2-Phenoxyethanol CAS 122-99-6
Factory Supply 2-Phenoxyethanol CAS 122-99-6 with Best Price
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: 2-Phenoxyethanol Manufacturers & Suppliers
2-Phenoxyethanol: The Complete Guide
2-Phenoxyethanol for Sale
Basic Info of 2-Phenoxyethanol
Ethylene glycol monophenyl ether; 2-phenoxy ethanol; PHENOXYETHANOL; fenoxietanol
Pharmaceuticals, pesticides, dye intermediates; Pharmaceutical raw materials; Organic raw materials
What is 2-Phenoxyethanol?
2-Phenoxyethanol is a solvent with high boiling point and low volatility. It is also a hypoallergenic, broad-spectrum and efficient antiseptic and bactericide. It is soluble in water and oil, and is easy to use. It is used more and more frequently in the light industry and daily chemical industry.
In addition, 2-phenoxyethanol is also useful in other industries, such as as a solvent for stamping, marking, pad and ballpoint pen inks that require penetration; as an ideal solvent for cellulose acetate, resins, dyes, photosensitive materials, etc. ;Used as gas chromatography fixative, chromatographic analysis standard; used as soap and cosmetic fixative, diluent; also used as fish anesthetic to sedate fish, reduce activity, reduce oxygen consumption, reduce CO2 and NH3 excretion , which is convenient for transportation, induction of labor and other operations.
- 2-Phenoxyethanol is a colorless and clear liquid with a small increased fragrance, reduced volatility and also high boiling point. Due to its miscibility with many natural solvents and also solid permeability, it is more thorough than isophorone (frequently known as 783), DBE as well as benzyl alcohol. Impressive efficiency, can be used as opposed to complete performance.
- 2-Phenoxyethanol is a replacement for formaldehyde releasing chemicals.
- Organic Synthesis. fungicide. Bug spray. binder. Scent retention representative. plasticizer. Gas chromatography fixed solution (maximum temperature level is 70 ℃, and the solvent is ether).
- 2-Phenoxyethanol has bactericidal and bacteriostatic residential or commercial properties. It is frequently used in mix with quaternary ammonium compounds.
- 2-Phenoxyethanol was utilized as fragrance fixative; Insect repellent; chemical; Solvents for cellulose acetate, dyes, inks as well as materials; Preservatives for medications, cosmetics and also lubricating substances; Anesthetics in fish society; As well as in organic synthesis.
- 2-Phenoxyethanol is also a vital surgical medicine and is frequently made use of for shallow infections such as skin wounds, burns, and also scalds. As well as the therapy of abscesses as well as abscesses. The clinical effect is superb.
- 2-Phenoxyethanol is used in organic synthesis raw materials, coating monomers and also synthetic plasticizers. Its esters are perfume fixatives, fungicides and also insect repellants. 2-Phenoxyethanol glycerol ear drops for Pseudomonas aeruginosa otitis media.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy 2-phenoxyethanol, pls contact us to get a free quote.
- Under the action of sodium acetate or sodium hydroxide, phenol and ethylene oxide are condensed, and the reaction is as follows:
The method needs to be carried out at a temperature of 20 ℃ and a pressure of 0.2-0.25 MPa. Suitable for mass production and industrial production.
- Adopt Williamson synthesis method, select sodium phenate and chloroethanol, reflux at about 110 ℃ for several hours under normal pressure, and the reaction is as follows:
The method has mild conditions and is suitable for small batch production and laboratory preparation. In this paper, on the basis of this method, a suitable phase transfer catalyst was added, and a more detailed synthesis study was carried out in the laboratory. Specifically, in a 500 ml 3-neck flask equipped with a reflux cooling tube, add 150 g of chemically pure phenol, add an appropriate amount of sodium hydroxide solution under stirring, and it will become transparent after about 10 minutes, and then add 135 g of 95% chlorine. Ethanol and its 1.5% by weight phase transfer catalyst immediately appeared white precipitation, stirred at 50 °C for 1 h, and separated and purified, the yield reached 87.8%, and the purity reached 92.5%.
- Pressurized synthesis
The same amount of phenol and ethylene oxide were reacted in an autoclave for 4 hours, until the temperature reached 200 ° C, the pressure was 2500 lb/in2, and then cooled to obtain 94% phenoxyethanol.
- Phenoxyethanol – WikiPedia
- 2-Phenoxyethanol – PubChem
- Nolan, Richard A.; Nolan, William G. (1972). “Phenoxyethanol as a Fungal Enzyme Extractant and Preservative”.