Hydroxyacetone CAS 116-09-6
Factory Supply Hydroxyacetone CAS 116-09-6 with Best Price
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Hydroxyacetone Suppiler
Hydroxyacetone: The Complete Guide
Hydroxyacetone for Sale
Basic Info of Hydroxyacetone
Acetol; 1-Hydroxypropan-2-one, Acetol; 3-Hydroxy-4-oxopentanoic acid
Flavors and Fragrances; Organic raw materials
What is Hydroxyacetone?
ChEBI: Acetone in which one methyl hydrogen is replaced by hydroxyl.
Hydroxyacetone is an endogenous metabolite. Colorless liquid. Freezing point – 17 ℃, boiling point 145-146 ℃, 96-97 ℃ (20kPa). Soluble in water, ethanol and ether. It is found in beer, tobacco and bee density. This product is unstable, methanol can be added to make the base stable.
Hydroxyacetone, also known as acetone alcohol, is an organic chemical substance with the molecular formula of CH 3C (O) CH 2OH. It is composed of primary alcohol substituents on acetone. It is a α- Hydroxyl ketones, also known as ketone alcohols, are the simplest hydroxyl ketone structures. It is a colorless distillable liquid. It is commercially produced by dehydration of glycerol. Hydroxyacetone is commercially available, but it can also be synthesized on a laboratory scale through the substitution reaction of bromoacetone.
Hydroxyacetone is a chemical reagent used in various organic chemical reactions. It is a component of Mannich reaction, and amino acids catalyze direct asymmetric hydroxyaldehyde reaction. In the field of medicine, the compound is used to synthesize imidazole compounds, which can be used as effective oral antihypertensive drugs.
- Hydroxyacetone is utilized as a reagent in organic chain reaction.
- Hydroxyacetone is utilized as a component of Mannich reaction and also hydroxyaldehyde reaction.
- Hydroxyacetone is made use of to synthesize 2-oxopropionaldehyde, imidazole, polyol, acrolein, dye and skin tanning representative. It generates (R) – 1,2-propanediol after decreasing hydroxyacetone in the presence of microbial cell stimulant.
- Hydroxyacetone undergoes quick polymerization, consisting of the formation of a semiacetal cyclic dimer. Under alkaline problems, it will certainly undertake rapid aldol alcohol condensation. Hydroxyacetone can be produced by the deterioration of different sugars. In food, it is created by Maillard response. It even more responds to create various other compounds with different fragrances. Therefore, it can be made use of as a flavor representative.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy hydroxyacetone, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Preparation of Hydroxyacetone
Take potassium hydroxide, anhydrous methanol and ethyl formate to reflux together for 2h to prepare methanol solution of potassium formate. Heat and reflux it with bromoacetone, react for 16h, cool down to 0 ℃ after reaction, filter out potassium bromide, distill the filtrate, collect 40-43 ℃ (1.6kPa) fraction, and obtain hydroxyacetone in 54-58% yield.