2,3-Butanedione CAS 431-03-8
Factory Supply 2,3-Butanedione CAS 431-03-8 with Best Price
- Appearance: Clear yellow liquid
- Purity: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: 2,3-Butanedione Supplier & Manufacturer
2,3-Butanedione: The Complete Guide
2,3-Butanedione for Sale
Butanedione; Diacetyl; Diacétyle; Diacetyl
Food additives; Flavor and Fragrance; Pharmaceutical, Pesticide and Dyestuff Intermediates
What is 2,3-Butanedione?
Yellow to yellowish green liquid, with creamy aroma after massive dilution (1mg / kg), high vapor pressure and rapid volatilization at room temperature, melting point – 3 ~ – 4 ℃, boiling point 87 ~ 88 ℃ and flash point 13 ℃. Soluble in ethanol, ether, most non-volatile oil and propylene glycol, soluble in glycerol and water, insoluble in mineral oil. Natural products exist in laurel oil, ajawa oil, angelica root oil, raspberry, strawberry, cream, wine, etc. Because it is volatile, it only exists in the primary fraction and distilled water.
Diacetyl is a water-soluble and volatile compound α- Diketone compound with butter smell. Diacetyl occurs naturally in plants, fruits, coffee, honey, cocoa and dairy products. It is a natural by-product of fermentation and exists in beer and wine. Diacetyl is also present in cigarette smoke.
Diacetyl can be synthesized by converting 2-butanone to isonitroso compound and then hydrolyzing it with hydrochloric acid. Other methods of producing diacetyl include oxidation of 2-butanone on a copper catalyst at 300 ° C and dehydrogenation of 2,3-butanediol on a copper or silver catalyst. In addition, diacetyl can be synthesized by acid catalyzed condensation of 1-hydroxyacetone and formaldehyde. Naturally occurring diacetyl can also be obtained from the starting fraction of the by-product of dairy fermentation. Although diacetyl and starting distillates are liquids, they can be converted into powder form by encapsulating them in solid materials to prevent volatility. Diacetyl in powder form also exists in spray dried seasoning.
- GB2760-96 stipulates that the edible spices are temporarily allowed to be used. Mainly used for the preparation of cream, cheese fermentation flavor and coffee and other flavors.
- 2,3-Butanedione is used to formulate cream flavors and is the main raw material for the production of pyrazine flavors.
- 2,3-Butanedione is mainly used for the preparation of food flavors, the main flavor of cream flavors, and can also be used in milk, cheese and other flavors. Such as berries, caramel, chocolate, coffee, cherries, vanilla beans, honey, cocoa, fruity, wine, smoke, rum, nuts, almonds, ginger, etc. It can also be used in a small amount in fresh fruit fragrance or new type of fragrance for cosmetics.
- 2,3-Butanedione is used to formulate various milk-flavored edible flavors, and is a flavor enhancer for cream, margarine, dry cool and candy. Also used as gelatin hardener, photographic adhesive.
- 2,3-Butanedione is a flavoring agent, which is a yellow to yellow green transparent liquid with strong pungent smell. Also known as 2,3-butanedione, it is chemically synthesized from methyl ethyl ketone. It is miscible with water, glycerol, alcohol and ether, and has typical butter smell and flavor in very dilute aqueous solution.
- 2,3-Butanedione (diacetyl), a molecule associated with a disease called popcorn lung, is now associated with amyloid protein associated with Alzheimer’s disease- β Peptide toxicity is related to chemicalbook. Diacetyl accelerated s amyloid- β Aggregation – the hallmark of Alzheimer’s disease. These preliminary findings raise the possibility of long-term neurotoxicity mediated by Da.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy 2,3-butanedione, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Production Method of 2,3-Butanedione
In nature, diacetyl is widely present in the essential oils of various plants, such as iris oil, angelica oil, bay oil, etc., and is the main component of the fragrance of butter and some other natural products. The industrial production of butanedione is obtained by treating methyl ethyl ketone with nitrous acid to generate butanone oxime, which is then decomposed with dilute sulfuric acid. Or the method of re-oxidation by hydration with vinyl acetylene or methyl vinyl ketone.
The laboratory can use selenium dioxide to oxidize butanone, and also use the method of reacting diketodioxime with sodium nitrite.
2,3-Butanedione Supplier and Manufacturer
As a 2,3-butanedione supplier and manufacturer with a strict standard product quality system certificate, Zhishang Chemical has long been providing the best 2,3-butanedione raw materials to customers all over the world.
Over the years, relying on professional team experience and customer-centric team concept to meet customer needs in a timely manner, our company enjoys a high reputation in the world. At present, our company has served more than 6,000 customers and has established long-term cooperative relations with customers from many countries.
If you have a demand for 2,3-butanedione and related products, please contact our service staff Zhishang Chemical – White directly, and we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide the best price and high-quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensure its quality.
* The packing also can be according to the customers` requirement.
* Any inquiries will be replied to within 24 hours.
* We provide a Commerical Invoices, Packing Lists, Bills of loading, COA, Health certificates, and Origin certificates. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
* The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
* Product has any problem can return.