4,4'-Diphenylmethane Diisocyanate CAS 101-68-8
Factory Supply 4,4'-Diphenylmethane Diisocyanate CAS 101-68-8 with Best Price
- Appearance: Yellow powder
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: 4,4′-Diphenylmethane Diisocyanate Suppiler
4,4'-Diphenylmethane Diisocyanate: The Complete Guide
4,4'-Diphenylmethane Diisocyanate for Sale
Basic Info of 4,4'-Diphenylmethane Diisocyanate
4,4-Diphenylmethane diisocyanate; 4,4′-MDI; Methylenebis[4-phenyl isocyanate]; Methylene diphenyl diisocyanate; Covestro Desmodur
Organic raw materials; Auxiliary
What is 4,4'-Diphenylmethane Diisocyanate?
4,4 ‘- Diphenylmethane diisocyanate (MDI) is used to manufacture various polyurethane products – elastic and hard foam, paint, varnish, adhesive, adhesive, synthetic rubber and elastic fiber.
Methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI) is a kind of aromatic diisocyanate. Three isomers are common and vary depending on the position of the isocyanate group around the ring: 2,2 ‘- MDI, 2,4’ – MDI, and 4,4 ‘- MDI. The 4,4 ‘isomer is the most widely used, also known as 4,4’ – diphenylmethane diisocyanate. This isomer is also known as pure MDI. MDI reacts with polyols when manufacturing polyurethane. It is the largest production of diisocyanate, accounting for 61.3% of the global market in 2000. The total output of global MDI and aggregate MDI exceeds 7.5 million tons per year (2017).
As of 2019, the largest producer is Wanhua Chemical Group. Other major producers include Covestro, BASF, Dow, Huntsman, Dongcao and Jinhu Mitsui Chemical. All major producers of MDI are members of the International Isocyanate Association, which aims to promote the safe handling of MDI and TDI in the workplace, community and environment.
4,4'-Diphenylmethane Diisocyanate Uses
- Diphenylmethane 4,4-diisocyanate is used to prepare polyurethane resin and polyurethane fiber; Adhesion of rubber and rayon; Diisocyanate is used to produce polyurethane paint, foam plastic, rubber and glue.
- Diphenylmethane-4,4-diisocyanate (MDI) is widely used in the production of rigid polyurethane foam products, coatings and elastomers.
- Diphenylmethane diisocyanate (MDI) is widely used in polyurethane coatings. This product is made of polyurethane foam, which is used for heat preservation (cold), building materials, vehicles and ship parts; Masterpieces can be used to make car seat cushion, cushion, synthetic leather, plastic free polyurethane, polyurethane elastic fiber, plastic free elastic fiber, film and adhesive.
- Uses of diphenylmethane diisocyanate include UV curable and polymerization reaction compositions containing latent catalysts.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy 4,4'-diphenylmethane diisocyanate, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of 4,4'-Diphenylmethane Diisocyanate
The main application of 4,4 ‘- MDI is to produce rigid polyurethane. These rigid polyurethane foam are good thermal insulation materials and are used in almost all refrigerators and refrigerators and buildings in the world. Typical polyols used are poly (adipic acid) (a polyester) and poly (tetramethylene ether) glycol (a polyether).
4,4 ‘- MDI is also used as an industrial strength adhesive and can be provided to the final consumers as various high-strength bottled glue preparations.
Preparation of 4,4'-Diphenylmethane Diisocyanate
The first step in the production of MDI is the reaction of aniline and formaldehyde. Hydrochloric acid is used as a catalyst to generate a mixture of diamine precursors and their corresponding polyamines:
These diamines are then treated with phosgene to form isocyanate mixtures, and the proportion of isomers is determined by the composition of the isomers of the diamine. This transformation may have two different reaction mechanisms, namely “phosgenation first” and “gradual phosgenation”.
Distillation of the mixture yields a mixture of oligomeric polyisocyanates, called polymeric MDI, and a mixture of MDI isomers with low 2,4 ‘isomer content. Further purification requires fractionation of MDI isomer mixture.