1,3-Butylene Glycol CAS 107-88-0
Factory Supply 1,3-Butylene Glycol CAS 107-88-0 with Best Price
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- Assay: 99. 0%min
- Stock: In stock
- Sample: Available
- Zhishang Chemical: 1,3-Butylene Glycol Supplement
1,3-Butylene Glycol: The Complete Guide
1,3-Butylene Glycol for Sale
Basic Info of 1,3-Butylene Glycol
1,3-Butanediol; (±)-1,3-Butanediol; (±)-butane-1,3-diol
Food additives; Pharmaceutical raw materials; Organic raw materials; Cosmetic raw materials; Flavors and fragrances
What is 1,3-Butylene Glycol?
1,3-Butylene glycol, described as 1,3-Butanediol, has the qualities of good hygroscopicity, odorlessness, low toxicity and also good water solubility, and also has the reactivity of dihydric alcohols. Generally utilized in the production of plasticizers, unsaturated polyester materials, industrial dehydrating representatives, and so on; can be utilized in cosmetics as a moisturizing representative, utilized in lotion, lotion, cream, gel, tooth paste as well as various other items; can likewise be made use of as Creams and softeners for textiles, cigarette and paper, antibacterial representatives for cheese or meat, and so on.
1,3-Butylene glycol is generally made use of as a moisturizing agent in cosmetics, and has a good antibacterial effect, as well as can be made use of in the production of various lotions, ointments as well as toothpastes. 1,3-Butanediol is also the raw product of polyester material and alkyd material. Its numerous monocarboxylic acid monoesters are outstanding plasticizers for PVC resins and also plastics; The body can be made from unsaturated polyester material. Since 1,3-butanediol has an anti-bacterial impact, it is likewise utilized as an anti-bacterial agent for milk as well as meat items.
1,3-Butylene glycol is an organic chemical substance coming from the secondary alcohol family. Currently, 1,3-butanediol is primarily used in surfactants, inks, natural and also artificial flavoring solvents, and as a comonomer for the manufacture of particular polyurethane and Polyester resins. It can additionally be utilized as a moisturizer to stop moisture loss in cosmetics, especially in hair gel and also designing cream. Additionally, 1,3-butanediol is pharmaceutically involved in the manufacturing of colchicine by-products as anticancer agents as well as the activation of double peroxisome proliferators as hypoglycemic agents γ and δ Synthesis of agonists, which is effective for the treatment of diabetic issues.
1,3-Butylene Glycol Uses for Skin
1,3-Butanediol is utilized in shampoos and also conditioners for harmed hair as well as in reduced humidity areas. Emollients have the result of conditioning and also softening the skin. Common polyol humectants have the function of moisturizers; on the other hand, moisturizers may not have the effect of moisturizing. Oil-in-water lotion/cream based upon mineral oil [( including 5% 1,3-butanediol, glycerin or propylene glycol) and also (10% white wax oil)] after wiping by guinea pig Effectiveness assessment. The examination results program that 1,3-butanediol has the complying with advantages over glycerol and also propylene glycol:
- 1,3-Butanediol is less greasy than glycerin and propylene glycol.
- It is less sticky than glycerin.
- 1,3-Butanediol is more conveniently absorbed by the skin than glycerin.
- 1,3-Butanediol is less film-forming than glycerol as well as propylene glycol.
- 1,3-Butanediol Supplies a smoother skin feel than glycerin.
The sensitization and potential irritation of aesthetic raw materials to the skin is an essential requirement for formulators to select. Research study to day has revealed that 1,3-butanediol is dramatically much less bothersome and also animating to the skin than propylene glycol.
1,3-Butanediol is extra oil soluble than glycerol as well as propylene glycol, yet still miscible with water. 1,3-Butanediol is used to liquify the energetic component in ointments, creams and lotions. 1,3-Butanediol has excellent solvent homes, so it can be added to products such as face clean, make-up eliminator, as well as hair color. In fragrance applications, it is used as a taste solubilizer as well as fixative.
