Benzyl Mercaptan CAS 100-53-8
Factory Supply Benzyl Mercaptan CAS 100-53-8 with Best Price
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- Assay: 98. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
Benzyl Mercaptan: The Complete Guide
Index of Benzyl Mercaptan Contents
Request A Free Quote
Basic Info of Benzyl Mercaptan
benzyl hydrosulfide; benzyl mercaptan; benzylmercaptan; toluene mercaptan; benzyl mercaptan (big taste); benzyl mercaptan, 98%; Alpha-toluene mercaptan, benzyl mercaptan, toluene mercaptan, benzyl Benzylthiol; Benzyl thiol (Benzylthiol)
Flavors And Fragrances; Food Additives; APIs
What is Benzyl Mercaptan?
Benzyl mercaptan is also known as thiobenzyl alcohol, benzyl mercaptan, benzyl mercaptan, α-mercaptotoluene.
Benzyl mercaptan is mainly used to synthesize other compounds with certain activity, such as thiocarbamate, the scientific name is O-alkyl-N-alkylthiocarbamate, which is an excellent flotation agent for sulfide ore. Compared with conventional sulfide ore collectors such as xanthate, black medicine, etc., it has the advantages of good selectivity, small dosage, foaming, and effective separation of valuable minerals and gangue minerals under low alkali conditions. It is widely used in the flotation of various copper ores, gold ores and lead-zinc ores.
Benzyl Mercaptan Uses
The organic synthesis intermediate of benzyl mercaptan, the raw material of pesticide and herbicide “Chicaodan”, insecticide “Chlorochloride”, and fungicide “Kethiojing”. Examples of its application are as follows:
- Synthesis of α,β-unsaturated iodoketene and alkenal.
- Synthesis of dibenzotetrathiafulvalene tetracarbonyldiimide derivatives.
- Preparation of thiourethane and production of dibenzyl disulfide.
- Synthesis of S-benzyl palmitate thioester.
- Synthesis of benzyl S-thioacetate.
Request A Free Quote
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Phone: +86 176-5311 3209
WhatsApp: +86 176-5311 3209
Preparation Method of Benzyl Mercaptan Uses
α, β unsaturated ketenes are important skeletons in the field of organic synthesis, especially polysubstituted ketenes, which have important applications in organic synthesis. But so far, there are still few methods to synthesize polysubstituted enones with high selectivity. Allenes have attracted the research interest of scientists due to their biological activities in natural products and pharmaceuticals. Due to the presence of two accumulated double bonds in allenes, different reactivity from enynes can be exhibited.
Controlling the reaction selectivity of the two double bonds is currently the biggest challenge. Some studies provide a method for the efficient synthesis of α, β unsaturated iodoketenes and alkenals. Starting from allene sulfoxide, in a solvent with chloroform and ethanol as 50/1, the reaction with iodine and benzyl mercaptan can be used. It can generate iodoketene and alkenal compounds with high selectivity. The C I bond in these compounds can efficiently synthesize α, β unsaturated aldehydes and ketones through further coupling reaction. The synthesis reaction formula is as follows:
The preparation method is as follows:
- Add 1.05 mmol of iodine to the mixed solution of 0.3 mmol of allene sulfoxide 1, 1 mL of chloroform, and 30 μL of ethanol, stir for 5 minutes, and then add the chloroform solution of benzyl mercaptan, the benzyl mercaptan 0.3 mmol , 0.5 mL of the chloroform, react for a certain time;
- After the reaction of allene sulfoxide 1 is complete, add 6 mL of water to quench the reaction, then dropwise add saturated sodium thiosulfate solution to neutralize excess iodine, extract three times with 20 mL of ether, wash with saturated sodium chloride, no Dry with sodium sulfate, filter, and rotary steam to obtain liquid crude products. These crude products can be subjected to column chromatography to obtain clean iodoketene and alkenal compounds 2.