Hydroxypropyl Cellulose CAS 9004-64-2 HPC
Factory Supply Hydroxypropyl Cellulose CAS 9004-64-2 HPC with Best Price
- Appearance: White powder
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Hydroxypropyl Cellulose Supplier & Manufacturer
Hydroxypropyl Cellulose: The Complete Guide
Hydroxypropyl Cellulose for Sale
|Chemical Name:||Hydroxypropyl Cellulose|
|Other Name:||Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose; Low-Substituted Hydroxypropyl cellulose; HPC|
|Type:||Food additives; Feed additives; Pharmaceutical raw materials; organic raw materials; Synthetic Material Intermediates|
What is Hydroxypropyl Cellulose?
Hydroxypropyl cellulose is a white or beige powder, insoluble in benzene as well as ether at room temperature level, soluble in polar organic solvents such as water, methanol, ethanol, isopropanol, as well as can be utilized in medicine, paint, cosmetics, food and Papermaking and also other fields.
Hydroxypropyl cellulose (HPC) is a chemical material with the chemical formula C3.H7 which is the ether of cellulose. It appears as a white to light creamy powder. It is developed when a few of the hydroxyl teams in consecutive sugar devices are hydroxypropylated. Hydroxypropyl cellulose is primarily made use of as an active ingredient in pharmaceutical items where treatment must be taken throughout production to stay clear of corrosion of process vessels.
Hydroxypropyl cellulose (HPC) is a derivative of cellulose, which is soluble in water and natural acids. It executes well in maintaining water and preventing water loss. It can be utilized to deal with conditions connected to inadequate tear secretion, such as dry keratoconjunctivitis, recurring corneal disintegration, decreased corneal level of sensitivity, exposure as well as neuroplegic keratitis. It is also made use of as a lubricant for man-made eyes. It can additionally be utilized as thickener, solution stabilizer as well as adhesive. Furthermore, it can additionally be used as a screening matrix for DNA splitting up by capillary as well as microchip electrophoresis. It is additionally the main component of Cellugel for book conservation.
Hydroxypropyl Cellulose Uses
- Hydroxypropyl cellulose is used to synthesize nanoparticle carriers for drug delivery.
- Hydroxypropyl cellulose is a non-ionic cellulose ether that can be widely used in injection molding devices, medicine, coatings, cosmetics, food and papermaking, and has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Used as emulsifier, stabilizer, beating aid, protective colloid, film-forming agent or thickener in food; As an adhesive in ceramics and glazes; In hair and cosmetic preparations; In vacuum forming containers and blow molding bottles; It is used as suspending agent in PVC polymerization. Pharmaceutical auxiliary (tablet coating agent).
- Hydroxypropyl cellulose is a kind of non-ionic water-soluble cellulose, which is produced by the reaction of basic cellulose and propylene oxide under high temperature and pressure. It is easily soluble in water below 40 ℃, flocculent at 40-45 ℃, and insoluble above 45 ℃. The precipitation is reversible, and the original viscosity will be restored when it is cooled to below 40 ° C and stirred. It is used as stabilizer and foaming agent in the stirred pouring head; Used as glaze and oil/oxygen barrier in edible food coatings; Used as adhesive in processed foods. Typical dosage levels are 0.05 – 1.0%.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy hydroxypropyl cellulose, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Multifunctional Pharmaceutical Excipients - Hydroxypropyl Cellulose
Low-substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose L-HPC is insoluble in water and swells into a colloidal solution in water; it is also insoluble in ethanol, acetone or ether, and has the characteristics of easy compression molding and large expansion volume. It is mainly used as a tablet dry binder And disintegrants are widely used in China.
For dry processes, such as direct compression and dry granulation, the plastic deformation of the binder is an important factor affecting the dry bonding effect. Compared with other dry adhesives, HPC has a lower glass transition temperature and is more likely to produce plastic deformation. Coupled with a relatively small particle size, it can have more bonding surfaces with materials, resulting in better bonding. Adhesive effect.
For the wet granulation process, in order for the binder solution to exert the best bonding effect, the solution needs to be well spread on the surface of the material, that is to say, the binder solution must have good wettability to the material. . Table 1 shows the wettability of different solutions to the naproxen formulation. It can be seen that the HPC solution has a smaller contact angle and better wettability for hydrophobic materials, so it can form a relatively uniform layer on the surface of the material. Binder film to improve granulation effect. The final compressed tablet hardness also showed that the HPC solution prepared the naproxen tablet with the highest mechanical strength.
It can be seen that whether it is a dry process or a wet process, HPC can be used as the preferred tablet binder. The good plastic deformation of HPC can be used to improve the prescription of tablets with poor compressibility and prone to capping, and can also improve the granulation effect of brittle materials, reduce fine powder, and increase the yield of granules.
Hydrophilic gel matrix system is the most commonly used in modern oral sustained and controlled release system, mainly because its process is relatively simple, mature and does not require special equipment. Hypromellose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, sodium alginate, xanthan gum, polyoxyethylene, etc. are commonly used hydrophilic gel skeleton materials. The gel formed by medium and high molecular weight HPC can better control the drug release. Generally speaking, HPC with fine particle size can hydrate faster and form a gel layer faster, which is beneficial to achieve the purpose of controlling drug release and inhibiting burst release in a short period of time.
