Alpha-Chloralose CAS 15879-93-3
Factory Supply Alpha-Chloralose CAS 15879-93-3 with Best Price
- Appearance: White powder
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Alpha-Chloralose Suppiler
Basic Info of Alpha-Chloralose
α-Chloralose; ^a-Chloralose; (r)-1,2-o-(2,2,2-trichloroethylidene)-alpha-d-glucofuranose; Alpha-chloralose cas 15879-93-3
Sugars; Pharmaceutical raw materials; Organic intermediate
What is Alpha-Chloralose?
Alpha-chloralose, (R) – 1,2-o – (2,2,2-trichloroethylene)- α- D-furoglucose is a crystalline powder, which is easily soluble in water, ethanol, ether, glacial acetic acid, somewhat soluble in chloroform, and practically insoluble in petroleum ether. Alpha-chloralose is created by the reaction of glucose with anhydrous chloral under heating (21 ).
Alpha-chloralose (also known as α- Chloraldose) is a bird killing agent and a rodenticide used to kill mice at temperatures below 15 ° C. It is also widely used in neuroscience and veterinary medicine as an anesthetic and sedative. Used alone or in combination, such as with urethane, for long-lasting but mild anesthesia.
Chemically, it is a chlorinated acetal derivative of glucose. It is listed in Annex I of directive 67/ 548/ EEC and classified as hazardous (xn). Alpha-chloralose exerts barbiturate like effects on synaptic transmission in the brain, including inhibition γ- Effective effect of aminobutyric acid type a receptor (GABAAR). Structural isomers of chloraldose β- Chloraldose (also known as p-chloraldose in the old literature) is inactive as a GABA A R regulator and a general anesthetic.
Alpha-chloralose is often abused because of its bird killing properties. In Britain, protected Raptors have been killed using this chemical. Legal use of bird control also often leads to secondary poisoning death of raptors, and primary poisoning of non target species due to bait consumption, such as kerru pigeons in New Zealand.
- Alpha-chloralose is used to cover seeds to protect them from birds.
- It has been widely used as an animal anesthetic in the laboratory environment. Alpha-chloralose is a real anesthetic or a fixative with sedative and hypnotic properties, which is of great significance. Branta canadensis and Chen caerulescens were alpha-chloralose capture, which is an oral hypnotic. Wild turkeys (meleagris gallopavo) were treated with oral anesthetics alpha-chloralose captured.
- Alpha-chloralose is used to control rodents, especially mice, and as a bird repellent and bird anesthetic.
- Chloralose is an effective chloral generator, which in turn provides trichloroethanol through metabolism. This is an anesthetic. Mice induce sleep before death, so this compound is considered as a Humane mouse killer. It is particularly effective when rapid clearance is required but there is evidence that mice can become tolerant.
- Alpha-Chloralose is utilized as an immobilizing representative. It is primarily used in researches, which involves autonomic reflexes. α-Chloralose is a sedative hypnotic. It has high value as anesthetic for laboratory animals.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209