Polychloroprene CAS 9010-98-4
Factory Supply Polychloroprene CAS 9010-98-4 with Best Price
- Appearance: White chunks
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Polychloroprene Supplement
Polychloroprene: The Complete Guide
Polychloroprene for Sale
Basic Info of Polychloroprene
What is Polychloroprene?
Neoprene rubber, abbreviated as CA, is obtained by emulsion polymerization of 2-chloro-1,3-butadiene monomer, which can be modified with sulfur and 2,3-dichloro-1,3-butadiene. Neoprene rubber has high tensile strength, heat resistance, light resistance, aging resistance and oil resistance are superior to natural rubber and butyl rubber. It has strong flame resistance and excellent flame retardancy, high chemical stability and good water resistance. However, the current chloroprene rubber still generally has defects such as poor electrical insulation performance, poor cold resistance, and unstable storage of raw rubber.
Polychloroprene was discovered in 1930 at EI DuPont de Nemours Co. in Wilmington, Delaware. This discovery stems from the need to develop synthetic substitutes for natural rubber. DuPont first named this commercially successful synthetic elastomer duprene in 1933. In response to the development of new technologies that significantly improved products and manufacturing processes, it was renamed neoprene in 1936. At present, the common name of such chlorinated elastomers that are commercially acceptable is Cr or neoprene.
Neoprene is a synthetic rubber. Direct organized alpha-polymers prepared from 2-chloro-1,3-butadiene by solution polymerization. They both work as vulcanizing agents and also increase resistance to thermal aging. It is not only comparable to natural rubber in physical and mechanical buildings, yet additionally has oil resistance, solvent resistance, oxidation resistance, aging resistance, acid resistance, alkali resistance, warm resistance, flame resistance and also flexural resistance that all-natural rubber and also other general synthetic rubbers do not have. It can be utilized as both basic rubber and special rubber for the manufacture of rubber products such as conveyor belts, tubes, publishing rubber rollers, cable televisions as well as aircraft fuel storage tanks.
Neoprene has a large range of uses, primarily utilized as cord and also wire sheaths, rubber hose pipes, oil-resistant rubber products, heat-resistant conveyor belts, publishing rubber sticks, rubber dams, building and construction sealing strips, road caulking sealants, bridge bearings, as well as oil areas. Waterproof caps, fire resistant rubber products, numerous gaskets, anti-corrosion cellular linings for chemical devices and also neoprene adhesives, and so on. Recently, neoprene has been turned into new usages in construction waterproofing materials, sealing materials, adhesives, marine advancement, medical as well as healthcare, energy advancement as well as individuals’s lives, expanding the application area.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy polychloroprene, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Polychloroprene
Examples of excellent weather resistance of neoprene include wires and cables, and their actual use time is as long as 20 to 30 years.
In terms of weather resistance in a broad sense, it should have the properties of UV resistance, heat resistance, cold resistance, water erosion resistance, sand erosion resistance and wind erosion resistance, as well as ozone aging resistance and other properties. The volume glue content of the weather resistance formula is generally more than 50%. When the weather resistance is required to be high, the carbon black formula should be used, and at least 10 parts of fine particle furnace carbon black should be used. Inorganic fillers are preferably clay and calcium silicate. The formula of light-colored products needs to be combined with ultraviolet shielding agent, and iron oxide red, phthalocyanine blue, titanium dioxide, etc. can be used. Anti-aging agent can be used together with heat-resistant and flex-resistant anti-aging agent (amine anti-aging agent) and anti-ozone anti-aging agent (p-phenylenediamine anti-aging agent).
Commonly used are antioxidants A, D, 4010, 4010NA, etc. The dosage of the first two is 1 to 2 parts, the dosage of antioxidant 4010 is 1.5 to 2.0 parts, and the amount of antioxidant 4010NA can be used to 5 parts. Softeners should be saturated hydrocarbons, such as paraffin, Vaseline, etc.
The main points of improving the ozone resistance of neoprene rubber are: adopt a formula with high glue content, the filler should be dispersed evenly, maintain a minimum set elongation performance, and use a strong anti-ozone antioxidant and paraffin to form a protective film on the surface of the product, and In product design, it is in a state of unstressed, etc.
Neoprene is often used to manufacture products such as heat-resistant conveyor belts, hoses, and rubber rollers. After the glue is heated, the rigidity increases, the tensile stress and hardness increase, and the tensile strength and elongation decrease. Usually, as long as the elongation is not extremely reduced, it will not hinder use. Therefore, the key to heat resistant formulations is to maintain elongation and minimize hardening. However, from a practical point of view, other physical properties should also be considered, such as resilience, flexural cracking, compression set resistance, etc. These physical properties can be inferred from changes in hardness and elongation.
