Paraformaldehyde CAS 30525-89-4 PFA
Factory Supply Paraformaldehyde CAS 30525-89-4 with Best Price
- Appearance: White powder
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Paraformaldehyde Supplement
Paraformaldehyde: The Complete Guide
Index of Paraformaldehyde Contents
Paraformaldehyde for Sale
Basic Info of Paraformaldehyde
Paraformaldehyde solution; paraformaldehyde sigma; para formaldehyde; paraformaldehyde pfa; Polyoxymethylene; PFA
Inorganic salts; Pharmaceutical, pesticide, dye intermediates
What is Paraformaldehyde?
Paraformaldehyde (IUPAC named Polyoxymethylene, POM) is a polymer of formaldehyde (high molecular weight polyoxymethylene), with a general structural length of eight to one hundred units. Long-chain paraformaldehyde is commonly used in heat-resistant plastics, also known as polyoxymethylene plastics (POE, Derlin produced by DuPont). Paraformaldehyde decomposes quickly and releases slightly odorous formaldehyde.
Paraformaldehyde (molecular formula HO-(CH2O)n-H, where n is the level of polymerization, and also the worth of n ranges from 8 to 100), also referred to as polyoxymethylene, polyoxymethylene, polyacetal, solid formaldehyde, is a white Formed granule or powder, quickly soluble in hot water, somewhat soluble in cold water, soluble in dilute acid and water down alkali. Its injury to the body is the same as that of formaldehyde, and there is additionally a dust risk. Its chemical homes and uses are basically similar to formaldehyde, and also it is an exceptional replacement for commercial formaldehyde remedy. It is widely utilized in the synthesis that calls for making use of anhydrous formaldehyde as a basic material.
- Paraformaldehyde is additionally made use of to crosslink proteins with DNA, such as in chip (chromatin immunoprecipitation), a strategy to figure out which part of DNA some healthy proteins bind to. Paraformaldehyde can change water-based formaldehyde to create resin bonding materials.
- Paraformaldehyde is not a fixative; It has to depolymerize right into formaldehyde in solution. In cell culture, a regular formaldehyde addiction procedure includes making use of a phosphate buffered saline (PBS) service of 4% formaldehyde on ice for 10 mins. In the prep work of histological as well as pathological specimens, 10% neutral buffered formalin (4% formaldehyde) is usually made use of for the addiction step for a minimum of 24 hr.
- When the paraformaldehyde is depolymerized, the created formaldehyde can be made use of as fumigant, anti-bacterial, bactericide and also fixative.
- Polyoxymethylene with lengthy chain length (high molecular weight) is made use of as polycarbonate, which is called polyoxymethylene plastic (POM, Delrin). It used to be made use of in the well known Sargenti origin canal therapy.
- Paraformaldehyde is primarily used in the manufacturing and use of herbicides, and is also utilized in the preparation of artificial resins (such as artificial horn products or man-made ivory) and adhesives.
- Paraformaldehyde is used in the pharmaceutical market (the energetic component of contraceptive lotion) as well as the disinfection of pharmacies, clothing as well as bed linen, etc. Paraformaldehyde can also be utilized as fumigant disinfectant, bactericide and insecticide.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy paraformaldehyde, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Paraformaldehyde
Paraformaldehyde is solid formaldehyde with high formaldehyde web content in solid granular kind, which is convenient for storage space as well as transportation. It can become formaldehyde vapor at greater temperature, which is very easy to change high-concentration formaldehyde to take part in different responses, which is beneficial to chemical synthesis such as chemical sector, drug store as well as other commercial applications, specifically in the synthesis that calls for the use of anhydrous formaldehyde as resources, Wide variety of uses.
- Pesticides: Synthesis of acetochlor, butachlor and glyphosate, etc.
- Coatings: Synthesis of high-grade automobile paints.
- Resins: Synthesis of urea-formaldehyde material, phenolic resin, polyacetal material, melamine resin, ion exchange material, etc and different adhesives.
- Papermaking: artificial paper strengthening agent.
- Shop: sand casting release representative, synthetic shop adhesive.
- Tank farming: smoked Steam disinfectant.
- Organic basic materials: used for the prep work of pentaerythritol, trimethylolpropane, glycerol, acrylic acid, methyl acrylate, methacrylic acid, N-hydroxymethacrylamide, alkylphenol, methyl vinyl ketone, etc.
- Others: medication as well as sanitation.
Preparation of Paraformaldehyde
S1. Ingredients: First, add urotropine with a mass content of 0.8% to a 37% formaldehyde solution. Then, the 37% formaldehyde solution mixed with urotropine is heated to about 55 degrees, and the solution is continuously stirred to make the solution in a uniform state.
S2. Evaporation and concentration: The 37% formaldehyde solution is transported to a falling film evaporator and a steam separator in turn with a centrifugal pump for concentration. In the falling film evaporator, the 37% formaldehyde solution is concentrated to 58%, and in the evaporation separator The 58% formaldehyde solution is purely separated from the formaldehyde vapor; the formaldehyde solution with a concentration of 58% is transported from the steam separator to the concentration kettle for secondary concentration; the formaldehyde solution with a concentration of 58% is concentrated to the concentration again in the concentration kettle was 79%.
S3. Spray granulation: spray granulation is carried out in a spray granulation tower through two-stage concentrated formaldehyde solution. The above-mentioned concentrated 79% formaldehyde solution is transported to the spray granulation device through a high-pressure pump, and the material is fed from the top of the granulation tower, and nitrogen is introduced into the tower. Can prevent dust explosion and high oxygen concentration. In addition, the temperature in the spray tower was 120°C, the spray angle was kept at 30° from the vertical direction, and the temperature of the nitrogen gas introduced into the tower was 40°C. Finally, the gas discharged from the spray granulation tower is separated by a cyclone to remove the solid-phase paraformaldehyde carried by it, and the separated paraformaldehyde is sent to a vibrating far-infrared dryer to be dried to the finished paraformaldehyde. The gas from the cyclone separator can be sent to the washing, separation and purification equipment to remove the gas-phase formaldehyde component in the gas, and then discharged to the atmosphere, and the dried paraformaldehyde is further sent to the vibrating far-infrared dryer for drying;
S4. Far-infrared drying: The paraformaldehyde after spray granulation and solidification is dried in a vibrating far-infrared dryer to further remove the bound water contained in the paraformaldehyde. A two-stage heating method is adopted, including a first-stage drying section. and secondary drying section. The temperature of the primary drying section is controlled at 60° C., and it is dried to paraformaldehyde with a mass content of 90%. The temperature of the secondary drying section is controlled at 80°C, and the paraformaldehyde is finally dried to a finished product with a weight content of 93%. Finally, N2 with a temperature of 30°C is passed into the vibration far-infrared dryer as the cooling after drying. medium to cool the finished paraformaldehyde. In addition, the gas discharged from the vibrating far-infrared dryer can be separated and removed by the cyclone to remove the carried solid-phase paraformaldehyde, and the separated paraformaldehyde can directly enter the finished paraformaldehyde. The gas from the cyclone separator can enter the washing, separation and purification equipment together with the gas discharged from the cyclone separator used to process the gas of the granulation operation unit to remove the gas-phase formaldehyde components in the gas, and then discharge to the atmosphere.