The Manager has Something to Say
This is William, CEO of Zhishang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Welcome to visit our factory . As the top chemical manufacturer, we have been striving for product quality, innovation , R&D, and customer service for the past 7 years. In the next 10 years or even longer, we are committed to becoming the most reliable chemical supplier in the world , creating a well-known international brand trusted by customers, with the spirit of “one meter wide, ten thousand meters deep”, we continue to focus on product research and development, continue to focus on customer service, continue to improve the supply chain service system, to create a professional chemical supply service team, to achieve win-win long-term cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +86 176 5311 3209
- WhatsApp: +86 176 5311 3209
- WeChat: Zhishang17653113209
- Skype: +86 176 5311 3209
If you want to buy 1,3-butylene glycol, pls contact us to get a free quote.
Application of 1,3-Butylene Glycol
After esterification of rosin, the acid value can be reduced, the softening point and heat resistance can be improved, and its application range can be expanded. According to the number of ester groups in the molecular structure, rosin esterification products can be divided into rosin monohydric alcohol ester, rosin dihydric alcohol ester, rosin trihydric alcohol ester and rosin polyhydric alcohol ester. At present, there is no report on the synthesis method of rosin 1,3-butanediol ester at home and abroad. ,3-Butanediol is produced by esterification, and is made into irregular transparent solid after vacuum treatment, which can be used for EVA hot melt adhesive, hot melt pressure sensitive adhesive, hot melt coating, novolak, structural adhesive, sealant, Laminating glue, ink, etc.
The synthetic method of rosin 1,3-butanediol ester comprises the following steps:
- Adding rosin into the reaction vessel, heating and melting.
- After the rosin is completely melted into a liquid, a catalyst is added, and 1,3-butanediol is added dropwise to it, and the esterification reaction is carried out at a certain temperature.
- Treat that esterification reaction finishes, underpressure distillation, airtight cooling, drying, obtain rosin 1,3-butanediol ester.
- Ventilation protection throughout the reaction.
Preparation of 1,3-Butylene Glycol
- Prins condensation reaction: take propylene and aqueous formaldehyde solution as raw materials, control the reaction temperature at 20 to 200 ° C, and the reaction pressure at 0 to 10 MPa, through a fixed bed reactor A equipped with an acidic solid catalyst, the reaction generates 1,3- Butanediol, tetrahydropyran-4-ol and 4-methyl-1,3-dioxane; the concentration of the reactant aqueous formaldehyde solution is 5-70%; the molar feed ratio of the reactants propylene and formaldehyde is 20:1 to 1:20; the formaldehyde feed space velocity per unit volume of the catalyst for the reaction is: 0.1 to 1000 ml·min-1·LCat.-1; the acid solid catalyst for the reaction is a non-transition element oxide or mixed One or several mixtures of oxides, zeolite molecular sieves, heteropolyacids, cation exchange resins, etc.
- Intermediate product separation: after the reaction mixture is carried out decompression, rectification separates out unreacted propylene and formaldehyde and re-enters the reactor A and continues to react.
- Hydrolysis reaction: after separation, tetrahydropyran-4-ol and 4-methyl-1,3-dioxane are mixed with methanol, and the reaction temperature is controlled at 20～200° C. The hydrolysis reaction was carried out in the fixed bed reactor B of the catalyst to obtain 1,3-butanediol and methylal; the sum of tetrahydropyran-4-ol and 4-methyl-1,3-dioxane and methanol The molar ratio is: 1:1～1:30; the feed space velocity of the catalyst per unit volume in the reaction is: 0.1～2000ml·min-1·LCat.-1; the acid solid catalyst in the reaction is a non-transition element oxide Or one or several mixtures of mixed oxides, zeolite molecular sieves, heteropolyacids, cation exchange resins, etc.
- Product rectification: the above reaction mixture is rectified to obtain methylal, excess methanol and 1,3-butanediol products, wherein the excess methanol is returned to the reactor B to continue the reaction.