Place of Origin:
BUTYL P-HYDROXY BENZOATE
Butyl Butex/Butyl parahydroxybenzoate
Cosmetic Raw Materials
156-157°C at 3.5 mmHg(lit.)
<0.1 g/100 mL at 17 °C
Butylparaben in skin care;Butylparaben for skin
|Product Name||Butyl paraben|
|Synonyms||SPF;butoben;solbrolb;FEMA 2203;Lexgard B;Nipabutyl;Solbrol B;tegoseptb;butylbutex;preservalb|
Butyl paraben appears as white crystal powder, having slightly special odor. It is slightly soluble in water, being soluble in alcohol, ether and chloroform.
- Butyl paraben can be used for the antibacterial and anticorrosion of drugs, cosmetics and food.
- As a kind of preservative; Because of the low solubility in water, Butyl paraben is usually prepared into ethanol solution, acetic acid solution or sodium hydroxide solution. To improve the solubility, several different esters are often used. For example, three parts of isobutyl, four parts of isopropyl and three parts of butyl are formulated as a co-soluble mixture and the mixture is used as an oil-in-water emulsifier. This preparation is easy to use in soy sauce and other foods, the solubility of butyl ester alone can be increased by 2 to 3 times. For soy sauce, 5% sodium hydroxide solution can be added to the goods of 20% to 25%, and then slowly added to the sauce having been heated to about 80 ℃. Acetic acid solution or ester type emulsifier can also be used. The usage amount of anti-mold soy sauce is 0.05~0.10g/L. Vinegar can be used in acetic acid or sodium hydroxide solution. Soft drinks can be used in the solution of sodium hydroxide, but usually used in combination with benzoic acid and dehydroacetic acid.
- Butyl paraben used as organic synthesis intermediates; the anti-corrosion additives of medicine, food, cosmetics, film and high-grade products; reagents. Being used as germicide preservative of food is Butylparaben’s major application. In the p-hydroxybenzoic acid esters, it can give the strongest anti-corrosion bactericidal effect. Because of its poor water solubility, it is often used with other esters in combination.
- For preservatives and disinfectants.
- Preservative in many creams, lotions, ointments and other cosmetics, foods (salad dressings, mayonnaise, spiced sauces, mustard, frozen dairy products, baked products), pharmaceutical preparations and dentifrices. It is active against molds, fungi and yeasts, but less active against bacteria. ICU.
Production Method of Butyl Paraben:
Butyl paraben is derived from the esterification between p-hydroxybenzoic acid and butanol. Butanol and p-hydroxybenzoic acid are heated together for being dissolved, slowly added dropwise of sulfuric acid, continue the refluxing for 8h. After cooling, add 4% sodium carbonate solution, separate the water layer, steam out the butanol, let it cool, filter to obtain the crude product, and then carry out ethanol recrystallization (solubility in ethanol: 200g/100ml).
Take sulfuric acid as a catalyst; derive it from the reaction between p-hydroxybenzoic acid and butanol.
The production base is located in Zhangqiu chemical industry park and Tai’an high-tech chemical industry park. laboratory and workshop in strict accordance with the GMP standard and the product fit national ISO9001 and ISO2000 standards.
“Zhishang” products are exported to Europe, North and South America, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa area, so as to establish a long-term and stable cooperation relationship with customer in the world.
- Business Type: Manufacturer
- Product Range: Additive , Chemical Auxiliary & Catalyst , Organic Chemicals
- Products/Service: Organic Intermediate,Inorganic Chemistry, APIs, Dyestuffs And Pigments, Fragrance And Spices, Food Additives
- Total Employees: 51~100
- Capital (Million US $): 10000000RMB
- Year Established: 2016
- No. of Production Lines : 8
- No. of QC Staff : 5 -10 People
- OEM Services Provided : yes
- Factory Size (Sq.meters) : 3,000-5,000 square meters
- Certificate: ISO9001 , CE , GMP , API , MSDS
- Factory Location : Diao Town Industry Park, Zhangqiu City, Jinan City, Shandong Province, China.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide best price and high quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensureits quality.
*The packing also can be according the customers` requirment.
*Any inquiries will be replied within 24 hours.
*we provide Commerical Invoice, Packing List, Bill of loading, COA , Health certificate and Origin certificate. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
*The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
*Product has any problem can return.
Do you accept sample order?
We will make samples before mass production, and after sample approved, we’ll begin mass production. Doing 100% inspection during production, then do random inspection before packing.
HOW TO CONFIRM THE PRODUCT QUALITY BEFORE PLACING ORDERS?
You can get free samples for some products,you only need to pay the shipping cost or arrange a courier to us and take the samples. You can send us your product specifications and requests,we will manufacture the products according to your requests.
What’s your MOQ?
Our MOQ is 1kg. But usually we accept less quantity such as 100g on the condition that sample charge is 100% paid.
Do you supply product report?
Yes. We’ll give you product analysis report before shipping.
Is there a discount?
Different quantity has different discount.
1. ≤50kg, Express delivery recommended, usually called as DDU service;
2. ≤500kg, Air shipping recommended, usually called as FOB, CFR, or CIF service;
3. >500kg, sea shipping recommended, usually called as FOB, CFR, or CIF service;
4. For high value products, please select air shipping and express delivery for safe.