Valerophenone CAS 1009-14-9
Factory Supply Valerophenone CAS 1009-14-9 with Best Price
- Appearance: Clear light yellow to yellow-green liquid
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Valerophenone Supplement
Valerophenone: The Complete Guide
Index of Valerophenone Contents
Valerophenone for Sale
Basic Info of Valerophenone
1-Phenyl-1-pentanone; pentanophenone; 1-pentan-1-one; 1-phenylpentan-1-one; butyl phenone
Food additives; Pharmaceutical raw materials; Flavor and Fragrance; Inorganic Salt
What is Valerophenone?
Pentanone or butyl phenyl ketone is an aromatic ketone with the molecular formula C 6 h 5 C (o) C 4 H9. It is usually prepared by acylation of benzene with valeryl chloride.
Valerophenone is an organic intermediate, which can be prepared from benzene and n-valeryl chloride through Friedel-Crafts reaction, or from methyl benzoate through Grignard reaction.
- 1-Phenyl-1-pentanone can be made use of as natural synthesis intermediate as well as pharmaceutical intermediate, which can be used in laboratory r & d process and also chemical and also pharmaceutical synthesis procedure.
- Valerophenone is an organic chemical reagent that can be used in organic synthesis.
- Valerophenone is an organic intermediate, which can be prepared from benzene and n-valeryl chloride through Friedel-Crafts reaction, or from methyl benzoate through Grignard reaction.
- Pentanone is an aromatic ketone. It is used as a tool to study various photochemical processes 3. It is also an inhibitor of the enzyme carbonyl reductase 1. Pentanone is used as an intermediate of liquid crystal 2.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy valerophenone, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Preparation of Valerophenone
Add 156g benzene, 900mL dichloromethane and 146.5g anhydrous aluminum trichloride into a 2L three-necked flask, cool down to 0-5°C, slowly add 120.5g n-valeryl chloride dropwise, keep the internal temperature 0-10 °C. After the dropwise addition, the temperature was raised to 40 °C, and the reaction was stirred for 2 h. Under ice bath cooling, 500 mL of 1N hydrochloric acid solution was slowly added dropwise, and the solution was separated after the dropwise addition was completed. The aqueous phase was extracted with an additional 400 mL of DCM. After combining the organic phases, concentrate under reduced pressure and distill to obtain 142 g of valerophenone with a yield of 87%.
- Report two
Dissolve 6.3 ml (0.05 mol) of methyl benzoate and 0.05 g of cuprous iodide in anhydrous tetrahydrofuran, and add dropwise 0.05 mol (diethyl ether solution prepared with 1.2 g of magnesium metal and a corresponding amount of n-butane bromide) Alkyl Grignard reagent, titrating Grignard reagent for about half an hour, and then reacting for about three hours to finally obtain 7.8 g of the target product, valerophenone, with a yield of 96%.
- Valerophenone – PubChem
- [China Invention, China Invention Authorization] CN200610041974.X Selective alkylation of acid anhydride or ester
- Milstein, D.; Stille, J. K. (1978). “A general, selective, and facile method for ketone synthesis from acid chlorides and organotin compounds catalyzed by palladium”. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 100 (11): 3636–3638. doi:10.1021/ja00479a077.