2-Hydroxy-4'-(2-Hydroxyethoxy)-2-Methylpropiophenone CAS 106797-53-9
Factory Supply 2-Hydroxy-4'-(2-Hydroxyethoxy)-2-Methylpropiophenone CAS 106797-53-9 with Best Price
- Appearance: White powder
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: 2-Hydroxy-4′-(2-Hydroxyethoxy)-2-Methylpropiophenone Suppiler
2-Hydroxy-4'-(2-Hydroxyethoxy)-2-Methylpropiophenone: The Complete Guide
2-Hydroxy-4'-(2-Hydroxyethoxy)-2-Methylpropiophenone for Sale
Basic Info of 2-Hydroxy-4'-(2-Hydroxyethoxy)-2-Methylpropiophenone
IHT-PI 659; OMNIRAD 659; OMNIRAD 2959; 2-Hydroxy-1-[4-(2-hydroxyethoxy)phenyl]-2-methyl- 1-propanone; Photoinitiator 2959
Dye Intermediates; Organic raw materials
What is 2-Hydroxy-4'-(2-Hydroxyethoxy)-2-Methylpropiophenone?
2-Hydroxy-4 ‘- (2-hydroxyethyl) – 2-methylhydrophenone (photoinitiator 2959) compared with Irgacure 1173, it has lower volatility and odor. Importantly, its energetic hydroxyl team can be easily grafted onto polymer molecules, making it much easier to process.
Photoinitiator (abbreviated as PI) is an essential element of UV healing products, which plays a crucial role in the speed of UV curing. Photoinitiator is a sort of substance that can absorb radiation energy, stimulate photochemical change, and also generate energetic intermediate (free radical or cation) with the ability of launching polymerization. Photoinitiators can be split into ultraviolet initiators (absorbing ultraviolet light area of 250 ~ 420nm) as well as visible initiators (taking in visible light location of 400 ~ 700nm) due to different absorbing radiation power.
Photoinitiators can be separated right into totally free extreme photoinitiators and also cationic photoinitiators as a result of different active intermediates. The free radical photoinitiators can be split right into two types, namely, pyrolytic photoinitiators and hydrogen capture photoinitiators, due to their different systems of creating free radicals. Presently, UV curing innovation is primarily used, and also the photoinitiator made use of is UV initiator.
Photoinitiator 2959 has been evaluated as well as can be utilized in the UV healing formula of timber, metal, plastic and paper surface areas. The hydroxyl useful group in the molecule improves the solubility of photoinitiator 2959 in water-based paint formula. Photoinitiator 2959 has reduced volatility and also odor than Irgacure 1173. Significantly, the active hydroxyl team of photoinitiator 2959 is conveniently implanted onto the polymer particle, making its processing more convenient. As a result of its distinct residential properties, photoinitiator 2959 is especially recommended for UV formulations that require to evaporate water via heat and also air movement prior to curing.
- Photoinitiator 2959 is a photoinitiator allowed by the FDA qualification system, with reduced smell, reduced volatility, and reduced yellowing. It can be made use of in adhesives that are not in straight contact with food. It has energetic hydroxyl ethoxy incurable hydroxyl groups and can take part in the response.
- Photoinitiator 2959 can be utilized in water-based photocuring system with high melting point, and can additionally be utilized in UV treating powder layers. In the initiation process, it is primarily made use of as a sensitizer for UV finishes, inks, and adhesives. It is better than (photoinitiator ITX + photoinitiator EDAB) as well as photoinitiator BDK. It is not conscious oxygen restraint as well as has low volatility. The surface curing result is excellent, but its spectral absorption band is mostly in the short wavelength band, as well as the deep treating impact of UV pigment system is not great. It is suitable for use with photoinitiator 369.
