Methyl Cellulose CAS 9004-67-5
Factory Supply Methyl Cellulose CAS 9004-67-5 with Best Price
- Appearance: White powder
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Methyl Cellulose Supplement
Methyl Cellulose: The Complete Guide
Index of Methyl Cellulose Contents
Methyl Cellulose for Sale
Basic Info of Methyl Cellulose
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose; methylcellulose fiber; hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose; carboxy methyl cellulose; methylcellulose powder
Pharmaceutical intermediates; Pharmaceutical raw materials
What is Methyl Cellulose?
Methyl cellulose (or methylcellulose) is a compound originated from cellulose. It is sold under a variety of brand name. It is utilized as a thickener as well as emulsifier in different foods and also cosmetics, as well as also as a laxative wholesale. Like cellulose, it is not easy to absorb, safe, nor is it an allergen.
Methyl cellulose, additionally known as cellulose methyl ether, referred to as MC (acronym of MethylCellulose), is a long-chain substituted cellulose. The typical molecular weight of methylcellulose is 10,000 to 220,000. It is a white powder or coarse compound at room temperature level. It is non-toxic, non-irritating, and also non-allergic. The apparent relative thickness is 0.35-0.55 (the reality is 1.26-1.30). It swells in water into a transparent viscous colloidal option, neutral to litmus, insoluble in ethanol, ether as well as chloroform, and soluble in antarctic acetic acid. It is immune to acid, alkali, microbes, warm, light, etc, and is not affected by oil and grease, but it will melt when it gets to the ignition point.
Methyl Cellulose Uses
- Methyl cellulose is widely used in the construction industry, such as as a binder for cement, mortar, joint desliming, etc. It is used as a film former and adhesive in the cosmetic, pharmaceutical and food industries.
- Methyl cellulose is used as sizing agent for textile printing and dyeing, synthetic resin dispersant, coating film former and thickener. Alkali cellulose is prepared from pulp, which is then reacted with methyl chloride or dimethyl sulfate in an autoclave, and then refined with warm water.
- Because this product is indigestible in the body, it can maintain several times of water and cause satiety. It can be used in soda biscuits, waffles, etc. to make therapeutic food.
- Methyl fiber is a very stable substance, resistant to acid, alkali, microorganisms, heat, etc. In the human body, it is excreted completely unchanged.
- Pulse field capillary electrophoresis was performed on kilobase nucleotides in dilute methylcellulose solution, and bone marrow cells were cultured in semi-solid methylcellulose medium.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy methyl cellulose, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of Methyl Cellulose
Methylcellulose is used to treat constipation. The effect usually occurs within three days. Take it orally. It is recommended to take it with enough water. Side effects may include abdominal pain. It is classified as a laxative in bulk. Its function is to increase the amount of feces, thereby improving intestinal contraction.
Artificial tears and saliva
The lubricating properties of methylcellulose are particularly beneficial for the treatment of dry eye. If the natural production of these liquids is disturbed, use a solution containing methylcellulose or similar cellulose derivatives as a substitute for tears or saliva.
Methylcellulose is used to make drug capsules; Its edible and non-toxic properties provide a vegetarian alternative to gelatin.
What is the Difference between Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose and Methyl cellulose?
The cellulose ether is obtained from pure cotton fiber through alkali treatment, methyl chloride as etherification agent, and methyl cellulose MC is obtained through a series of reactions. The general degree of substitution is 1.6~2.0, and the solubility of the degree of substitution varies.
- The water content of methyl cellulose depends on the addition amount, viscosity, particle size and solubility. The addition of water is large, the fineness is small, the viscosity is large, and the water retention performance is good. In the water retention test, the addition amount had the greatest influence on the water retention, while the viscosity had no direct relationship with the water retention. The water content of methyl cellulose ether and hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose were both higher.
- Methylcellulose is soluble in cold water but not easy to dissolve in hot water, and its aqueous solution has good stability in the range of pH=3~12. It has good compatibility and can be compatible with surfactants such as starch and fatty acid glue. When the gelation temperature reaches a certain level, the phenomenon of gelation occurs.
- The change of temperature will seriously affect the ability of methyl cellulose to store water. When the temperature is above 40 ℃, the water-retention performance of methyl cellulose decreases significantly, which has a great impact on the structural properties of the mortar.
Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose HPMC prepares a non-ionic mixed ether through a series of reactions under alkaline conditions, using propylene oxide and methyl chloride as etherifying agents. Generally, the degree of substitution is usually between 1.2 and 2.0, and the ratio of methoxyl content to hydroxypropyl content is different, and its properties are also different.
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is easily soluble in cold water, but difficult to dissolve in hot water.
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is stable to acid and alkali, and its aqueous solution is very stable between pH=2~12. Sodium salt and lime water also have little effect on its performance, but can speed up its dissolution. For general salts, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is stable, but when the concentration of the salt solution is higher, the viscosity of the hydroxypropyl methylcellulose solution is higher.
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose has better resistance to enzymes, and its enzymatic degradation ability in solution is lower than that of methylcellulose.