2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate CAS 868-77-9
Factory Supply 2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate CAS 868-77-9 with Best Price
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: 2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate Supplement
2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate: The Complete Guide
2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate for Sale
Basic Info of 2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate
What is 2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate?
Hydroxyethyl methacrylate (also known as ethylene glycol methacrylate) is an organic compound with the chemical formula h2c\dc (CH3) co2ch2ch2oh. It is a colorless viscous liquid that is easy to polymerize. Hydroxyethyl methacrylate is a monomer used in the manufacture of various polymers.
2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate is an enoic acid ester, which is a mono methacryloyl derivative of ethylene glycol. It has the function of polymerizing monomers and allergens. It comes from ethylene glycol and methacrylic acid. 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate (HEMA) is biocompatible. Polymer hydrogel scaffolds can be produced by polymerizing HEMA in water.
2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate is a kind of hydroxy ester compound, which is a kind of resin monomer used for dentin desensitization. By locally applying 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate to sensitive teeth, the sensitive areas in the teeth will be sealed and the dentin tubules on the dentin surface will be prevented from being stimulated by pain. This can prevent tooth nerve excitation and relieve the pain caused by tooth allergy.
2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate Uses
- In 1960, o. wichterle as well as D. L í m described their application in the synthesis of hydrophilic crosslinked networks. These outcomes are of terrific significance for the manufacture of soft contact lenses. 2-hydroxyl methylate is hydrophobic: it can take in 10 to 600% of water (relative to completely dry weight). Due to this particular, it is just one of the earliest products made use of to make soft contact lenses.
- 2-Hydroxyl methylate is extremely ideal for 3D printing applications due to the fact that it will certainly treat rapidly at room temperature level when subjected to ultraviolet light in the presence of photoinitiators. It can be used as a monomer matrix in which 40nm silica particles are suspended for 3D glass printing. When used in combination with an ideal blowing agent, such as BOC anhydride, it will certainly create a foaming material that will certainly expand when warmed.
- In the electron microscope and later on in the optical microscopic lense, 2-hydroxyl methylate was used as the embedding tool.
- When treated with polyisocyanate, 2-hydroxyl methylate will create a cross-linked polymer, an acrylic material, which is a valuable component in some finishings.
- Polymer hydrogels for medicine delivery. A license has actually been looked for the advancement of man-made cornea or kpro, which is made up of pHEMA (polymerized from HEMA) and also poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA). HEMA can be made use of for the synthesis of 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate-poly by coordination anion ring opening up polymerization (ROP)（ ε- Caprolactone) (hema-pcl).
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Synthesis of 2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate
Hydroxyethyl methacrylate was first synthesized around 1925. Common synthesis methods include:
- Reaction of methacrylic acid with ethylene oxide
- Esterification of methacrylic acid with a large amount of excess ethylene glycol
These two methods also produce a certain amount of ethyl dimethacrylate. During the polymerization of hydroxyethyl methacrylate, it acts as a cross-linking agent.
Production Method of 2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate
- It is obtained by the reaction of ethylene oxide and methacrylic acid. Ferric thiocyanate, tetramethylammonium chloride, etc. and a little hydroquinone were added to the methacrylic acid, heated to 90°C with stirring, and ethylene oxide gas was introduced to react for about 2 hours under the protection of nitrogen. Cool the reaction product to 60°C, add a small amount of hydroquinone, then distill under reduced pressure, and collect 86-89°C (0.67kPa) fractions to obtain the finished product with a yield of over 80%.
- Potassium methacrylate reacts with chloroethanol in the presence of a polymerization inhibitor to generate crude 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate, which is salted out and refined to obtain the finished product.