Copper(I) Iodide CAS 7681-65-4
Factory Supply Copper(I) Iodide CAS 7681-65-4 with Best Price
- Appearance: White powder
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Copper(I) Iodide Supplier & Manufacturer
Copper(I) Iodide: The Complete Guide
Copper(I) Iodide for Sale
|Chemical Name:||Copper(I) Iodide|
|Other Name:||Copper iodide (CuI); Cuprous iodide; Cu iodide|
|Type:||Food additives; Pharmaceutical raw materials; Inorganic salt|
What is Copper(I) Iodide?
Cuprous iodide (CuI), cuprous chloride, and cuprous bromide are three commonly used cuprous halides. All three are white solids. The photosensitivity of cuprous iodide is worse than that of cuprous bromide and cuprous chloride. Under the action of strong light, it decomposes and precipitates iodine.
Cuprous iodide is white or colorless diamagnetic powder, often brown when impure. It has a sphalerite structure at room temperature and is widely used. Insoluble in water and acid, easily soluble in ammonia water, potassium iodide and potassium cyanide solution due to the formation of complexes. It exists in the form of copper iodide in nature.
Cuprous chloride and also cuprous bromide can be prepared by reacting the acidic option of the equivalent divalent cupric salt with metallic copper. Cuprous iodide can be prepared by adding Cu2+ to potassium iodide option.
Phenyl copper can be prepared by reacting cuprous iodide with phenyl magnesium bromide or phenyl lithium in ether. Methyl copper can be prepared by reacting methyllithium and cuprous iodide at -15°C or by reacting copper nitrate and tetramethyllead in ethanol at -60 to -40°C.
Grignard reagent reacts with cuprous halide to generate hydrocarbyl cuprous, and cuprous halide can be cuprous iodide, cuprous bromide, cuprous chloride.
Copper(I) Iodide Uses
- CuI is utilized as a source of nutritional iodine in salt as well as pet feed.
- The structural characteristics of CuI enable CuI to stabilize the heat of nylon in the commercial and residential carpet industry, automotive engine parts and other markets that require durability and weight.
- Copper(I) iodide is used for cloud seeding to change the precipitation or type of cloud or its structure by dispersing matter into the atmosphere, thus increasing the ability of water to form droplets or crystals. CuI provides a sphere for water in the cloud, which can condense around, leading to increased precipitation and decreased cloud density.
- Copper(I) iodide used as organic reaction catalyst, anode ray tube covering, and animal feed additive, etc. Cuprous iodide can also be used together with mercury iodide as an indicator to measure the temperature rise of mechanical bearings.
- As a catalyst in many reactions involving Grignard reagents, cuprous iodide is also used in dry Wiff rearrangement reactions.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy copper(i) iodide, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Copper(I) Iodide
As a wide bandgap straight bandgap p-type semiconductor material, CuI has a bandgap width of 3.1e V, a high transmittance in the visible light range (400nm-760nm), and a high carrier concentration and void space. Hole mobility, and the preparation method is simple and easy, less consumption of consumables, high preparation efficiency, non-toxic and non-polluting preparation process, so it has a wide range of application prospects in the field of semiconductor optoelectronic devices.
1) CuI film is used as a hole injection layer for light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and field-effect transistors
The CuI/Al composite layer can be used as the gate electrode of the organic semiconductor field effect transistor. CuI acts as a hole injection layer and can be directly in contact with the organic semiconductor layer. Compared with single-layer metal (gold or aluminum) as source and drain, CuI reduces the contact barrier between metal and organic semiconductor, which can improve hole mobility, improve carrier injection and transport efficiency, and improve current flow. The switching ratio can also sharply reduce the threshold voltage and reduce energy loss. Organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs) are constructed, and CuI-doped NPB (alkane compounds) is used as the hole injection layer. Under the action of an external bias voltage, the transport efficiency of holes is improved, and the probability of electron recombination and light emission is increased, so that The current efficiency of the OLED increases to 69cd/A.
2) CuI is used as a hole transport layer for dye-sensitized solar cells (SSDC)
There are three main types of commonly used hole transport materials: organic polymer electrolytes, liquid electrolytes, and organic p-type semiconductor materials. Inorganic p-type semiconductor materials have stable performance, which can solve the two problems of easy degradation and aging of polymers and easy volatilization and decomposition of liquid substances, and improve the stability and service life of SSDC. CuI uses a hole transport layer between the transparent electrode and the dye to increase the potential barrier of electrons (block electrons from transporting to the anode) and reduce the potential barrier of holes. When sunlight irradiates dye molecules to generate electron-hole pairs, CuI increases the hole collection rate, reduces the electron-hole recombination rate, and improves the internal quantum efficiency, thereby achieving the purpose of improving light conversion efficiency. n-titanium dioxide (TiO2)∣organic matter∣p-CuI solid-state dye-sensitized solar cell, using p-CuI as the hole transport layer for the first time, with a photoelectric conversion efficiency of 0.8%; n-ZnO∣D-358 dye∣p-CuI solid-state Dye-sensitized solar cells have a photoelectric conversion efficiency as high as 3.2%. Polymerized solar cells (PSCs), with CuI as a buffer layer, achieved a photoelectric conversion efficiency of 3.84%.
Cuprous iodide (CuI) has a wide range of uses, and can be used as a catalyst for organic synthesis, a resin modifier, an artificial rainfall agent, a cover for anode ray tubes, and a source of iodine in iodized salt. In the presence of 1,2- or 1,3-diamine ligands, cuprous iodide can catalyze the conversion of brominated arenes, brominated heterocyclic compounds and vinyl bromide to the corresponding iodides. The reaction is generally carried out in dioxane solvent, with sodium iodide as iodide reagent.
Aromatic iodides are generally more active than the corresponding chlorides and iodides. As a result, cuprous iodide can catalyze a series of combining reactions entailing halogenated hydrocarbons, such as Heck response, Stille reaction, Suzuki reaction and also Ullmann response. 2-Bromo-1-octen-3-ol and 1-nonyne are combined in the presence of dichlorobis(triphenylphosphine)palladium(II), cuprous chloride and also diethylamine to generate 7 – Methylene-8-hexadecan-6-ol.
- Copper(I) iodide – WikiPedia
- Zhang J, Richardson HW (June 2000). “Copper compounds”. Ullmann’s Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry. Weinheim: Wiley-VCH.
Copper(I) Iodide Suppliers and Manufacturers
As a sebacic acid supplier and manufacturer with a strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best sebacic acid raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have a demand for sebacic acid and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, and we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide the best price and high-quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensure its quality.
* The packing also can be according to the customers` requirement.
* Any inquiries will be replied to within 24 hours.
* We provide a Commerical Invoices, Packing Lists, Bills of loading, COA, Health certificates, and Origin certificates. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
* The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
* Product has any problem can return.