin to significantly improve permeability and performance.
Dimethyl Isosorbide Uses
Dimethyl isosorbide is a useful research chemical.
- Dimethyl isosorbide(DMI) used in cosmetics: it can substantially enhance the results of sunscreen, anti-wrinkle, blemish elimination, acne removal, skin treatment hydrating, weight-loss, breast enhancement lotion, hair conservator, hair dye as well as other products, which is perfect for the cosmetics sector. Solvents. Permeating agents as well as providers.
- Applied in the field of medicine: ointment and cast for outside use. The efficacy of the product is significantly boosted.
- Applied to pesticides: It can enhance the penetration of pesticides inside and outside the pests, enhance the efficacy, and also lower the resistance of insects; lower the use of pesticides, decrease the dose, lower environmental pollution, and also especially lower the direct injury of pesticides to people.
- Applied to skin: The penetration of dimethyl isosorbide is another key advantage when using dimethyl isosorbide, because it can not only improve the penetration of active ingredients into the skin, but also help formulation experts modify some active ingredients into salt form to make them enter the skin layer. When antioxidants or other anti-aging ingredients are involved, dimethyl isosorbide can significantly improve the effect because of its higher permeability.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy dimethyl isosorbide, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Preparation of Dimethyl Isosorbide
Isosorbide dimethyl ether is synthesized from isosorbide by methylation. The used methylating reagents are dimethyl sulfate (US Patent US4659846 and US4322359), dimethyl carbonate (US Patent US4700871), methyl chloride (US Patent US4435586 and World Patent WO2007096511).
When synthesizing isosorbide dimethyl ether with dimethyl sulfate, the yield can reach more than 70%, and the highest reported in the literature is 83.5%. As we all know, dimethyl sulfate is a highly toxic chemical, a carcinogen, and harmful to the health of operators. When using dimethyl carbonate to synthesize dimethyl isosorbide, the highest conversion rate of isosorbide is only 89%, and the weight ratio of isosorbide dimethyl ether to monomethyl ether in the product is 59:41. Therefore, dimethyl carbonate is not a suitable starting material for the synthesis of dimethyl isosorbide.
When synthesizing isosorbide dimethyl ether, the solvents used include tert-butanol, acetone, dimethyl sulfoxide, etc., these solvents have the disadvantages of lower boiling point, volatile, difficult solvent recovery, environmental pollution and higher cost of use. Fuertes, Patrick improved the solvent in TO2007096511, using the methylated product isosorbide dimethyl ether as the solvent, and the yield was increased to 95%. However, with isosorbide dimethyl ether as solvent, the production cost is relatively high.
An optimized and improved process for synthesizing isosorbide dimethyl ether can not only reduce production cost, but also reduce environmental pollution. It is characterized in that,
Proceed as follows:
- In reaction vessel, add solvent, isosorbide, alkali and phase transfer catalyst;
- Stirring, warming up, decompressing and dehydrating;
- Feed into methyl chloride, complete etherification reaction under certain pressure and temperature;
- Add acid to neutralize;
- Filtration desalination;
- Underpressure distillation, obtain product isosorbide dimethyl ether and reclaim solvent; The alkali used in reaction is selected from sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide or sodium methoxide; Described phase transfer catalyst is the phase transfer of quaternary ammonium salts A catalyst, or a quaternary phosphonium salt type phase transfer catalyst; The solvent is an alkyl-terminated low-molecular-weight polyether, and the structural formula of the alkyl-terminated low-molecular-weight polyether is:
In the formula R1, R2 are to select the same or different straight-chain or branched alkyl groups; The alkyl group used contains 1～15 carbon atoms; R3, R4 are hydrogen atoms or methyl groups; m+n is an integer of 4～15 .
Dimethyl Isosorbide Supplier and Manufacturer
As a dimethyl isosorbide supplier and manufacturer with a strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best dimethyl isosorbide raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have a demand for dimethyl isosorbide and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, and we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide the best price and high-quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensure its quality.
* The packing also can be according to the customers` requirement.
* Any inquiries will be replied to within 24 hours.
* We provide a Commerical Invoices, Packing Lists, Bills of loading, COA, Health certificates, and Origin certificates. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
* The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
* Product has any problem can return.