1-Methoxy-2-Propanol CAS 107-98-2 Propylene Glycol Methyl Ether
Factory Supply 1-Methoxy-2-Propanol CAS 107-98-2 Propylene Glycol Methyl Ether with Best Price
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: 1-Methoxy-2-Propanol Supplement
1-Methoxy-2-Propanol: The Complete Guide
Index of 1-Methoxy-2-Propanol Contents
1-Methoxy-2-Propanol for Sale
Basic Info of 1-Methoxy-2-Propanol
Propylene glycol methyl ether; 2 methoxy propanol
Pesticide intermediates; Pharmaceutical raw materials; Organic raw materials
What is 1-Methoxy-2-Propanol?
The toxicity of propylene glycol ether to human body is lower than that of glycol ether products, and it is a low-toxic ether. Propylene glycol methyl ether has a weak ethereal odor, but no strong pungent odor, making it more widely used and safe. Propylene glycol methyl ether is an environmentally friendly natural solvent, which is commonly used in chemical production.
Propylene glycol methyl ether has a weak ethereal odor, but no strong pungent odor, making it more widely used and safe. Because its molecular structure has both ether groups and hydroxyl groups, it has excellent solubility, suitable volatilization rate and reactivity, and is widely used.
Propylene Glycol Methyl Ether Uses
- 1-Methoxy-2-propanol is an intermediate for the herbicide metolachlor.
- Propylene glycol methyl ether is mostly utilized as an exceptional solvent for nitrocellulose, alkyd resin and also maleic anhydride-modified phenolic material, as an additive for jet fuel antifreeze and brake liquid, and so on; mainly as solvent, dispersant as well as diluent It is likewise made use of as fuel antifreeze, extractant, etc.
- Propylene glycol methyl ether is made use of as solvent; dispersant or diluent is used in coatings, inks, printing as well as dyeing, chemicals, cellulose and acrylate industries. It can likewise be utilized as fuel antifreeze, cleansing representative, extractant and also non-ferrous steel clothing representative.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy 1-methoxy-2-propanol, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of 1-Methoxy-2-Propanol
Propylene Glycol Methyl Ether Acetate (PMA) is an important high-grade solvent with strong solubility for both polar and non-polar substances. Its solubility is much higher than that of general solvents, propylene glycol ethers and ethylene glycol ethers, and it has good miscibility with water. PMA can be used as a solvent for cellulose, polymers, rubber and natural macromolecules. Because propylene glycol methyl ether acetate has the characteristics of high solubility, good environmental protection performance, excellent thermal stability, and small viscosity change, it is widely used in coatings, inks, printing and dyeing, pesticides and other fields, and is replacing the more toxic glycol ethers. and its ester solvents. At present, propylene glycol methyl ether (PM) and acetate are mainly used to synthesize PMA in industry, and traditional concentrated sulfuric acid catalyst is used in the synthesis process. This process has the problems of serious corrosion of equipment by concentrated sulfuric acid, complicated post-treatment process of reactants, generation of waste residue and waste liquid to pollute the environment, low product yield, high production cost and poor efficiency.
CN200510039023.4 provides a new technology that can avoid above-mentioned defects, pollution-free and low consumption for the synthesis of propylene glycol methyl ether acetate (PMA). In the present invention, propylene glycol methyl ether, acetic acid and toluene are firstly esterified under the catalysis of p-toluenesulfonic acid, and then the excess propylene glycol methyl ether is recovered through a light-removing tower and then rectified to obtain propylene glycol methyl ether acetate. In the present invention, the development and research of a new type of catalyst is carried out in view of the problems that the traditional sulfuric acid catalyst used in the synthesis of PMA has the problems of polluting the environment and affecting the products. As a catalyst, p-toluenesulfonic acid has high catalytic activity, good selectivity and high product yield for synthesizing PMA; it is non-corrosive to the existing PMA production equipment with a material of 316L; the reactants do not need to be neutralized and desalted, and there is no waste residue, The waste liquid is discharged, and the catalyst can be recycled. The successful development of the catalyst makes the production of PMA an advanced green chemistry, which greatly simplifies the post-treatment process of PMA production and greatly improves the economic benefits of PMA production. The present invention has the advantages that traditional catalysts cannot be replaced in terms of improving the selectivity and conversion rate of the reaction process, economy, optimizing the design of the reaction process, simplifying the post-processing process and recycling of non-product components, and showing good industrial performance. application prospects.
Recovery Method of 1-Methoxy-2-Propanol
A large amount of propylene glycol methyl ether waste liquid will be generated in the chemical production process of coating preparation, papermaking chemical production, paper surface treatment, etc. The research and recovery of propylene glycol methyl ether is of great significance, which not only has very considerable economic benefits, but also is more conducive to environmental protection.
The boiling point of propylene glycol methyl ether is 118~119℃, which is very close to the boiling point of benzene and toluene, and is miscible with water. Therefore, in the experimental process of recovering propylene glycol methyl ether, the effective separation of propylene glycol methyl ether from benzene and toluene is a difficulty. Xi Wei et al. adopted the azeotropic distillation technology, and under the condition of adding an appropriate amount of anhydrous ethanol azeotrope to the waste liquid, the high-purity target product could be separated in the form of continuous distillation with relatively stable yield. The conditions are as follows:
- The rectification tower is controlled according to the intermittent production process, and the raw material liquid is added from the tower kettle at one time to reduce unnecessary contact and pollution with the pipeline.
- Heating slowly and control the steam pressure at 0.3～0.4MPa.
- After the low-boiling fraction is distilled off at the top of the tower, complete reflux is carried out, and the total reflux time is set to 36~60min.
- After the temperature at the top of the column is stable, open the valve of the distillate at the top of the column, control the reflux ratio from 1:1 to 1:0.5, and record the temperature.
- When the temperature at the top of the tower is less than 110 °C, the light components are distilled out, and 110~115 °C is regarded as a suspicious component. It is confirmed by sampling and analysis in two stages. The fractions greater than 115 °C are regarded as genuine products. The detection determines the value of the tower top temperature in the later stage.