2-Ethylhexanoic Acid CAS 149-57-5
Factory Supply 2-Ethylhexanoic Acid CAS 149-57-5 with Best Price
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- Purity: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: 2-Ethylhexanoic Acid Supplier & Manufacturer
2-Ethylhexanoic Acid: The Complete Guide
2-Ethylhexanoic Acid for Sale
Isooctanoic acid; Caprylic acid; Butyl ethyl acetic acid; 2-Ethylhexanoic acid, isooctanoic acid; 2-Ethyl octanoic acid; Ethyl nonanoic acid; 2-Ethyl Hypocaprin; Ethylhexanoic acid
What is 2-Ethylhexanoic Acid?
2-Ethylhexanoic acid is a colorless to light yellow liquid with a mild odor. 2-Ethylhexanoic acid will burn though 2-Ethylhexanoic acid may take some effort to ignite. 2-Ethylhexanoic acid is slightly soluble in water. It is corrosive to metals and tissue. It is used to make paint dryers and plasticizers. Paint and varnish driers (metallic salts). Ethylhexoates of light metals are used to convert some mineral oils to greases. Its esters are used as plasticizers.
2-Ethylhexanoic acid can be used as an intermediate of paint and coating drying agent, alkyd resin modifier, production peroxide as a catalyst for polymerization reaction, lubricating oil ester and PVC stabilizer. It is widely used in the market.
2-Ethylhexanoic Acid Uses
- 2-Ethylhexanoic acid mainly used to prepare various metal salts as driers for coatings and paints, and its esters can be used as plasticizers and raw materials for carbenicillin.
- Most of 2-ethylhexanoic acid is converted into metal salts of zirconium, cobalt, molybdenum, zinc, etc., which are used as paint driers and heat stabilizers for polyvinyl chloride plastics; tin salts are used as additives for plastic pipes; barium salts, cadmium salt is used in plastic calendering products and stabilizers.
- 2-Ethylhexanoic acid and its esters are also used in medicine, fungicides, metal lubricants, cosmetics, etc. Its glycerides are excellent plasticizers.
- 2-Ethylhexanoic acid is the raw material of medicine carbenicillin. It is also used in the synthesis of many dyes and perfumes.
- 2-Ethylhexanoic acid is intermediate for paint and coating driers, used as alkyd resin modifier, used in the production of peroxides as a catalyst for polymerization reactions (such as PE), used as lubricating oil ester and PVC stabilizer.
- Organic synthesis, solvent.
- 2-Ethylhexanoic acid is a chemical substance that is harmful to health and has an irritating effect on the skin and mucous membranes. It emits a pungent acid mist when it is decomposed by heat. 2-Ethylhexanoic acid is used in the synthesis of many dyes and spices.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy 2-ethylhexanoic acid, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Preparation of 2-Ethylhexanoic Acid
Add 500g of isooctyl alcohol, 258g of potassium hydroxide, 10g of zinc formate to a 2000ml autoclave. The reactor is replaced with nitrogen twice to exhaust the air from the system. After sealing, the reaction is carried out at 230°C and 2Mpa. The reaction proceeds. After 6h, keep holding for 50min, then lower the temperature to below 160℃, then reduce the pressure in the kettle to normal pressure, add 400ml of distilled water and stir for 30min to obtain an aqueous solution of potassium isooctanoate.
Transfer the potassium isooctanoate aqueous solution to the flask, slowly add 212g of 94wt% formic acid solution under stirring, control the reaction temperature to 60℃, react for 30min, transfer to a separatory funnel, stand for 30min, separate the water phase by layer, Simple concentration to obtain potassium formate solution (the solution can be sold directly as a commercial product or concentrated to a certain concentration such as 74%); the oil phase is washed twice with 60g distilled water to obtain crude isooctanoic acid, and the unreacted alcohol is removed by vacuum distillation, and the product is obtained by rectification The finished product of isooctanoic acid is 542 g, and the weight yield based on isooctyl alcohol is 108.4%, and the molar yield is 97.92%.
What is Metal Ethyl Caproate?
2-Ethylcaproic acid forms a compound with metal cations, and its stoichiometry is metal acetate. These ethylcaproic acid complexes are used in organic and industrial chemical synthesis. They act as catalysts in polymerization and “oil desiccants” in oxidation. They are highly soluble in nonpolar solvents. These metal complexes are often described as salts. However, they are not ionic, but charge neutral coordination compounds. Their structure is similar to that of the corresponding acetate.
Examples of metal ethyl caproate
- Bis (2-ethylcaproic acid) hydroxy aluminum, used as thickener
- Tin (II) Ethylhexanoate (CAS 301-10-0), a catalyst for polylactide and poly (lactic acid co glycolic acid)
- Cobalt (II) Ethylhexanoate (CAS 136-52-7), a drying agent for alkyd resin
- Nickel (II) Ethylhexanoate (CAS 4454-16-4)
- Wikipedia – 2-Ethylhexanoic acid
- Riemenschneider, Wilhelm (2002). “Carboxylic Acids, Aliphatic”. Ullmann’s Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry. Weinheim: Wiley-VCH. doi:10.1002/14356007.a05_235.
- Raju, Ravinder; Prasad, Kapa (2012). “Synthetic applications of 2-ethylhexanoic acid derived reagents”. Tetrahedron. 68 (5): 1341–1349. doi:10.1016/j.tet.2011.10.078
- Coulembier, O.; Degee, P.; Hedrick, J. L.; Dubois, P. (2006). “Controlled Ring-Opening Polymerization to Biodegradable Aliphatic Polyester: Especially Poly(Β-Malic Acid) Derivatives”. Prog. Polym. Sci. 31: 723–747. doi:10.1016/j.progpolymsci.2006.08.004.
2-Ethylhexanoic Acid Supplier and Manufacturer
As a 2-ethylhexanoic acid supplier and manufacturer with a strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best 2-ethylhexanoic acid raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have a demand for 2-ethylhexanoic acid and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, and we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.