Mercury(II) Selenide CAS 20601-83-6 HgSe
Factory Supply Mercury(II) Selenide CAS 20601-83-6 HgSe with Best Price
- Appearance: Gray powder
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
Mercury(II) Selenide: The Complete Guide
Index of Mercury(II) Selenide Contents
Request A Free Quote
Basic Info of Mercury(II) Selenide
What is Mercury(II) Selenide?
The chemical formula of mercury selenide is HgSe. Molecular weight 279.55. Gray-black square crystal. Toxic! Specific gravity 8.266. Sublimation in nitrogen, carbon dioxide atmosphere or vacuum heating to about 600 ° C, the sublimation is purple-black. Insoluble in water, soluble in ammonium selenide solution. It is obtained by adding dilute mercuric chloride solution dropwise to saturated hydrogen selenide solution or heating stoichiometric amounts of mercury and selenium to 550-600 ℃ in a sealed tube. is a semiconductor material. Used in the manufacture of solar cells, thin film transistors, infrared detectors and ultrasonic amplifiers.
Mercury(II) Selenide Uses
Mercury Selenide, as a semi-metallic material, is used in the manufacture of solar cells, thin film transistors, infrared detectors and ultrasonic amplifiers. It is also used to make Hall-effect high-strength films and analytical reagents. Currently, there are no patents and literature reports on the use of HgSe as a photocatalyst for the degradation of dye pollutants.
Mercury Selenide is used as a photocatalyst to degrade organic dye pollutants, and the specific application steps are:
- At room temperature (20-25°C), irradiated with visible light, using organic dye pollutants as substrates and HgSe as photocatalysts for photocatalytic degradation.
- Activity evaluation of HgSe photocatalyst: The degradation rate of organic dye pollutants was measured, and its activity was measured by the time required for complete degradation.
In the application of the above-mentioned mercury selenide, the organic dye pollutants are rhodamine B or/and methyl orange. In the application of the above mercury selenide, the wavelength of the visible light is greater than 420 nm.
Production Method of Mercury(II) Selenide
- Add the dilute solution of HgCl2 dropwise to the saturated aqueous H2Se solution under the condition of isolation of air to obtain the HgSe precipitated product. Note that HgCl2 should not be excessive, and high concentration of HgCl2 solution should not be used, otherwise HgCl2·2HgSe will be precipitated. 2. Add HgCl2 into the strong ammoniacal NaCN solution according to the stoichiometric ratio, and then add an equivalent amount of SeO.
- After the mixed solution was filtered, SO2 gas was introduced. During the whole reaction process, keep the solution alkaline Chemicalbook to prevent the red selenium from precipitating out. The endpoint of the reaction can be determined by the decrease in the rate of SO2 uptake. After the reaction, the black HgSe was suction filtered, washed with a dilute NaCN solution containing ammonia, then washed with distilled water, and finally dried in a desiccator filled with P2O5.
- Put Hg and Se into a closed high-pressure container according to the stoichiometric ratio, carry out the reaction at a temperature of 550-600 ℃, and then sublime and purify the product in a pure N2 gas stream at 600-650 ℃ to obtain pure HgSe products.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Phone: +86 176-5311 3209
WhatsApp: +86 176-5311 3209