Carboxymethyl Cellulose CAS 9000-11-7
Factory Supply Carboxymethyl Cellulose CAS 9000-11-7 with Best Price
- Appearance: White powder
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: Carboxymethyl Cellulose Supplement
Carboxymethyl Cellulose: The Complete Guide
Carboxymethyl Cellulose for Sale
Basic Info of Carboxymethyl Cellulose
CM Cellulose CM-32; Carboxymethyl cellulose CM-52; Carboxy cellulose; Carboxymethylcellulose; CMC
Food additives; Organic raw materials
What is Carboxymethyl Cellulose?
Carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC for brief) is a commonly used preservative, and also its sodium salt (sodium carboxymethyl cellulose) is typically utilized as a thickener and paste.
Carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) is a thickening agent. It is a safe and also unappetizing white flocculent powder at area temperature level. It has secure efficiency as well as is conveniently soluble in water. Its aqueous solution is a neutral or alkaline clear viscous liquid, which is soluble. In various other water-soluble glues and materials, insoluble in organic solvents such as ethanol. Carboxymethyl cellulose is a carboxymethyl group replacement product of cellulose. Relying on its molecular weight or level of substitution, it can be a totally soluble or insoluble polymer, and also the latter can be used as a weak acid-type cation exchanger to separate neutral or fundamental healthy proteins.
Carboxymethyl cellulose, referred to as industrial monosodium glutamate, is widely utilized in commercial production and brings terrific usage worth to different production fields. Carboxymethyl cellulose is a grainy compound, safe, but easily soluble in water, easily soluble in both cold and warm water, yet insoluble in organic solvents. fluctuate. As a result of its special residential or commercial properties, it has numerous unique requirements in storage and transportation.
Carboxymethyl Cellulose in Food
- Carboxymethyl cellulose can make jam, jelly, fruit juice, flavoring, mayonnaise and all kinds of canned food have proper thixotropy, and can increase their viscosity. In canned meat, adding carboxymethyl cellulose can prevent oil-water stratification and act as a clouding agent. It is an ideal foam stabilizer and clarifying agent for beer. The amount added is about 5%. Adding carboxymethyl cellulose to pastry foods can prevent oil seepage in the pastry food, so that the pastry food does not dry out after long-term storage, and the surface of the pastry is smooth and the taste is delicate.
- In ice products – carboxymethyl cellulose has better solubility in ice cream than other thickeners such as sodium alginate, which can completely stabilize milk protein. Due to the good water retention of carboxymethyl cellulose, it can control the growth of ice crystals, so that the ice cream has a bulky and lubricated structure, and there is no ice residue when chewing, and the taste is particularly good. The addition amount is 0.1-0.3%.
- Carboxymethyl cellulose is a stabilizer for milk beverages – when fruit juice is added to milk or fermented milk, it can cause milk proteins to agglomerate into a suspended state and precipitate out of milk, making milk beverages less stable. , easily perishable. In particular, it is extremely unfavorable for long-term storage of milk beverages. If CMC is added to juice milk or milk beverage, the amount of addition is 10-12% of the protein, it can maintain uniformity and stability, prevent milk protein from agglomerating, and prevent precipitation, thereby improving the quality of milk beverages, and can be stored stably for a long time. spoiled.
- Powdered food – when oil, fruit juice, pigment, etc. need to be powdered, it can be mixed with carboxymethyl cellulose, and it can be easily powdered by spray drying or vacuum concentration. It is easily soluble in water when used. 2-5%.
- In terms of food preservation, such as meat products, fruits, vegetables, etc., after spraying with a dilute aqueous solution of carboxymethyl cellulose, a very thin film can be formed on the surface of the food, which can store food for a long time and keep the food fresh and tender. , the taste remains unchanged. And it can be washed with water when eating, which is very convenient. In addition, because food-grade CMC is harmless to the human body, it can also be used in medicine. It can be used for CMC paper medicine, emulsified oil mixture for injection, thickener of medicine slurry, tomb material of ointment, etc.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy carboxymethyl cellulose, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Carboxymethyl Cellulose Uses
Carboxymethyl cellulose is the carboxymethyl group replacement product of cellulose and can be a totally soluble or insoluble polymer, depending upon its molecular weight or degree of substitution. The latter can be used as weak acid cation exchangers to different neutral or basic healthy proteins, and so on. Carboxymethyl cellulose can develop high thickness colloid, option, attachment, enlarging, flow, emulsification and also dispersion, molding, water retention, protective colloid, film forming, acid resistance, salt resistance, suspension as well as various other attributes, and also it is harmless and also widely utilized. It is made use of in the production of food, medicine, everyday chemicals, oil, paper, fabric, building and other fields.
- The mud having CMC can create a thin, firm, low-permeability filter cake on the well wall surface, lowering water loss.
- After adding CMC to the mud, the initial cutting force of the drilling gear is reduced, the mud is simple to launch the gas confined in it, and the debris is promptly thrown out in the mud pit.
- Drilling mud, like various other put on hold dispersions, has a certain service life. Adding CMC can make it secure as well as lengthen the service life.
- The mud consisting of CMC is seldom influenced by mold, so there is no requirement to keep a high pH value as well as no requirement to utilize chemicals.
- Consists of CMC as drilling mud flushing fluid therapy representative, which can stand up to the pollution of numerous soluble salts.
- The mud having CMC has good security even if the temperature level surpasses 150 ℃, which can decrease the loss of water.
The textile sector utilizes CMC as a sizing representative for sizing light threads such as cotton, silk and wool, artificial and also combined threads.
CMC can be used as paper smoothing representative and sizing representative in the paper market.
Daily chemicals, such as toothpaste sector CMC’s glycerin aqueous option is used as gum base for tooth paste; pharmaceutical sector is utilized as thickener as well as emulsifier, and so on.
It can be utilized as an adhesive for blanks, plasticizers, putting on hold agents for lusters, as well as color-fixing representatives.
Used in building materials to improve water retention and toughness.
The food market uses high-displacement CMC as a thickener for gelato, tinned food, instantaneous noodles, foam stabilizer for beer, and so on 8. Pharmaceutical market.
CMC with suitable viscosity is selected as tablet binder, disintegrant and suspending representative.
The high-end choice to carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) is polyanionic cellulose, which is also an anionic cellulose ether, with higher substitution level and also substitution uniformity, as well as much better salt resistance, acid resistance, calcium resistance as well as high temperature resistance, and its solubility is additionally enhanced. Utilized in all industries where carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) can be used, it can provide better stability as well as meet greater process demands.
Preparation of Carboxymethyl Cellulose
Carboxymethyl cellulose is manufactured by the base-catalyzed reaction of cellulose with chloroacetic acid. Polar (organic acid) carboxyl groups make cellulose soluble and chemically reactive. After the first reaction, the resulting mixture generated about 60% CMC plus 40% salts (sodium chloride and also sodium glycolate). This item is a so-called industrial CMC for cleaning agents. These salts are gotten rid of utilizing a more filtration procedure to produce pure CMC for use in food, pharmaceuticals and also dentifrices (toothpaste). Intermediate “semi-purified” grades are additionally generated, commonly made use of in paper applications such as the restoration of archival records. The practical residential properties of carboxymethylcellulose depend on the degree of alternative of the cellulose structure (ie, the number of hydroxyl teams are involved in the alternative reaction), in addition to the chain size of the cellulose backbone and the degree of gathering of the cellulose backbone. Carboxymethyl substituent.
- Croscarmellose – PubChem
- Important chemical materials – sodium carboxymethyl cellulose – ChemicalBook