Ammonium Thioglycolate CAS 5421-46-5
Factory Supply Ammonium Thioglycolate CAS 5421-46-5 with Best Price
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- Purity: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Ammonium Thioglycolate Supplier & Manufacturer
Ammonium Thioglycolate: The Complete Guide
Ammonium Thioglycolate for Sale
|Chemical Name:||Ammonium Thioglycolate|
|Other Name:||Ammonium mercaptoacetate; Ammonium thioglycolic acid|
|Type:||Daily chemicals; Cosmetic raw materials; Organic raw materials|
What is Ammonium Thioglycolate?
Ammonium thioglycolate is a chemical used to straighten hair. The chemical is less damaging to the scalp and hair than other products, and it doesn’t smell too strong. It works by making hair follicles more permeable and breaking down the disulfide bonds that make hair frizzy. This product is used as the first step in a thermionic straightening system.
Ammonium thioglycolate is milder and therefore less damaging to hair than other chemicals that can be used in straighteners. The chemical’s thiol group, -SH, enables it to act as a reducing agent. This chemical donates an electron to another compound (chemical bond) to be broken down or reduced. There are many disulfide bonds in hair strands. Very curly hair needs a lot of disulfide bonds, while straight hair needs much less. The ammonium in this compound causes the hair to swell, which then allows the thioglycolate to enter the hair and reduce or break down the disulfide bonds in the hair.
Ammonium Thioglycolate Uses
- Ammonium thioglycolate contained in the perm solution can cause contact dermatitis for hairdressers.
- Ammonium mercaptoacetate is used as a reducing agent in the perm formula for hair treatment and wool shrink-proof treatment.
- The removal of ammonium mercaptoacetate requires thorough rinsing. After the hair is set and straightened, the next step is to apply hydrogen peroxide solution. Hydrogen peroxide solution can generate new bonds in the new hairstyle. Generally speaking, the fewer bonds formed, the less curly hair. If this process is repeated excessively, the hair will become fragile and easy to break.
- Ammonium mercaptoacetate, which is mainly used as a perm in cosmetics and skin care products, has a risk coefficient of 4. It is relatively safe and can be used safely. For pregnant women, please use cosmetics and skin care products containing ammonium mercaptoacetate with caution. Ammonium mercaptoacetate does not cause acne.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy ammonium thioglycolate, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Use in Perms
The solution containing ammonium mercaptoacetate contains a large amount of free ammonia, which can swell hair and make it permeable. Mercaptoacetic acid in the perm solution reduces the disulfide cystine bond in the hair cortex. In a sense, mercaptoacetate removes crosslinking. After washing, treat the hair with mild hydrogen peroxide solution to oxidize cysteine back to cystine. These new chemical bonds give the structural rigidity required for a successful perm. The hardening process is similar to vulcanized rubber, in which polysulfide bonds are usually used to cross-link the polymer chain. However, there are not as many disulfide bonds recombined as before the permanent bond. Therefore, hair is more fragile than before using permanent hair, and repeated use in the same position may eventually lead to hair bundle breakage.
Because polar molecules are less volatile than non-polar molecules, and glycolate substituents make mercaptan less volatile, so the odor is smaller. Another advantage is that glycolate has a certain solubility in water. People can almost certainly use HSCH 3 and ammonia to perm their hair, but it will have serious olfactory consequences.
Preparation of Ammonium Thioglycolate
Ammonium thioglycolate can be prepared from sodium chloroacetate and thiourea:
ClCH2COONa + H2NC(S)NH2 —80℃→ HN=C(NH2)S-CH2COOH + NaCl
2 HN=C(NH2)S−CH2COOH + Ba(OH)2 → Ba(SCH2COO)2Ba + 2 NH2CONH2 + H2O
Ba(SCH2COO)2Ba + 2 NH4HCO3 → 2HSCH2COONH4 + 2 BaCO3
Ammonium Thioglycolate Supplier and Manufacturer
As a ammonium thioglycolate supplier and manufacturer with a strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best ammonium thioglycolate raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have a demand for ammonium thioglycolate and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, and we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide the best price and high-quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensure its quality.
* The packing also can be according to the customers` requirement.
* Any inquiries will be replied to within 24 hours.
* We provide a Commerical Invoices, Packing Lists, Bills of loading, COA, Health certificates, and Origin certificates. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
* The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
* Product has any problem can return.