Synthetic Flavour & Fragrance
Like Rose odor
Refractive Index (20 C):
1.4710 – 1.4780
Antioxidant and Fragrance
Place of Origin:
Flavour Geraniol Oil 98% CAS 106-24-1
Colorless or faint yellow liquid
|Product Name||Geraniol Oil|
|Synonyms||LEMONOL;Guaniol;Meranol;eranioL;GERANIOL;NSC 9279;FEMA 2507;(E)-Nerol;t-Geraniol;GERANIOL 90|
- Geraniol is a kind of monoterpenoid as well as alcohol. It is mainly existed in plant oils such as rose oil, palmarosa oil, and citronella oil. It can also be found in plants such as geraniums and lemongrass. It has a rose-like scent and is therefore used in perfumes as well as many kinds of flavors such as peach, raspberry, grapefruit, red apple, plum, lime, orange, lemon, and blueberry. Another major application of geraniol is being used as an effective plant-based insect repellent for treatment of mosquitoes, house flies, stable flies, cockroaches, fire ants, fleas and lone star ticks. On the other hand, its scent can also attract bees.
- Geraniol has a characteristic rose-like odor. Geraniol may be prepared by fractional distillation from those essential oils rich in geraniol, or synthetically from myrcene; commercial geraniol cannot be classified according to its alcohol content, as most of the recurring impurities are alcoholic in nature (nerol, citronellol, tetrahydrogeraniol). Gas-chromatography techniques may be usefully employed to determine the geraniol content in a product.
- Geraniol has a characteristic rose-like odor The physical constants vary for the various commercial products, depending on the total geraniol content; specifc gravity and refractive index may be indicative of the purity of the product Commercial geraniol cannot be classifed according to its alcohol content, as most of the recurring impurities are alcoholic in nature (nerol, citronellol, tetrahydrogeraniol) Gas chromatography techniques may be usefully employed to determine the gera- niol content in a product.
- Geraniol occurs in nearly all terpene-containing essential oils, frequently as an ester. Palmarosa oil contains 70–85% geraniol; geranium oils and rose oils also contain large quantities. Geraniol is a colorless liquid, with a floral, rose-like odor.
- Since geraniol is an acyclic, doubly unsaturated alcohol, it can undergo a number of reactions, such as rearrangement and cyclization. Rearrangement in the presence of copper catalysts yields citronellal. In the presence of mineral acids, it cyclizes to form monocyclic terpene hydrocarbons, cyclogeraniol being obtained if the hydroxy function is protected. Partial hydrogenation leads to citronellol, and complete hydrogenation of the double bonds yields 3,7-dimethyloctan-l-ol (tetrahydrogeraniol). Citral may be obtained from geraniol by oxidation or by catalytic dehydrogenation. Geranyl esters are prepared by esterification.
- Geraniol is one of the most frequently used terpenoid fragrance materials. It can be used in all floral, rose-like compositions and does not discolor soaps. In flavor compositions, geraniol is used in small quantities to accentuate citrus notes. It is an important intermediate in the manufacture of geranyl esters, citronellol, and citral.
- Colourless to pale yellow liquid with an odour of roses
- Geraniol is used in the synthesis of insect repellant. It is also used in the synthesis of Angelicoin A and Herecinone J, which inhibit collagen-induced platelet aggregation.
- Geraniol was used in field evaluation of synthetic herbivore-induced plant volatiles as attractants to beneficial insects.It was used to evaluate the tumor-suppressive potency of isoprenoids in vitro and in vivo.
- Geraniol is perfuming and with tonic properties. It is a primary constituent in many essential oils, including citronella, lavender, lemongrass, orange flower, and ylang-ylang.
The production base is located in Zhangqiu chemical industry park and Tai’an high-tech chemical industry park. laboratory and workshop in strict accordance with the GMP standard and the product fit national ISO9001 and ISO2000 standards.
“Zhishang” products are exported to Europe, North and South America, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa area, so as to establish a long-term and stable cooperation relationship with customer in the world.
- Business Type: Manufacturer
- Product Range: Additive , Chemical Auxiliary & Catalyst , Organic Chemicals
- Products/Service: Organic Intermediate,Inorganic Chemistry, APIs, Dyestuffs And Pigments, Fragrance And Spices, Food Additives
- Total Employees: 51~100
- Capital (Million US $): 10000000RMB
- Year Established: 2016
- No. of Production Lines : 8
- No. of QC Staff : 5 -10 People
- OEM Services Provided : yes
- Factory Size (Sq.meters) : 3,000-5,000 square meters
- Certificate: ISO9001 , CE , GMP , API , MSDS
- Factory Location : Diao Town Industry Park, Zhangqiu City, Jinan City, Shandong Province, China.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide best price and high quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensureits quality.
*The packing also can be according the customers` requirment.
*Any inquiries will be replied within 24 hours.
*we provide Commerical Invoice, Packing List, Bill of loading, COA , Health certificate and Origin certificate. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
*The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
*Product has any problem can return.
Do you accept sample order?
We will make samples before mass production, and after sample approved, we’ll begin mass production. Doing 100% inspection during production, then do random inspection before packing.
HOW TO CONFIRM THE PRODUCT QUALITY BEFORE PLACING ORDERS?
You can get free samples for some products,you only need to pay the shipping cost or arrange a courier to us and take the samples. You can send us your product specifications and requests,we will manufacture the products according to your requests.
What’s your MOQ?
Our MOQ is 1kg. But usually we accept less quantity such as 100g on the condition that sample charge is 100% paid.
Do you supply product report?
Yes. We’ll give you product analysis report before shipping.
Is there a discount?
Different quantity has different discount.
1. ≤50kg, Express delivery recommended, usually called as DDU service;
2. ≤500kg, Air shipping recommended, usually called as FOB, CFR, or CIF service;
3. >500kg, sea shipping recommended, usually called as FOB, CFR, or CIF service;
4. For high value products, please select air shipping and express delivery for safe.