4-Nitrotoluene CAS 99-99-0
Factory Supply 4-Nitrotoluene CAS 99-99-0 with Best Price
- Appearance: Yellow powder
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: 4-Nitrotoluene Supplement
4-Nitrotoluene: The Complete Guide
Index of 4-Nitrotoluene Contents
4-Nitrotoluene for Sale
Basic Info of 4-Nitrotoluene
4 nitrotoluene; 4 nitrotoluen; para nitro toluene; 1-methyl-4-nitrobenzene; p-Nitrotoluene
Pesticide Intermediates; Agrochemicals
What is 4-Nitrotoluene?
4-nitrotoluene or p-nitrotoluene is an organic compound with the molecular formula CH 3 C 6 h 4 No 2. It is a light yellow solid. It is one of the three isomers of nitrotoluene.
Together with other isomers, 4-nitrotoluene is prepared by nitration of toluene, usually titanium nitrate (IV). It reacts, such as hydrogenation, to obtain p-toluidine.
p-Nitrotoluene is also known as 1-methyl-4-nitrobenzene, pale yellow crystal, melting point 54.5℃, boiling point 238.3℃. Soluble in benzene, ether, chloroform, carbon tetrachloride, soluble in ethanol, insoluble in water, and volatile with water vapor. Toxic! Mainly used in the manufacture of p-toluidine, bitoluidine, p-nitroformic acid, p-nitrotoluene-2-sulfonic acid, 3-chloro-4-nitrotoluene, etc. It is used as an intermediate for dyes, medicines, pesticides, synthetic materials, auxiliaries, and the like. This product is obtained by nitration of toluene with mixed acid and separation. At the same time co-production of o-nitrotoluene.
- 4-Nitrotoluene, also known as p-nitrotoluene, or 4-nitrotoluen. It is a pale yellow substance that forms diamond-shaped crystals and has a somewhat pleasant, characteristic bitter almond odor. It is almost insoluble in water. p-Nitrotoluene is mainly used for the production of DSD acid, whitening agent, as an intermediate for dyes, pesticides, medicines, synthetic fibers, and as a tracer for explosives detection.
- 4-Nitrotoluene is an intermediate of herbicides such as chloromethylene, and also an important chemical raw material.
- 4-Nitrotoluene is mainly used in the manufacture of p-toluidine, toluene diisocyanate, toluidine, p-nitrobenzoic acid, p-nitrotoluene-2-sulfonic acid, 2-nitro-p-toluidine, 3-chloro-4-nitro It is also used as dye intermediates and intermediates of pesticides, medicines, plastics and synthetic fiber auxiliaries.
- The main application involves its sulfonation to produce 4-NITROTOLUENE-2-SULFONIC acid (– SO3H group adjacent to methyl). This substance can be oxidative coupled to produce stilbene derivatives for use as dyes. Representative derivatives include molecular and salt forms of 4, 4 ‘- dinitro – and 4,4’ – dinitro-2,2 ‘- stilbene disulfonic acid, such as 4,4’ – dinitro-stilbene disodium-2,2 ‘- disulfonate.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy 4-nitrotoluene, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of 4-Nitrotoluene
p-Bromobenzaldehyde is an important pharmaceutical and dye intermediate. The existing method for synthesizing p-bromobenzaldehyde mainly uses p-bromotoluene as a raw material. One is to generate benzyl dibromobenzene through a photochemical bromination reaction, which is then obtained by hydrolysis. The method has been industrialized. Cerium methyl sulfate is obtained by oxidation of oxidant. Their common disadvantage is that the cost of raw materials is high, and the former uses highly volatile and hazardous liquid bromine, while the latter adopts an oxidation method that is difficult to control industrially.
CN97106992.1 proposes a method for synthesizing p-bromobenzaldehyde with p-nitrotoluene as raw material. In the present invention, p-nitrotoluene is used as a raw material, and under the catalysis of a phase transfer catalyst, a disproportionation reaction occurs with a sodium polysulfide solution to generate p-aminobenzaldehyde. Under the catalysis of copper or copper, p-bromobenzaldehyde is generated. The sodium polysulfide solution is formed by the action of sodium sulfide (Na2S.9H2O) and elemental sulfur. The molar ratio of sodium sulfide to sulfur is 1:2-1:4. Sodium polysulfide and p-nitrotoluene are in 95%-65% ethanol solution under the action of phase transfer catalyst to produce p-aminobenzaldehyde, and a small amount of p-toluidine is produced. The molar ratio of sodium polysulfide to p-nitrotoluene is 1:3-1:5, the addition amount of the phase transfer catalyst is 1%-5% of the amount of p-nitrotoluene participating in the reaction, and 1 mol of p-nitrotoluene is required to participate in the reaction. 95% ethanol 400-600ml, the reaction temperature is 80-90℃. Under the above conditions, the yield of p-aminobenzaldehyde is >90%.
The phase-transfer catalyst adopted is one of tetrabutylammonium bromide, cetyltrimethylammonium bromide, tetrabutylammonium iodide, N-dimethylformamide, Tween or a mixture of two thereof. Mixed phase transfer catalysts work better. The obtained p-aminobenzaldehyde is distilled by steam, and crystallized by cooling to obtain the wet product, which directly participates in the next step reaction without drying. The acidification of p-aminobenzaldehyde uses sulfuric acid as acidifying agent and sodium nitrite as diazotizing agent. After the diazotization is completed, drop the diazonium salt solution into the newly prepared cuprous bromide hydrobromic acid solution or the newly prepared reduced copper hydrobromic acid suspension. After 1 hour, steam distillation was carried out, and the distillate was filtered and washed to obtain colorless or pale yellow p-bromobenzaldehyde. Purity >98%. 1mol of p-aminobenzaldehyde needs 0.5-1mol of cuprous bromide or 0.05-0.1mol of reduced copper to participate in the reaction, and 2-3mol of hydrobromic acid is required. The preparation of cuprous bromide adopts the usual method. The yield of p-bromobenzaldehyde relative to p-nitrotoluene was 55-65%. The invention provides a method for synthesizing p-bromobenzaldehyde by using p-nitrotoluene as a raw material. By adopting the method to synthesize p-bromobenzaldehyde, the cost of raw materials is low, the industrialization is easy to be realized, and the product purity reaches 99%.
- 4-Nitrotoluene – PubChem
- CN97106992.1 A kind of method for synthesizing p-bromobenzaldehyde
- Zhou Hui,Dong Shichang,Li Liwei.Process Improvement of Synthesis of p-Hydroxybenzaldehyde from p-Nitrotoluene[J].China Pharmaceutical,2010,19(06):16-17.