- Photoinitiator 2959 is a high-efficiency non-yellowing UV photoinitiator, used to launch UV polymerization of unsaturated prepolymerization systems, particularly ideal for acrylates and also unsaturated polyesters that need reduced odor and water-based properties material. The reactive hydroxyl teams in the photoinitiator 2959 molecule make it very easy to respond with unsaturated materials. It is suitable for standard UV systems. It appropriates for water-based UV formulas since the hydroxyl practical team in its particle enhances the solubility of photoinitiator 2959 in water-based covering formulations.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy 2-hydroxy-4'-(2-hydroxyethoxy)-2-methylpropiophenone, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of 2-Hydroxy-4'-(2-Hydroxyethoxy)-2-Methylpropiophenone
Photoinitiator 2959 can be used to prepare UV-curable coatings and inks. Examples of the application of photoinitiator 2959 are as follows:
A UV-curing in-line printing UV coating is characterized in that being made of the raw materials of the following parts by weight: bisphenol A epoxy acrylate 40-45, tripropylene glycol diacrylate 10-12, propylene carbonate 2 -3, UV absorber UV-531 1-2, photoinitiator 2959 2-3, photoinitiator 184 3-4, polyethylene glycol 400 3-5, ethanol 10-12, methylhydrogendichlorosilane 2 -3. Polytetrahydrofuran ether glycol 1-2, dispersing aid 2-3;
The preparation method includes the following steps: mixing other components except the ultraviolet absorber UV-531, the photoinitiator 2959 and the photoinitiator 184, heating the temperature to 50-60 DEG C, and stirring at 500-600 rpm for 15-20 minutes , cool down to below 40 ℃, then add ultraviolet absorber UV-531, photoinitiator 2959, photoinitiator 184, continue to stir for 10-15 minutes, that is.
A UV-curable ink with small particle size and strong adhesion, prepared from the following raw materials in parts by weight: organic pigment 1-3, urethane acrylate 24-26, 1,6 hexanediol diacrylate 12-15, Nano aluminum oxide 2-4, activated carbon 1-2, oleic acid 4-5, tripropylene glycol diacrylate 10-12, phenyl glycidyl ether 1-2, ultraviolet absorber UV-531 1-2, Photoinitiator 2959 4-7, cobalt naphthenate 1-2, sodium silicate 2-3, orange oil 2-3, auxiliary agent 4-5;
The UV-curable ink with small particle size and strong adhesion is prepared by the following specific steps: firstly adding organic pigment, urethane acrylate, 1,6 hexanediol diacrylate, nano-aluminum oxide, activated carbon, oleic acid, diacrylate Tripropylene glycol diacrylate, phenyl glycidyl ether, and ultraviolet absorber UV-531 are stirred and mixed, heated to 80-90 ° C, and stirred for 25-35 minutes; then add the rest of the remaining components except photoinitiator 2959, The reaction is stirred for 3-5 hours; finally, the temperature is lowered to 60-70° C., photoinitiator 2959 is added, and the reaction is stirred for 40-50 minutes. After cooling, grinding is performed to obtain a slurry of 20-40 μm.
Preparation of 2-Hydroxy-4'-(2-Hydroxyethoxy)-2-Methylpropiophenone
A preparation method of vegetable oil-based photoinitiator 2959, comprising the following steps:
- Preparation of modified vegetable oil: use dehydrated ethyl acetate as solvent, add 20% 60% vegetable oil relative to the solvent mass, dropwise add 5% relative to the solvent mass 25% modifier, and react at 60 80 ℃ 5 for 10 hours to obtain a vegetable oil solution containing hydroxyl groups.
- Synthesis of silicon-containing photoinitiator: the molar ratio of isocyanate-containing silane coupling agent and 2-hydroxy 4 (2-hydroxyethoxy) 2 methyl Propiophenone under dark conditions For 2: 1 4: 1 reaction in dehydrated ethyl acetate, use dibutyltin dilaurate DBTDL as catalyst, catalyst addition accounts for 0.05% of the mass fraction of reactants, 0.3%, 60 80 ℃ reaction 4 After 8 hours, a silicon-containing photoinitiator was obtained.
- Mix the hydroxyl-containing vegetable oil solution prepared in step (1) and the silicon-containing photoinitiator prepared in step (2) in a molar ratio of 5:1 to 1:3, and react at 40 to 60 ° C for 12 to 24 hours to obtain vegetable oil base. Photoinitiator 2959 solution.
- Purification of vegetable oil-based photoinitiator 2959: Under dark conditions, the solution of vegetable oil-based photoinitiator 2959 obtained in step (3) was purified by rotary evaporation under reduced pressure, and the product was obtained after the treatment.