It is better to use magnesium oxide and zinc oxide system for the vulcanization system, which is not much different from the lead oxide system. The use of 10 to 15 parts of zinc oxide can improve the heat resistance of the rubber compound, especially to maintain its elasticity. Sulfur or compounds that emit sulfur will reduce heat resistance and make the compound hard. Accelerator NA-22 has the best heat resistance effect, and the dosage is 0.75-1.0 parts, which can be used alone or in combination with DM.
Neoprene rubber is often used as seals, gaskets, gaskets, pads, backing plates and other products, and it pays more attention to compression set. As long as the neoprene is properly formulated, its compression set resistance can completely exceed that of natural rubber. The main points of its recipe are as follows.
- When mixed with carbon black, the compression set of non-sulfur-adjusted neoprene is smaller than that of sulfur-adjusted neoprene; when mixed with inorganic fillers, the two are roughly equivalent; when low-temperature compression set is required, it should be Use anti-crystalline neoprene, preferably with sulfur.
- The degree of vulcanization should be high, which can be achieved by extending the vulcanization time, increasing the vulcanization temperature, and increasing the amount of accelerator.
- Soft carbon black is used for carbon black, and moderate dosage is very effective. Inorganic fillers are not effective, and calcined clay has a certain effect, but it reduces the strength and elongation properties of the rubber compound.
- Accelerator NA-22 is generally used. If trimethylthiourea is used, the compression set is very small, but the storage stability and elongation are poor. It is best not to use sulfur or sulfuric ointments that release sulfur as accelerators. Among the metal oxides, magnesium oxide and zinc oxide systems are better, and lead oxide systems are worse. Five, flexural crack resistant rubber.
If the elastomer is placed at low temperature, it will lose its characteristic elasticity and harden. In order to distinguish the properties of elastomers at low temperature, it is divided into crystallization (primary transition point) and vitrified neoprene placed at low temperature, which gradually loses rubber elasticity and becomes plastic. It is called rigidification; then it loses toughness and becomes very resistant to deformation, and it is brittle under the action of impact force, which is called embrittlement. The physical phenomena manifested by the glass transition of neoprene include rigidity and embrittlement. Generally, the embrittlement temperature is several degrees lower than the rigidity temperature.
Because neoprene contains chlorine, it has the property of isolating the fire source, that is, self-extinguishing and non-spontaneous combustion. It is often used as flame-resistant rubber products, such as flame-resistant conveyor belts, cable jackets, etc. Antimony trioxide is often used as a flame retardant in the formula. It can combine with chlorine in neoprene rubber to form ladder chloride, which is covered on the surface of the rubber to block the invasion of oxygen and has excellent flame resistance. The dosage of 10-20 parts will not affect the physical properties of the rubber. Zinc borate also improves flame resistance, it melts during combustion and forms a masking film that covers the surface and blocks fuel. The dosage is generally 10 servings. Inorganic fillers have higher flame resistance than carbon black, clay and calcium silicate have better flame resistance, and aluminum hydroxide has better flame resistance. Petroleum plasticizers used as softeners have a combustion-supporting effect. Chlorinated paraffin can decompose at a temperature lower than the decomposition temperature of chloroprene rubber, releasing incombustible gas and reducing flammability. In addition, tricresyl phosphate also has strong flame resistance.
Preparation of Polychloroprene
A production method of chloroprene rubber, is characterized in that, step is as follows:
- Preparation: after the purified chloroprene is dried and cooled, it is metered into the oil phase preparation kettle, sulfur is added according to the formula, rosin is added after dissolving, and the oil phase is prepared with demineralized water, sodium hydroxide , The dispersant is prepared into the water phase, and the initiator solution and the terminator solution are prepared at the same time;
- Polymerization: after the oil phase and the water phase are mixed and emulsified in the emulsifying tank, are sent into the polymerization tank, add the initiator solution, and carry out polymerization at 35-45 ℃ for 2-2.5h;
- Termination and chain scission: when the latex relative density reaches 1.068, the polymerization reaction is terminated to the latex main terminator, then the latex is put into the chain scission tank, the chain is interrupted in an alkaline medium, and the end point is controlled by plasticity;
- Coagulation and drying: The latex after chain scission is sent to the coagulation tank, and acts with the coagulant composed of sodium chloride and calcium chloride, so that the rubber is precipitated in small particles, and then it is washed, squeezed, dehydrated, dried, dusted, Cut and packaged into finished products.