The isoproterenol hydrochloride sustained-release tablets developed by YOSHIHARU et al. use spray drying technology to mix HPC and lactose. The hardness and disintegration time of isoproterenol hydrochloride sustained-release tablets increase with the increase of HPC content. As the molecular weight of HPC increases, drug release slows down. The molecular weight and dosage of HPC are important factors affecting drug release rate, even decisive factors.
Harcum et al. used HPC as the skeleton material to prepare phenylpropanolamine sustained-release tablets by dry granulation, and investigated the effects of HPC particle size (coarse particle size HF and fine particle size HXF) and process parameters on the tablet mechanical properties and release As a result, the sustained-release tablet prepared by HPC with fine particle size has higher hardness and better effect of controlling drug release. What’s more interesting is that the dry granulation process parameters have almost no effect on the fine particle size HPC HXF framework system, but have a greater impact on the coarse particle size HPC HF framework system. It can be seen that the fine particle size HPC HXF is prepared for the hydrophilic gel matrix system, which not only can control the drug release more effectively, but also has better tolerance to the process.
For high-dose and highly water-soluble compounds such as metformin hydrochloride, if it is necessary to prepare a hydrophilic gel matrix tablet, a large proportion of polymer is usually required, which brings great difficulties to administration. If HPC is used as the carrier and prepared by hot-melt extrusion, tablets with lower porosity, better sustained-release effect and larger drug loading can be obtained. Due to the good thermoplasticity and low glass transition temperature of HPC, the smooth progress of the hot-melt extrusion process can be ensured when preparing metformin hydrochloride sustained-release tablets with high drug loading.
With the increasing proportion of poorly soluble drugs, the solubilization challenges faced by formulation developers are also increasing. For solid preparations, micronization of raw materials or adding super disintegrants such as crospovidone into the prescription are simple and effective solubilization means. R. Talukder et al. found another solubilization method that is rarely reported, that is, directly adding HPC or co-grinding raw materials with HPC in the formulation of insoluble drugs to achieve a better solubilization effect. The solubilization of HPC has a lot to do with its small surface tension and good wettability.
In addition, because HPC has a low glass transition temperature and good thermoplasticity, it can be operated smoothly without adding plasticizers, and it is a good carrier for hot-melt extrusion technology.
For mucoadhesive drug delivery systems, it is very important to ensure the residence time of the formulation at the site of administration. Wu Yunjuan et al. added HPC to Panax notoginseng saponins nasal spray, prolonging the residence time of the preparation in the nasal mucosa, increasing the drug absorption, and overcoming the low bioavailability of oral preparations, and the safety and patient compliance problems of injections. . An effective local chemotherapy method to treat superficial bladder cancer and prevent tumor recurrence is to infuse the bladder with anticancer drugs, usually an aqueous solution of anticancer drugs, which not only requires repeated and large-dose infusions, but also may cause bladder irritation, hematuria, Side effects such as bladder atrophy, and drug resistance is easy to develop, and the curative effect is poor. In order to solve the problem that Zhao Guofang and others used the mucoadhesive agent HPC and the anticancer drug MMC to make a mucoadhesive anticancer drug, MMC relies on the mucoadhesive effect of HPC, and can stay in the bladder for a long time, making the half-life of MCC in urine Prolonged by 4.7 times, which may improve the curative effect and reduce the dosage and frequency of drug application.
Due to its good plasticity and film-forming properties, HPC is also widely used in film coating formulations. For the membrane control agent, HPC can not only act as a porogen, but also as a plasticizer. In addition, HPC has many applications in suspension and thickening.
Hydroxypropyl Cellulose Features
HPC is an important non-ionic water-soluble cellulose ether, and its excellent properties are as follows:
- Water solubility: HPC is soluble in water.
- Organic solubility: It can be dissolved in polar organic solvents, such as methanol, ethanol, chloroform, acetone, etc.
- Thermal gel properties Its aqueous solution shows a reversible gel process with the increase or decrease of temperature.
- Thermoplasticity The thermoplastic temperature range is 130-150°C, within which HPC can be processed like plastic.
- Film-forming HPC has film-forming properties, and the formed film is tough, smooth and elastic.
- Cohesiveness It has strong cohesiveness and is used as a thickener in the solution.
- Dispersion: Its aqueous solution has surface activity, and has the functions of dispersing, emulsifying, and suspending.
- Enzyme resistance Due to the sufficient substitution reaction and uniform distribution of substituents, especially highly substituted HPC has strong enzyme resistance and excellent biodegradation resistance.
- Hygroscopicity The equilibrium moisture content of HPC is low.
- Liquid crystal reaction Its concentrated solution can form liquid crystals with normal orientation.
- Safety HPC has no pharmacological effect, is non-toxic, has low ash content, is harmless to physiology, and is metabolically inert.
- Stability HPC is chemically inert and relatively stable even under mild acid or alkaline conditions.
- Hydroxypropyl cellulose – PubChem
- Luo Mingsheng, Gao Tianhui, Song Minxian, etc. Chinese pharmaceutical excipients [M]. Beijing: Chemical Industry Press, 2006: 13.
Hydroxypropyl Cellulose Suppliers and Manufacturers
As a hydroxypropyl cellulose supplier and manufacturer with a strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best hydroxypropyl cellulose raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have a demand for hydroxypropyl cellulose and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, and we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide the best price and high-quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensure its quality.
* The packing also can be according to the customers` requirement.
* Any inquiries will be replied to within 24 hours.
* We provide a Commerical Invoices, Packing Lists, Bills of loading, COA, Health certificates, and Origin certificates. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
* The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
* Product has any problem can return.