Wonderful Use of Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate
What is Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate?
Sodium cocoyl isethionate is a fine white powder extracted from coconut oil. It’s a sodium salt known to be mild on the skin. That the process involved mixing a natural sulfonic acid called hydroxyethyl sulfonic acid with fatty acids naturally found in coconut oil. Most commonly, you will find this ingredient on the back of shampoo, shower gel, detergent and soap bar because it is considered a surfactant.
Surfactants are used as cleaners because they mix well with oil and water. This ingredient can be mixed with oil to remove dirt from your face and help wash away any residue left over during the day. In particular, sodium cocoyl isethionate is a mild surfactant, so it can reduce the risk of skin irritation. Other surfactants, such as sulfates, tend to irritate the skin, depriving it of natural oils and damaging the skin barrier. However, this special surfactant is not the case. In fact, it may help make the skin feel smooth and moist without peeling off the skin.
It is also a good emulsifier, which can effectively foam and produce rich foam when cleaning. It is used as an emulsifier in products because it reduces surface tension and helps remove grease and dirt from the skin. This ingredient helps to reduce the surface tension of the water every time it is pumped or squeezed, which is why it makes the cleaner easier to blister and apply. In other words, sodium cocoyl isethionate is the reason why the product foams so luxuriously when applied.
Table of Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate
Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate for Sale
Skin Benefits of Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate
Sodium cocoyl isethionate is good for almost all skin types, especially sensitive or dry skin types. Some of these benefits include:
- Produce silky foam: sodium cocoyl isethionate can reduce the surface tension of water and make the product easier to apply on the face. It gently cleanses and lathers away excess hair.
- Add water and moisture: sodium cocoyl isethionate has high foaming ability, which can produce stable, rich and velvety foam without dehydrating the skin. It will not dry your skin like other surfactants, but make your skin feel moist and moist without any irritation, redness or dryness.
- Gently remove dirt, grease and other deposits: by combining water and oil, sodium cocoyl isethionate can help remove any cosmetic residues, dirt or dirt on the face, body or scalp. This means it’s a reagent that helps remove dirt and grease through product emulsification.
- Prevent damage to the skin barrier: unlike other more demanding surfactants, sodium cocoyl isethionate is milder to the skin. In return, it gently cleans the skin without damaging the moisture barrier or taking away any moisture.
Side Effects of Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate
So far, there are no known side effects associated with the use of sodium cocoyl isethionate. However, if you are allergic to coconut, you should avoid this ingredient. Since sodium cocoyl isethionate comes from coconut oil, anyone allergic to coconut should avoid using it. Another thing to note: if you overuse this ingredient, it may dry out, especially for those with natural or thick hair. If you often use it on dry hair types, it may peel off the natural oil from your hair, so be careful.
How to Use it?
Due to its mild nature, sodium cocoyl isethionate can be used every day. For shower gel, choose to use it twice a day. If it’s a cleanser, you can only use it twice a day at most.
Make sure that the SCI content of the bottle does not exceed 50% before use, as it may dry. This ingredient is found in shampoos, shower gels, detergents and soap bars, so integrating it into your daily life is indeed a relaxed product with significant returns.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- Weixin: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209